Your home town's claim to fame

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
Longview Washington is known for the only bridge in the world made solely for the use of squirrels. We are a sad, boring place.
Oh, and we might be the inspiration for the Green Day song "Longview". That doesn't make us sound all that better does it?

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
Mount Morris, New York

Birthplace and hometown of Francis Bellany, the writer of the pledge of allegiance

troth

Jun 8, 2009
Uhh... Salmon. Lots and lots of salmon. I can't think of anything else.
Oh right, the dude from Prototype was born here, but that's it.

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
Jacksonville Florida, USA. Named after Andrew Jackson, a general in the united states military during the war of 1812, and who's most memorable battle was fought after the war was declared over. He also kicked all the native Indians out of the area. I think he had a quote that went something like "Lol problem natives?". Heh...heh...oh i'm going to hell.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Clint Eastwood was our mayor! And he only did it so he could legalize the purchasing of some property he wanted to build a restaurant on.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Remember the Intelligent Design thing in schools that happened several years ago? That was my hometown. Dover, PA

Sep 24, 2008
I was Born in the Bronx. And before you snicker 'haha, how did you survive the drive-bys', the answer is by dodging. That was a real thing in the early 90's. Cleaned the hell up because of rich people wanting to live close to Manhattan but can't afford the rates, so they settled in the outlining Boros.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Blackout62 said:
Clint Eastwood was our mayor! And he only did it so he could legalize the purchasing of some property he wanted to build a restaurant on.
Wait, you live in Carmel as well? O_O

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
One of our average joes married the princess of Sweden

Thats something right?

masterfyoog

Jun 22, 2011
Saratoga Springs, NY

We are known for our amazing springs and the horse race track. You can see it in the movie Seabiscuit. We have a disney hotel named after us, but it looks nothing like Saratoga.

We did create the potato chip :p

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Raef LaFrentz [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raef_LaFrentz].
His parents still live here.

P.S. I live in Monona, Iowa. xD

I also live 15 minutes from the site of Fort Crawford (look it up if you care, it was a civil war fort).
And 15 minutes from the boyhood home of John Mott [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Mott] a Nobel Prize winner and the place of 2008 immigration raid. xD