your last game purchase? was it worth it?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
titles says it all...

anyway my last game purchase was Infamous....and you know what that means...

I am happy to anounce that I am now the proud owner of a PS3....I have offially fallen from the heavans of the glorious PC gods (hey this was a big desicion)

anyway I love PC gaming and all but I have to admit my computer isnt getting any newer, and its such a great feeling to be free form the limits of DRM, internet, retail, and frame rates

and the exclusives..dont forget the exclusives

anyway I am very happy...the future of gaming looks bright from where Im sitting

but that said I'm not going to be attempting a FPS anytime soon

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Really don't get the whole difference in game genre and how your talking as if its a drug and doing a FPS is like going from smoking weed to shooting up heroine..

Any ways mine was Infamous 2. Best game I have played in a while. The ending made me tear up and that is the closest I have been to ever crying in a game ever. Probably would have if they didn't change his voice and make me feel like I was playing a whole new character.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Funny because my last "purchase" was also inFamous, except I got it from the "Welcome Back" package so I don't know if it counts and being free it was worth it.

Shymer

Feb 23, 2011
I just bought the Witcher 2 on PC. Unfortunately it's quite big and I am downloading it over a very small connection. 4 days downloading later and it still hasn't arrived yet. I have yet to receive my money's worth - but I have patience, hope, and no download cap.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Alice: Madness Returns.
I suppose it was worth the £40, seeing as I got the original Alice too. I didn't like the original, but can't complain since it was free and all.

Madness Returns was a little too short for my liking, but I liked both the gameplay and story, so I guess it was worth it.
Quite frankly, I'd have paid £5 just to see the Cheshire Cat.

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
Resistance 2 and Wolverine for under 20 euros, I love used-games, can't disappoint at that price.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Alice: madness returns i enjoyed it but it was a bit repetitive, there was nothing really different that happened all the way through it. Im not sure what they should have done but i got a bit bored, the scenery was beautiful and was cool to look at but it, didn't really bring anything new. The story was also good but still.
Sorry to rambling for me £40 was a bit much for me but still

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Because all my Fallout 3 DLC was downloaded on another account I had ages ago, and to access it on my new account I had to somehow remember my password from years ago, I had two choices:

1. Buy all 5 DLC again of the Marketplace for about £30
2. Go onto Amazon, buy the GOTY edition for £15, then sell my old Fallout 3 for a fiver, with only a £10 deficit instead of £30.

So I'm sure you can guess which game I got.
Also I ordered the RE5 Gold Edition the same day so I guess that could count too.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Mine was Flower (off PSN, naturally). The sixaxis controls can get a little annoying at times, but otherwise it's great and it was totally worth the $10.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Alice: Madness Returns. The gameplay was fun yet a little repetitive, and as the game progressed I had increasing textual issues, which served as an irritating reminder that despite the beautiful scenery, I really wasn't in Wonderland. The story also became really obvious halfway through, which made progression more of a necessity rather than for the plot becoming exciting.

Especially after seeing the cut content, I'm left a little wanting. But it was different, I love Alice and the original book series, and with the classic game it was worth the money in the end.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
inFamous 2. Brilliant game but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first. I think it just lacked the wow factor of the first game but still a brilliant game so yeah, good purchase!

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
90$ for Tales of Vesperia. Very rare in PAL territories so that's why it cost so much. Hasn't arrived in the mail but, I'm hoping it will be good (really hoping). I like JRPGs and it looked pretty fun so I should enjoy it and I should get a fair amount of play time out of it. Also considering games come out at 109$ in Australia, 90 isn't too bad considering that and how rare it is.

piratejames

Oct 16, 2009
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection on PSP. Got it from the PSN store so it set me back roughly £26.99. I don't really mind, I love the game and have been waiting a while to get it!