Your Least Played RPG Class (Tabletop Or Video Game).

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
I most often play as either mages or thieves/rogues or occasionally combinations of the two, I only rarely play as fighter/warriors. I just prefer sneaky or magicy playstyle I guess.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Guild wars I have to play characters with an actual feasible weapon, most often a ranger with a hammer/sword/axe/bow. Just because wands and staves are a bit... meh. My healer ranger is awesome. My least played class is Mesmer/debuffer class.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I never play JUST warrior type character. (only melee and nothing else)

If I'm making some sort of warrior, they'll most likely have some magic. (or something)

EDIT: Also, pure ranged characters don't appeal to me, so I very rarely play as them

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
I was always a close and personal kind of rpg player, so I never was very fond of classes that fight over a distance, like archers and mages. I do like to mix up a fighter class with some support magic spells when I can.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
kommando367 said:
Warrior, or healer if the game has a healer class.
I don't usually play healers as I prefer tanking but I do find some satisfaction in healing groups/raids, especially healing through Onyxia (A World of Warcraft raid) several years ago, that was probably the most fun I've ever had healing.

Sperium 3000 said:
I was always a close and personal kind of rpg player, so I never was very fond of classes that fight over a distance, like archers and mages. I do like to mix up a fighter class with some support magic spells when I can.
I realised that I rarely play ranged, non-caster classes, especially in the DND games I don't DM as there's already a few Rangers in our group.

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
I never play a straight up fighter type. If I play a melee character, it is a druid or a dagger wielding stealth guy.

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
Healers, I don't usually like playing them they are just the most boring class to me.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
1) Druids
I hate just about every depiciction of druids I've ever seen in a game; I certainly don't want to become one.

2) Monks
Something about going up against a guy in plate armour wielding a poleaxe with only a robe and no weapon, and actually expecting to win, strikes me as more than a little stupid.

It's even more stupid when they actually do win. I mean, if bare hands really were as effective as weapons as they are for these monks, why would anybody ever even bother with proper weapons?

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Rogues and Archers. Using stealth or bows is fine for situations, but as an entire class? That's freaking boring.

I personally love being heavy armor with magic and a sword.
Pretty much I like being the Gandalf approach, magic at a distance, sword when up close

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Mages

I have no issues with the idea of the class or anything, but I just always find them dead boring to play regardless of the style in which a game presents them. I forgo them altogether if it's reasonable (though in most games it's not) and, when you need one, I let the Ai handle them.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Wizards can go to hell. I don't trust them with their shiny ranged attacks. If you can bring the apocalypse down then I'll respect you, otherwise go away. Seriously, in Diablo, I'm so used to playing melee characters that even the act of clicking on an enemy to attack from afar just feels utterly wrong, I just don't feel like I'm hitting stuff, even when I do bring down a meteor. Smash peoples heads in with axes, that's the way forward!

And healers. Healers can fuck off. Ever since being forced to heal as a paladin in burning crusade, I just can't do it. flash of light, flash of light. flash of light, fol, fol fol fol, holy light! fol fol fol fol fol..... for eternity. Although healers do seem to try and rope me back in, played D&D, picked the Warlord class, got to level 3; found out it's a fucking buff bot healer. RAAAAGE.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I hardly ever play mages. I think they're broken, but I can appreciate the fun you can have being one.

I usually play rogues, which often makes people think I am masochistic. What can I say? I like sneaking and unpicking locks and stabbing people spectacularly in the back. I also find that they give me a nice balance of practical and RP opportunities.

Sometimes, however, I just like to slap on some armour, heft a two handed broadsword and wade into the fray. So I have played warrior/fighter types before.

I guess the one thing I never play is a true 100% support character, like a dedicated healer or something. Or a bard. Man those suck from a practical perspective. From an RP perspective, they're great, but...

Still. I digress.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
Thieves/Rogues/Assassins/Whatevers. The closest I ever get to playing a character like that is really just a Fighter who opens combat from stealth, which honestly I think is more commonly called playing smart. I don't really know why I don't play them, I guess I'm just not a subtle guy. I either like to be the center of attention in a fight, whether I can withstand it or not.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
Like many people, mages. I tend to not like any type of caster class. If I deal damage from afar, it's with a bow or a gun. Although my druid friend's changing my mind since his favorite thing to do is punch a ***** with a fist full of flames.

Still, mages are my least favorite, and I have a tie between rogues and big ass mother fucking tanks. My two main characters in Guild Wars 2 are destined to be a Guardian and a Thief. Every time I try a caster, I just don't like it. I don't know why. The closest to a caster I've ever gotten is a paladin-like character.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
at LEAST 10 full playthroughs of Mass Effect 1, and I never played an Adept. except to unlock the achievements. I main Infiltrator in the Mass Effect games. I think that says it all, and that's across the boards for all games. I rarely play the mages, always play the rogues/snipers

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Stealthy classes are my least played. Warrior>Mage>Rogue, in that order, are my most to least played. My favorite to play is a Battle Mage/Arcane Warrior. But Rogues, as cool as they seem, I never really play.

DudeD1020

Dec 8, 2010
I never play a "true" cleric. The one time I did was in Hackmaster, I was a cleric of Risk which has a special class table. But other than the band-aids in a can I love all classes. Especially Druids and Bards.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
I don't dig Melee jobs. Knight/Paladin/Barbarian/Whatever. This one is universal. Table/Video games.

Tabletop- I tend to dislike Bard or Ranger. Bleh. Prefer Wizard, Sorcerer, or Druid. (3.5ed only I choose to ignore 4th)

Video Games- Mainly dislike normal melee or 'ranger' types. Prefer magey type Wizard/Summoner what have you. Games where you build yer own job (TES, KoA(to a degree)) I like stealthy mages.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
WaReloaded said:
kommando367 said:
Warrior, or healer if the game has a healer class.
I don't usually play healers as I prefer tanking but I do find some satisfaction in healing groups/raids, especially healing through Onyxia (A World of Warcraft raid) several years ago, that was probably the most fun I've ever had healing.
Yeah, the only time I actively use a healer class is in Resistance 2 co-op where a shortage of good medics means certain death for a team during some of the more difficult enemy spawn rushes.