Your most unlucky purchase

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I asked for this for christmas and read no reviews about it nor saw any gameplay.

To make up for it, I got Call of Duty 3 that same Christmas as well, while it was shit, it was no where NEAR as shit as this game.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Well I was in Ghana a couple of weeks back I bouggt a big dirty sword from some crazy fella named George. Anyway it turned out he ripped me off and the same sword was half that price across the road so a few guys went back and started telling everyone not to go into the shop. He then said he was going to kill them and followed them part of the way home.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Shanicus said:
saintdane05 said:
I once purchased a copy of Pokemon Quartz. If there any Pokemon fans, you should recongnize something wrong with that.

I'm sorry, but that was my reaction after reading that. That's just... damn. I honestly didn't think they sold physical copies for the knock-offs - guess I was wrong. Hopefully you weren't too out of pocket for your mistake though.
Ten bucks for a rom hack. A pretty poor one to.

The box on the table looked to be convincing to my five year old self.

I'd actually be kinda interested to see the knock-off pokemon, some of them could be interesting unless they just use the originals with different (or even the same) names.

Wouldn't pay for it though, not that interested

On Topic: I bought a spring powered airsoft pistol in a pretty legitimate shop that sold good quality guns only to find that a dodgy shop with a badly translated name down the road sold the same model for only half the price. The gun turned out to be really powerful so maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy from the other place. The box looked the exact same though...

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
I bought Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath from steam. The textures were all messed up. The Animations didn't work half the time and the display had a weird filter over it. I was sad because the game was pretty fun to play even in its crappy form.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I bought Darksiders for full price. Now I have a bias against the series. It was so not worth it. Especially the last two hours.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I have a big bunch of games on steam that my laptop can't run... One day I will be able to play them.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations, instead of Skyward Sword. Worst of all, I bought it and Saint's Row the Third, and spent too long playing the latter, so my full-price return period had expired, and I would only get about $30 for a hot off the presses stabby. I used to be mad at myself for that. Then I was mad at Ubisoft. Now, I'm just sad. :(

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
phenomenological said:
PlayStation 3.

nuff said
Really? Huh. I like mine.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

OT: My unlucky purchase? Last Rebellion. Good grief, that game was bad.

malkavianmadman

Jun 29, 2009
My first pack of smokes. Caused me to be addicted for the last 14 years or so. Finally gave up earlier this year but I have realised since then that I dont know how to handle certain things without cigerettes.

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Buying this from this website: http://www.gaggleupgadgets.com/collections/tablets/products/android-tablet-7-inch

I highly suggest no one else do this unless you want to buy a PoS Android tablet that you want to take a hammer to.

It cost me 90 bucks at the time of purchase. Waste of money and I was unable to get a refund.

Speaking of which I might take a sledge hammer to mine...

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
A few days ago I decided to buy Old World Blues for Fallout New Vegas to get some more play time out of it, I download it, go to the drive in, watch the cut scene, and... ERROR DISK IS UNREADABLE. I looked at my disk to see it was cracked in the center so now I'm out 800 MS points I could of spent on something else. It did teach me now to always make sure my games are in perfect working order before putting more money into them.

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
I've got a weird one. I got a dvd for a birthday one year. Tenacious D Complete Master Works, it was called. It was meant to contain their HBO show, a live concert, a couple of music videos and some extra stuff. However, the 2nd disc of the 2 disc set was somehow - somehow - a Bruce Springsteen concert instead. The graphic on the surface of the disc said Tenacious D, but it had somehow accidentally been coded with something else. To this day I don't know if that happened to a million copies of the thing or mine alone.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I got Lego Batman 2 the day my PS3 broke. S

Seriously I was playing Red Dead Redemption, turned it off and went downstairs for a cup of tea, game came, turned PS3 on, YLOD.

The worst part is that now my second playthrough of Red Dead is ruined since I was a good way through when I lost all my data.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
$500 cpu about a month before AMD cut all its cpu prices in half.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Mine isn't anywhere near as bad as other entries here, but I made an account with Direct 2 Drive just so I could take advantage of a sale that listed Assassin's Creed for $5. I *much* prefer Steam for the overall convenience and far superior interface, but whatever.

Well guess what sale Steam decides to run a week later?