Your most common writting errors.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Oh that's easy, tense shifts and comma splices. If I spliced an atom for every comma splice I make... Well, let's just say the world would have lost some wait by now.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
If I start writing very quickly, and specifically when I'm looking at someone and talking to them while typing something separately, I will rhyme words. For example, instead of writing "horse" I might write "force". I don't know what that is - I blame it on a severe concussion.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I think faster than I type, so I forget words. At least that's the only explanation I can think of.

A common example would be(Taken from the current 'Most popular' on the news section on the bottom of the page): Skyrim Bug Turned Chicken Informants.
Usually I catch this error before I post it, but I still occasionally miss it.

Purkki

Apr 4, 2010
I usually ramble nonsense if I'm excited about something. Words after words without any sense.
There are some (English) words I write wrong almost every time, like consequence and probably.
SOmetimes I accidentally put two capital letters where only one is needed (like this sentence).

But yeah, I feel pretty awkward when I read my nonsense sometimes.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
My common errors usually are that I speak English like I should speak Finnish and I speak Finnish like I should speak English.
Also because I am not used to use he/she - because Finnish got only 1 word for both genders "hän" and it's variations.
I also often forget to add ' to many things.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I would repeat words or phrases as well but I would sometimes do it in a row such as " as long as long as" mainly because I stop when I write the first bit, think for some dumb-ass reason sometimes, then continue what I was writing. I would also, only while typing, sometimes write way to fast and either add a letter right next to the one I was going for, replace the letter with it, or not even press it down completely for it to appear.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I have no idea how to use punctuation correctly :/
Other than that my grammar seems to be decent.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Kingme18 said:
I cannot for the life of me spell definitely... except for that time right there...
I used to have the hardest time ever with definitely.

Just remember that finite is definitely in the word "definitely" :)

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
The worst spelling mistake that I make is trying to spell "Clever" and spelling it "cleaver" accidentally.

The worst part is that they're both words so spell check doesn't pick it up. I hope to FSM that I don't need to use the word "clever" in my thesis or I'm completely screwed...

QuantumT

Nov 17, 2009
The one I always find myself making is typing "it's" to indicate that "it" has possession of the object, as opposed to "its" which is the grammatically correct word to use. It's not that I don't understand when to use each one, it's just that I unconsciously add " 's" to show possession, since that's what you do for everything else.

Silly exceptions to the rules.

Rainbowloid

Jan 12, 2010
Shockolate said:
I have an annoying habit of writing the words "with" and "the" as "withe" whenever they are side by side.

At this point, when I realize that I put "withe" my first thought is "Of course I did."
Me too.
Every freaking time.

Also, I have usually misspell tendency as tendancy. Same thing with independence and independance. I don't know why my brain hates 'dences.

When I'm typing, I'll almost always type don'ot instead of don't and sould instead of soul.

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
Frankly, I don't really make spelling mistakes, not in my native language (Dutch) and barely any in English/German. When it happens, it's usually lack of focus: Sometimes my hands type something completely different from what I was intending.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Repercussions is probably the biggest one, but I don't use it that much anymore. Probably all my sentence fragments if you wanted absolutely perfect grammar, but that's not what most people come to the internet for.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'm bad with commas. I'm not entirely sure where to place them, usually I put them in places where you'd pause in a sentence.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
If I properly ran through the pieces that I've written I'll probably find that my grammar leaves a lot to be desired. Spelling has never been an issue though.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Using "less" instead of "fewer". And the use of commas.

And I'm not very good at writing in French. I'm can speak it, read it and listen to it but when it comes to writing in it I might as well just write gibberish.

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
My most common error is the overuse/underuse of the comma, the words of and off, and, sometimes, to and too. Everything else is fairly simple really. (I suck at French though >_>)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
When I type quickly, I find myself often spelling "around" as "aroudn." There are a few others that are like that, but it's mostly words like that where I type the last letter second-last, and the second-last letter at the very end.

Easy to fix, but annoying nonetheless.