Your most disappointing film.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Ted, not that funny.
Drive, was expecting more

Brighter note, finally watched Rango and it was superb, watch it!

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

I was looking forward to seeing this in theaters, but was extremely busy that I could not get a chance to see it. Then, I was able to rent it and thought that it was going to be great.

I wasn't. It is one of the only two films that I had to stop watching because it was bad. The first hour consists mainly of Sam contradicting himself from the last film (he wanted to be left alone from the Autobots to live a normal life, but after college, he wants to be a big shot and roll with the Autobots). I is just filled with a lot of human interaction that never needed to be there in the first place, and I just had to stop watching it. I didn't care if it got better, I don't feel that a film that I need to skip the first hour in order to enjoy it isn't much of a film.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I'll have to go with the Micheal Bay Transformers films.

they could've been great films, if it weren't for the fact that they make a movie about transforming alien robots, and who arbitrarily gets the spotlight? Shia LaBeouf.

Also, can anyone ACTUALLY MAKE OUT what goes on in the fight scenes of those films? much of the time it's more like a bunch of factory machines were messily glompping each other rather than actual fights.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The Madman said:
Most recently it would have to be Prometheus. What a stupid movie.
Montezuma said:
Wayneguard said:
Prometheus... what the fuck did I just watch?
Definitely, I walked in hopeful and bright eyed, I walked out screaming blind hatred.
"Alien" prequel ? Sure, it sucks.
Separated from the franchise ? It's not that bad.

Biggest flaw ? Scott. It seems he wasn't sure what he wants to achieve. The result ? Lucas move.

Ectoplasmicz said:
So Escapists, what film were you most disappointed you?
"Hannibal".
Good actors, good director (waitaminute... It's Mr. Scott once again !), not that bad script... What went wrong - i can not understand.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Avatar wasn't the greatest movie ever made by a long shot like all the trailers and signs told me, but I didn't mind it.

The Crystal Skull had a lot of painfully corny moments but I didn't have high expectations for that either.

Inception isn't great but I didn't have any expectations for that.

I can't think of any more because I have this amazing ability to know when something is going to be avaerage/crap by watching those really long trailers.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
JesterRaiin said:
"Hannibal".
Good actors, good director (waitaminute... It's Mr. Scott once again !), not that bad script... What went wrong - i can not understand.
the brain eating scene?

somone once told me in the original book (it was a book right?) clarice and Hannibal actually sit down to dine on the guys brain together, because she's got this stockhom syndrom/catch the crazy thing going on

now you can't tell me that wouldnt have been awsome?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Vault101 said:
JesterRaiin said:
"Hannibal".
the brain eating scene?

somone once told me in the original book (it was a book right?) clarice and Hannibal actually sit down to dine on the guys brain together, because she's got this stockhom syndrom/catch the crazy thing going on

now you can't tell me that wouldnt have been awsome?
I agree it was one of factors, but then again - there are plenty of movies considered "awesome" despite being full of crappy scenes. ;]

Nov 28, 2007
epichappy said:
Only one movie may take that cake, the Godfather. Yeah, it was not as good as you guys said it was... full of cliches and totally boring. Also it was very long, which added to my disappointment.
I wasn't sure what I was going to say until I saw this. Yeah, gotta go with that. Second greatest movie of all time, my ass. Took two sittings for me to watch it, and I was left feeling unimpressed. It wasn't the cliches that got to me (keep in mind, The Godfather created most of those cliches), it was the dullness. I was waiting for Michael to take the reins, and it took so bloody long to get there. And after two plus hours of build-up, the main conflict is basically resolved in 15 minutes. Rrgh.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Easily Spider-Man 3. Nothing can ever top that for me.

When I heard that Venom was in the third Spider-Man movie I got really excited. Really really excited. Having one of my favorite directors shoot a film about my favorite Super Hero fighting my favorite villain (Venom). What could go wrong?

Every God damn second.

If I were to actually go into detail about how much I hate this 'thing' I'd probably get a permaban, so suffice to say I didn't enjoy watching my childhood get beaten mercilessly to a bloody pulp.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
JesterRaiin said:
I agree it was one of factors, but then again - there are plenty of movies considered "awesome" despite being full of crappy scenes. ;]
I figure theres more too it...its just thats the one thing I hear get ridiculed..alot

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton. That was the film that made me realize just how far the poor guy has fallen from his awesome nineties films.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Vault101 said:
JesterRaiin said:
I figure theres more too it...its just thats the one thing I hear get ridiculed..alot
There's a good reason for that. Whole scene is very disappointing. People are all rather _meh_ than _OMG, he eats his own brain_. Even Hopkins seems to be a little disconnected... But then again : there were worse scenes in some all-time-favorite classics. ;]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Psykoma said:
The last airbender.
Obsessed over the show.
Was almost orgasmic over the movie previews.
Wanted to be in tears walking out of the movie.
Yeah...so much this.

You'd think a NON-WHITE wouldn't WHITEWASH the damn characters.

I swear I thought someone brought in Mel Gibson to do the casting.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
Spiderman 3.

Lady in the Water. This was the time where I was still tying to give M. Night Shyamalan a chance.

The Spirit.

Ang Lee Hulk.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm pretty hard to seriously disappoint with movies.
But the one time, and I do mean one and only time I was this close to walking out of a theater was with Lady In The Water.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Psykoma said:
The last airbender.

Obsessed over the show.
Was almost orgasmic over the movie previews.
Wanted to be in tears walking out of the movie.
As a fan of the show, I knew the film was going to suck big time. Call me cynical if you want (I am) but the evidence pointed that way; M.Night Shyamalan directing, compressing all of Book 1 into a two hour feature, some really bad effects and completely miscast actors (a THIN Iroh?!) all pointed towards the inevitable bombing of The Last Airbender.

OT: Thor
I went in expecting a film on the level of quality of Ironman, but what I got was a clichéd kids' superhero flick. It just felt way too 'fun for all the family' in my opinion. Considering how awesome Ironman was, this was a let-down.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Wayneguard said:
Prometheus... what the fuck did I just watch?
I've heard some people say it's a good, fun film.

But the majority warn me to stay away. I'm assuming I should take the latter advice...

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I don't know why I was so excited, but I was
There was all this hype over Shockwave being the main villain, and then just... he was barely in it..