your most epic gaming moments EVER!

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
simply enough, share with us your greatest gaming moments in ur life. like finishing a real hard final boss, a awesome cutscene, etc.

mine personal was probably when i finished off Typhon, Bane of the Gods in Titan Quest on Epic (thats the name) difficulty. that was EPIC. Music under fight is doing the situation really dramatic. also its real hard as his normal attacks kill u in 2 shots (his meteors are instant death)

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
There was a thread about this last week.

Edit - Me thinks... Hit post early : (.

Basically, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC, online, friend was running around, I popped around a corner to knife his face, it failed, but we were both taken out by some random guy.

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
Oh this easy.

Resident Evil 5, my AI partner shot through me and killed 3 enemies.

One of them had a helmet.

*weary sigh*

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Most certainly my slightly unexpected Man VS Tank achievement in Left 4 Dead.

In the waterways of Death Toll, there's that round room that usually has weapons at the bottom, yes? I heard the Tank growl in the next room, so I killed off my team and got the Tank's attention. Lead it up to the top of the round room and basically ran in circles as it chased me, unloading my pistols (ran out of Auto-shotgun ammo pretty fast) into it whenever it stopped to throw a rock at me.

Took about 20 minutes, but I got the achievement.

xxtoxiticy

Mar 9, 2009
COD 4 on XBL, ran into a room with four people in it and got pwned... before respawn switched to marty and ran in and just crouched ... they killed me... but i got all four of the SOB's

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
I do not really have epic moments, just amusing ones, like my tendency to say terrible one-liners while playing a game.

Example: Fallout 3

*Blasts Super Mutant to death with a shotgun, then Bloody Mess kicks in*
Me: "Well, he "fell apart" under pressure..."

Killing dogs (same game)
Me: "Sit." BLAM!

...I am a terrible person.

Taekwonty11

Mar 25, 2009
A buddy of mine were playing Madden '09 and re-creating Super Bowl XXXIV between the Titans and the Rams. We were playing along and in the last play of the game, EXACTLY like the real Super Bowl I was down by a touchdown and taken down at the 1 yard line just short of a touchdown. It was pretty insane that it turned out like that, but the score was different.

Black yeoman

Jun 22, 2008
Playing co-op with a friend on Gears Of War with the beserker. Random screaming of "ROLL! roll now! ARGHHH!".

Failing that, just watching the final cut scene in Double Agent last generation, I know its cheap but I loved it!

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
3 in CoD4.

1: I was playing in Bloc and defending one of the buildings with another guy. For a good while, we had held off repeated waves of about 5 people. Eventually, my ammo ran out for my main gun, grenades, and claymores and my ally had either left or had been killed. I retreated to try to find another gun and ended up on the other side of the stairs before the enemies had ran inside. I turned around and killed 5 in a row with just my pistol. it went on for a little while longer and i think i got a 20 kill streak out of it.

2: I was in Overgrown on the grassy end of the river. I saw about 6 people running straight for me and I decided to hide in the gas station to fend them off. After setting claymores in preparation for what I figured would be an epic showdown, they burst in and I began firing. The claymores did their work and got me 2 kills, I killed a couple more as they came in one of the doors, a third after I jumped out the window, and one more after I came back in. At this point everything kinda went black for a second from adrenaline, and I realized that I was emptying a clip into the ground before getting killed.

3: 100 and 20 in shipment without camping.

Yooz

Mar 12, 2009
gigastrike said:
3 in CoD4.

1: I was playing in Bloc and defending one of the buildings with another guy. For a good while, we had held off repeated waves of about 5 people. Eventually, my ammo ran out for my main gun, grenades, and claymores and my ally had either left or had been killed. I retreated to try to find another gun and ended up on the other side of the stairs before the enemies had ran inside. I turned around and killed 5 in a row with just my pistol. it went on for a little while longer and i think i got a 20 kill streak out of it.

2: I was in Overgrown on the grassy end of the river. I saw about 6 people running straight for me and I decided to hide in the gas station to fend them off. After setting claymores in preparation for what I figured would be an epic showdown, they burst in and I began firing. The claymores did their work and got me 2 kills, I killed a couple more as they came in one of the doors, a third after I jumped out the window, and one more after I came back in. At this point everything kinda went black for a second from adrenaline, and I realized that I was emptying a clip into the ground before getting killed.

3: 100 and 20 in shipment without camping.
100 and 20? As in k/d ratio for that match? Impressive! I remember calling in an airstrike on CoD: WAW and getting 5 kills. That's a lot for me.

Another would be on L4D, me and 3 other dudes pwned a witch, we all stood near her and went at her with shotguns, it was funny, epic and ...uh, yeah.

slackbheep

Sep 10, 2008
First ever time playing Rainbow Six (original PC version) at a friends house, Being from the Quake/Goldeneye school of shooter players I assumed anyone and everyone was to be shot. I managed to kill both my team and the other completely solo on virtue of no one expecting a maniac to run through.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Not sure if this counts as "epic" but it's one of my favourite moments from a game ever, contains minor Fallout 3 spoilers.
I was searching project purity for clues as to my father's whereabouts, I found my way down to what had been his room while he stayed there, on a table among discarded whisky bottles I found a holotape labeled "better days". I popped it in my pip boy and hit play, I instantly knew the woman speaking was my mother, I was filled with a genuine sense of awe and love before I remembered that a: my mother sounds nothing like that and b: she's not dead.
I was so immersed in the world and in my character I was thinking as her, but then that's the magic of games.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
remembered a good 1. was playing with my 2 friends in Death toll in the town, we played on advanced, and it was going real good. through the level we faced 2 tanks and 2 witch without ANYONE (not even bot) being incapacitated. when we finished the lvl, i was like "Holy Shit dude, we kicked their butts. that was really really great. dont truly remember if it was the town tho, else it was construction site or crane. we really fucked the director up.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
OOOH OOOH! Defeating Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts 1 And 2, THAT WAS BLOODY HARD.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
A multiplayer skirmish match on Fate of the Dragon, mine and one of my rivals armies left their cities, I engaged their army with some of mine, took a few out before falling back luring him into a ambush from the trees, almost destroyed his army before he sent more men from the other side in a two pronged attack. I then took my generals, Zhang Liao and Lu Bu to be specific, from upon a nearby hill and sent them into what was left of his army with cavalry, I won the battle and after took his city. The battle between us was epic, constant tactical oneupsmanship.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Not mine, but a friend of mine's. I don't really have any good ones, but I always like to share this:

Halo 3 CTF match. My friend is carrying the enemy flag and on his way back to base. An enemy Warthog comes at him, and his own team's flag is being carried by the passenger. He sidesteps the Warthog and proceeds to knock out the enemy's flag carrier with their flag, and goes on to score with the flag. He had a freezeframe from the replay as his desktop for a while, showing the flag coming down toward the enemy's flag-carrier.