Your mode of transport and why

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Yuno Gasai said:
It depends on where I'm going.

If I'm going to work, it's my car. Public transport won't get me to my workplace.

If I'm going to town, I'll take the train.

If I'm going to another city, I'll either drive or take the train (depending on where I'm going). I don't like city driving.
[sub][sub]Totally off-topic but I can't send PMs at the moment, I'm not ignoring what you sent, I'll reply when I can. Thank you, by the way! :3

I hope you're the right person![/sub][/sub]
Spot1990 said:
I live right pretty much right in the middle of Dublin so for the most part walking. I do regularly have to get buses and trains to get to gigs in other counties though because I have never in my entire life even tried to drive a car. I'm 24, almost 25, and I have never been behind the wheel of a moving car.
Dublin is the ultimate excuse to delay learning to drive.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I use a car. I live out in the suburbs with no real public transportation to speak of. Add to that the brutal winters we get and the fact that I sometimes need a car for work, and it's really my only option.

the site functions seem kind of messed up today. wierd

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
When on campus, I walk. It takes about 5-15 minutes to get to everything I need on a daily basis, probably 20-30 minutes if I want to head over the dining hall on the other side of campus or certain sports fields.

However, if I need to go off campus, I always use a car. My parents let me use one of their cars throughout the school year, and I really don't feel like testing the drivers around here once they start going above 25mph.

Velociferocks

Jul 20, 2009
Now in the winter it's mostly the buss and the occasional lift from family, but during the summer (or when the weather allows for it) I use my motorcycle, a Yamaha mt-03.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I take the almighty Dennis Dart [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Dart] or the almighty Dennis Enviro400 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Dennis_Enviro400#United_Kingdom], or at the very least something similar to that, to get to town and look for jobs/start working.

I also sometimes use the majestic British Rail Class 158 Express Sprinter [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_158] to go longer distances.

Look upon the might of the British transport system and tremble, especially on the buses.
...Mostly because they break down in super cold weather and you're left shivering at the bus stop. :p

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Legs or bicycle, which is operated by legs.

Why? I don't have a licence and I hate public transport.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
My bike broke so I walk...
If it's further away (I'm going to my parents the day after tomorrow fro example) then train and/or bus is the transportation of choice.
Yes, I don't own a car.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Bus for short distance like the next town over or train for long distance like heading to the cities.

While I do have a driving license but I can't afford a car nor do I want one in general (I only took lesson cos my parent make me and it look good on my CV). I never really find cars that appealing nor do I have the confident to drive one normally (I found it too stressful especially when it too me 5 times to pass my test).

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
I sort of feel the universe is mocking me right now, either that or I'm just noticing travel related things more these days because of my current situation, keep seeing it everywhere.

Anyways, usually it would be my car, but I managed to get my drivers license suspended here the other day so now I either use the bus or a bike to get where I am going.
The bus connections where I live are not that bad so it's not a total disaster, but man I miss driving.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Feet if possible, bus if not, train when traveling outside of city. I have a car but i take it out less than once a month.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Car, mostly. The US is one of the few (if not only) countries that doesn't take public transportation seriously.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the way Toronto does their public transit.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Bus and Subway. That's the best way I can play with my Nintendo 3DS on the commute.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
A 2009 Nissan Sentra, because I am lucky and my parents are incredibly generous. I will not deny my privilege on this point.

As for the why, because I live in America and outside of the biggest urban sectors public transport is either lacking or nonexistent. I live more than a mile from the nearest bus stop, and it's nearly 2 miles to walk from the nearest bus stop to my work. All in all I live maybe 7-10 miles from work, so I'd probably be better off walking at that point.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Feet if it's not a long way and I've got the time, otherwise I'll rely on public transit if I'm in Chicago (the transit there will get you within walking distance of just about anywhere). Depending on the traffic of my planned route, I also use a bike now and again, but since I'm often going along main streets in fairly large cities, I just don't trust drivers enough to bike. I'll happily get there later but intact rather than shave off a few minutes as well as an arm.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I prefer to drive but life isn't letting me do that right now. >:/

So its my own two feet and public transit. As a university student, my tuition includes a universal and semester long pass for buses/trains/etc and I use that to get around everyday. I would much rather drive but it is what it is.

Jodokh

Oct 2, 2012
04 chev silverado 1500 used to be a Ford F-150 but the engine pulled a Triton. Why I'm a typical blue collar dude who halls stuff from round bales to atvs and dirt bikes.
I don't bother with diesels cause I don't need the excess also I don't haul huge crap around.
Other then that, when I'm in the local area where I live my I ride my dirt bike cause fuck the police!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I drive my car everywhere I need to go. I use the car mostly because I got it from my dad when I started driving and a motorcycle doesn't have AC/heater. And I don't walk or bike because walking would take too long and I don't even have a bike anymore and barely used it when I did have one.