Your most emotional gaming moments?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Smallfry said:
During the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2, I must have done something wrong.

THEY. KILLED. LEGION.
Must've chosen the wrong party member, I managed to get everyone to survive (except for the single person who is dissolved to show what the Collector's were doing, obviously)

My condolences, Legion was a really interesting character

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
The ending to mgs3 with big boss emotionally devastated by his mission crying at the bosses grave, whilst you look through his teary eye and the sad slow version of the mgs theme plays.

minidevil921

Jul 16, 2009
I wont give to much detail but the first character death in mother 3 made me cry quite a bit, also may someone please reply to this and tell me how to make a spoiler protector.

Jun 16, 2010
Akytalusia said:
welll.... back in the day it was...
FFVII: Aeris's Death.
it really -was- a shock for people who played it during it's debut.
Yeah, can't believe you're the first one to mention that. It was like "Pfft, she's a Player Character. She can't be dead. What are you doing? She's not... WTF? Come back! You have all my good materia!!"

Megacherv

Sep 24, 2008
ThisIsSnake said:
The ending to mgs3 with big boss emotionally devastated by his mission crying at the bosses grave, whilst you look through his teary eye and the sad slow version of the mgs theme plays.
Why am I not surprised that you said something like this

And I thought that that was in MGS4...

Adamd1990

Apr 13, 2011
Maybe it's the fact that real life has made me dead inside, but I can't really connect with any video game character for the past 3 years.

But, back in the day I gotta say I enjoyed the ending to FFX, just because of the time and effort it took to complete it. I loved the characters and loved how it all wrapped up nicely.

I would also say MGS3, but when
Eva starts crying in her monologue, that kinda knocked the realism out of it. No idea why...

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
Dawn of War 2: Retribution
The exterminatus of Typhon Primaris, seeing this jungle world burned to ash while your on it was really depressing

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
Megacherv said:
ThisIsSnake said:

Hey, it's a great series.

The grave is visited in both but

In MGS4 it's where snake plans on offing himself and big boss finally dies, in MGS3 it's where Big Boss cries and salutes at her grave

Megacherv

Sep 24, 2008
ThisIsSnake said:
Megacherv said:
ThisIsSnake said:

Hey, it's a great series.

The grave is visited in both but

In MGS4 it's where snake plans on offing himself and big boss finally dies, in MGS3 it's where Big Boss cries and salutes at her grave
I misread it as Big Boss's grave, I thought there was some death faking in there

It'd be one of the least confusing plot-points in there...

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
FreelanceButler said:
The intro cutscene thingy to "You're The Inspiration" in Elite Beat Agents.

Happy, lighthearted game about saving lost puppies and low-budget films then BAM! Little girl crying because daddy's not coming home for Christmas.
Because he's dead.
Seriously this. It was so jarring. Weeee dancing saves the day! Oh her dad died and it's his birthday today....:(

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I cry just a little bit watching the end sequence of Final Fantasy 6, especially Shadow's segment. Every bloody time.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
End of Mafia, and the end of The Sands of Time.

The latter has always left me perplexed even more as to the direction Warrior Within went in. SoT had sunny weather, but it was heart-wrenching through most of it, especially the last third of the game, and especially on the "two endings" (you should know what I mean if you've played it).

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
The final case in Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. It was really the first time in the series I felt really invested in what I was doing. I felt like Phoenix HAD to win this case. Not just for his client, but for Maya. I had to save her.

Ytinasni

Apr 27, 2011
Shadow of the Colossus is the only one that did it for me, the bit with agro, the last colossus, hell all of the colossi, the music pulling you in, and then the end.

Kyle Tracz

May 10, 2011
In Kingdom Hearts 2 and days pretty much every part with Roxas. It ussally involved losing a friend,him haveing to make a sacirfice and him fighting his friends. When he fought Sora for thed final time I just felt so had that so much crap had happened to him he was'nt even suppoed to exisit, all his friends were dead, he had nothing left, part of his life was just a lie and all of It was for sora Just so Sora could live. Then at the end of the fight I felt like exploding cause Sora beat Roxas using a cheap move.

Casey Thomasson

Jun 8, 2011
Strain42 said:
The final case in Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. It was really the first time in the series I felt really invested in what I was doing. I felt like Phoenix HAD to win this case. Not just for his client, but for Maya. I had to save her.
Excellent choice. I was just about to throw out the ending to Trials and Tribulations.

(SPOILERS)

When you're up against Godot, knowing that he's guilty, but also that he did it to save Pearl? Phoenix realizing that, despite this, he has an obligation to the truth, and then BAM, the old school mosic from the first game for your final Cross-Examination. Epic, and gets me every time.

Hell, just the Fey Sister's Theme is enough to well me up these days.

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
There were a few games and moments that got to me in one way or another.

In Silent Hill 2, I actually got really, really upset during the scene where Angela walks off into the burning building. I just felt so much pity for her; she didn't deserve what had happened to her, but she didn't have anyone to lean on, and she let the things her father had done to her destroy her self worth. It was an interesting moment because I realised she was basically playing out her own version of James's journey into Silent Hill, but she wasn't strong enough and she was lost. It was just an absolutely brilliant bit of storytelling and empathy for a character who didn't even get that much screen time.

Conversely, the ending of Earthbound was probably the best ending I'd ever encountered in a game. Still is, purely for sake of closure. I loved how you got to travel through all the different cities you'd been to, seeing everyone you'd met, the way your actions had changed things. I remember I finally got to the library in Onett and returned the map, and the librarian said something to the effect of, "Wow, I can tell this map has traveled very far and seen a lot of things... but it's home safe to stay now." and I kind of just gave a happy, contented sigh. I wish more games had endings like that... it was just the perfect way of wrapping everything up, of making you feel like your adventure really had come to a close in the best way possible. Sure is a far cry from today's 30 second cutscene and ten minute credit roll.

BaconPunch

Mar 24, 2011
I says the very ending of Half-Life 2: Episode 2.
But then again I don't have a huge catalogue of games.