Your most emotional gaming moments?

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
nicole1207 said:
Akytalusia said:
welll.... back in the day it was...
FFVII: Aeris's Death.
it really -was- a shock for people who played it during it's debut.
My brother-in-law told me that he saved the game after it happened then was too distraught to carry on with it for about a month! It's strange to think that it was that shocking backin the day but now it's just a well known fact.
inorite? i had to stop for awhile too. it was just so... freakin' random. it came outa nowhere, there was no way to see it comin' either. it just slapped you across the face with a crowbar. it's true though. everyone knows about it now, so anyone who plays just completely ignores 'her' and never uses her in thier party or forms any kind of attachment, so everyone's prepared and doesn't think much of it when it happens.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Probably when Bastila got captured towards the end of KOTOR. Especially since i'd been holding Malak off pretty well on my own.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
The ending of RDR and the real ending of RDR
The ending of L.A. Noire
The ending of Portal 2
The nuke scene in Cod4
Too many moments to count in Kingdom Hearts 2 (The music right after *SPOILER* Goofy looks like he dies *SPOILER* is a perfect example)
Cod 3 when *SPOILER*Sgt. McCullun dies and when Sgt. Dixon dies*SPOILER*.

Can someone please tell me how to do the spoiler box please? (or refer me to a guide or something)

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
Portal 2 when
the portal hits the moon and GLADOS sets you free alongside the turret opera. The moon bit almost made me explode with epicness.
I know its obvious but still awesome.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
I don't care what any of you say... Final Fantasy VIII during the scene on the Ragnarok when you first hear the lyrical version of "Eyes on Me" along with FFX, the scene in Macelania Woods between Tidus and Yuna.

Yea yea, screw you all. I tore up my Man Card years ago! :p

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
odd choice, but the most emotional moment i can remember off the top of my head is the ending to fire emblem: sacred stones.

type_zero

Mar 30, 2008
The ending for Metal Gear Solid 3 was very touching as was the ending for Silent hill 2. Both contained so of the most emotional moments for me.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Bioshock 2 - good ending ( and while on the matter although the 1st game was superiour to the 2nd, the emotional impact that the good ending or any endings for that matter from the 2nd one had to me was way deeper then the melodramatic soap endings the 1st one had)
Mass Effect - I knew that Shepard should survive, but when all went to hell in the end I freaked out and thought where did I fuck up that she got killed, but then she climbed out of the rubble and I smiled.

And I get overwhelmed by some very bad emotions every time I send my army somewhere in a RTS game and some the fuckers take the bloody scenic route and get theselves killed, or when I want to load my quick save in Fallout 3 and it has become corrupt and crashes the game.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Da Orky Man said:
Title says it all. Which gaming moments do you remember most for their emotional effect on you?

Mine has to be the second mission of Homeworld, the return to Kharak. After seeing what had happened... I wanted to send nukes down the throat of every one of their ships.
On a positive note, the ending of Portal 2 was definitely one of the happiest moments in any of my gaming collection.
The ending of Shadow of the Colossus. You want to talk about an Emotional Punch in the nuts!?

Yeah that ending did it and to make things worse it honestly feels like YOU LOST THE GAME when it was all over.

It was sad, great and anger enticing.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ending of Portal 2 and when Elena almost died in Uncharted 2. I almost cried I think,.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Sonic Adventure 2, Robotnik almost successfully killing the hedgehog. The first time, I saw it from the villain's side, so I didn't get to see Sonic save himself. Thinking your childhood hero had just been beaten was the only moment where I jumped up and down and screamed at the TV without thinking about it.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Da Orky Man said:
Mine has to be the second mission of Homeworld, the return to Kharak. After seeing what had happened... I wanted to send nukes down the throat of every one of their ships.
Every time I see a similar topic I use it as a great excuse to suggest Homeworld to as much people as possible, semi-sad, semi-happy to see it mentioned in the OP for a change. Really can't think of anything worse than that. It's amazing how they managed it too, they had a tutorial mission, an easy introduction into combat then bam, hit you with that, all these people dieing, yet still you care. Amazingly well done. And on top of that it's an RTS. I can't think of any other RTS that has an even half memorable event, otehr than gameplay.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
I'd say Red Dead Redemptions ending, and most of Enslaved Odyssey to the West.

Oh and most of Uncharted 2.

I actually cried at the end of Farcry 2 ..(maybe just exaggerating a bit there) When I realised I couldn't continue exploring after so many missions and so much diamond hunting, and because the ending was fucking terrible anyway.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Oh god, Cara Mia at the end of Portal 2 always gets me welled up a bit, it's just so beautifully sung.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Red Asphalt in Saints Row 2 as usual

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Nuke scene from CoD4.
The whole scene is there just for you to watch him DIE. I actually felt sorry for him seeing how he drags himself across the ground, struggling to live.

Ending of Modern Warfare 2.
Soap and Price lost all of their friends and teammates. They embark on a against-all-odds suicide mission in an attempt to eliminate Shepherd. Soap, dazed and near death, watches Price battle Shepherd, who seems to be winning the fight. It all seems hopeless, they are going to die. Until...

Mass Effect 2 Tali romance.
Her interesting personality and cute behaviour is enough to make my manly side go soft.

Neverwinter Nights - Aribeth.
Everyone she cared for dies and she seems to be more and more broken every time you talk to her, and you can't help but feel sorry for her. She feels confused, and doesn't know whose side is she actually on...

Fallout 3.
James' death. C'mon, he was a really nice character!

These are the first that came to mind.

Smallfry

Aug 6, 2010
During the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2, I must have done something wrong.

THEY. KILLED. LEGION.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
One of them for me was the ending of Half Life 2: Episode 2. I have never hated the Combine so much as I did at that moment.

A happier one is finishing the suicide mission at the end of Mass Effect 2 with no one left behind. It made me feel like a real hero.