Your most emotional gaming moments?

briunj04

Apr 9, 2011
Shadow of the Colossus has always made a large emotional impact on me, the biggest one being when I saw the tenth colossus in the coliseum and practically pooped a brick in sheer terror and awe.

I also felt pretty depressed while playing The World Ends With You at some points. When Rhyme died was pretty sad and Shiki's story kinda depressed me.

Finally, Okami had a few dramatic moments. I liked Susano. He always tried to be the hero, but ended up screwing things up. I was able to relate to him, so I felt pretty sad for him at times.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
Re-visiting Oakvale in Fable 2. Visiting the ruins of the villiage where I first discovered the RPG genre as a kid really tugged at my heart strings.

Thincrust

Sep 2, 2010
Yea I have to say the end of Red Dead Redemption I kind of knew it was coming but didn't expect it to be that emotional. Also, I think the end of World at War I almost shed a tear when the guy dragged himself and planted the flag to show everyone it was over.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
The intro cutscene thingy to "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents.

Happy, lighthearted game about saving lost puppies and low-budget films then BAM! Little girl crying because daddy's not coming home for Christmas.
Because he's dead.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
In the mission where Hawke's mother is kidnapped and we are supposed to be out rescuing her, my heart was thumping all along the trail. And I was incredibly, incredibly pissed when I found out she was dead. I had never spammed aoe spells like I did that time. Burn, ************, burn.

Ross Reilly

Jan 12, 2011
FFX's ending was one of the best ending in JRPG ever. When Yuna fell through Titus when she tried to grab him literally made several people who were watching me play cry. It was such an amazing ending because it wasn't happily every after for everyone. You know one day that it might be happily ever after since you see Titus after the credits being reborn but you can't say for sure. This really leaves it up to the gamer to make their own ending to this story which is something I loved. This ending was so good that I ignore the fact that X-2 exists. I enjoyed X-2 to a small extent but it didn't come close to the endings I played out in my head over the last 10 years.

*Ok these next two games kinda move away from talking about the exact emotional moments in the games and move towards why I liked this games so much.

DA:O was a game were when you finished the game you wanted to play again that very instant. Reason being is that you were able to end one way but you knew there were so many other ways you wanted it to end, or at the very least try and make it end. Even the little choices like who would you romance, should you be male or female, your race, will you die when you fight the arch demon, or just having different party members with you this time around just to hear what they say. I think it took about 4 more completed games till I finally felt satisfied...for a while.

Halo Trilogy: The reason I enjoyed this game wasn't because I spent countless amount of hours online with my friends destroying others dreams of victory (though it helped). The reason I enjoyed this game was because it was a pure and simple epic story that you could just fall into. It was so enjoyable that I even read the books back when I hated to read, just because I loved the universe of Halo. Sure this game isn't as realistic a game as Modern Warfare is but its not as far out there as the DC universe. The heros in these stories really walk a fine line between being superheros and just normal humans. They are a lot like batman in the fact that they don't have any special powers (other then being on horse steroids) and really have to us combat skills to get them through their ordeals.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I'd say, the ending of Cryostasis, the ending of BioShock 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 Otacon's sister, and Metal Gear Solid 3 ending

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
The last, 2 hours of MGS4, cried like a *****. Picked up the phone to my Dad who thought I had been attacked or something, good times, good times.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
welll.... back in the day it was...
FFVII: Aeris's Death.
it really -was- a shock for people who played it during it's debut.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Albert Whisker said:
The end of Metal Gear Solid 3, from the last proper fight onward.
I finished it at four-thirty in the morning. And cried for the next two hours.
Yeah, that's the best one Kojima's ever done. I got teary-eyed at it too.

Mass Effect: The whole series. If potential has an emotion I know what it was like for my parents watching the first Star Trek.

bomdir

Dec 25, 2009
Close to the end in the witcher 2, have never been so angry and dissapointed.

I sacrificed everything to save Triss, I gave up on Sasika and by doing that, threw away the only chance of a free-state. But what did I get in return? I found out that she lied to me, I can never trust her again.

Cant wait for the third game/expansion, I will spitt Triss in the face and save Sasika!

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
The intro cutscene thingy to "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents.

Happy, lighthearted game about saving lost puppies and low-budget films then BAM! Little girl crying because daddy's not coming home for Christmas.
Because he's dead.
Defintely this. Looked up what happens when you fail, and I am so glad I didn't. It was damn depressing!

Ok, maybe this wasn't so teary eyed or crying, but I felt like complete crap afterwards. It was when I was playing Nier for the 2nd time, as doing so allows the game to show you the story again, but with additional cutscenes. And oh man...

Finding out that all the shades weren't technically evil and I just murdered them like nothing mad me feel really dpressed. This is especially true with Kahlil and Beepy. Oh my god, Beepy! And the wolf shade! He believes in the humans, but they attack and kill even more wolves, and he gets pissed! When he dies, he says,"What did we do to deserve such a fate" or something like that. And those littles ones in the final dungeon!

Nier, a game that made me feel absolutely depressed. Awesome game though.

nifedj

Nov 12, 2009
Some of mine have already been mentioned. I would add;

In Lost Odyssey, when
Kaim's daughter dies. Such a sad scene.

From Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time:
When Farah dies near the end of the game. She's going to fall, and the Prince grabs the blade of the dagger to hold her up, then she sees he can't hold on, says goodbye and lets go.

Also at the end of Mass Effect 2, once I knew I (and my team) was out of danger the fact that almost everyone had survived was a triumphant moment.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Akytalusia said:
welll.... back in the day it was...
FFVII: Aeris's Death.
it really -was- a shock for people who played it during it's debut.
My brother-in-law told me that he saved the game after it happened then was too distraught to carry on with it for about a month! It's strange to think that it was that shocking backin the day but now it's just a well known fact.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
In Heavy Rain, when playing as Ethan, and watching the old home video in his abandoned office (I think it was his office). That really got to me.

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
Portal 2 and MGS4's ending. I would tell you why if I knew how to make a spoiler box...
I am starting to sound like a Metal Gear fanboy aren't I? :/

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Assassin's Creed Revelations....
what I know it ain't out yet, but saying goodbye to Ezio's gonna be so hard.

KotOR II (mod version) Atton's Death, getting choked up here!