Your New Years Resolutions

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
With 2020 finally over, we can look forward to 2021 in hopes it'll be better. And like any new year, new years resolutions are on many people's minds, with the promise that this year, we're really going to go to the gym and get in shape. For real this time. Promise!
*Cough*
For me, I've just started my new year out on medication for the first time in my life. Hopefully it'll be able to make some big changes and help things out with stuff I've been struggling with over the past several years. My resolution is to finally take back some of the old me I seemed to have lost and could never get back at some undetermined point years ago. Probably was around the time when the reality of adult living kicked me too many times in the dick.

So, what are your new years resolutions this year?

Reactions: Chimpzy

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
To be less shit.

Granted, that's a daily resolution, but if you giving an excuse to drink a glass of wine whilst saying it...then sure!

Last edited:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't know if this really counts because I don't really believe in "New Year's Resolutions" and these are both things I started a few weeks ago but close enough...

The Physical Therapist and I believe we have (finally) figured out what the root cause of my headaches has been and have been working to fix that. While not a direct cause, I am pretty confident my fatass isn't doing these kind of strain issues any favors (I can't imagine having an extra fifty pounds give or take on my frame is helpful).

So I joined a Fat Kid App (Weight Watchers, evidently we get 50% off through my work if you complete the 12 week program) and once we're confident that my physical issue has been dealt with, I intend to get back into the gym (been doing light cardio when I can but I'd really like to hit the weights again). I purchased for Black Friday a "Six Week Training Program" from my gym. Half training, half motivation via gambling, basically we get unlimited training sessions with the trainers and the training classes. There is also a nutritional portion to it but I'm not sure how in-depth it goes (it kind of just looked like a meal plan setup thing but I could be wrong about that) but I figure that part would mostly be covered by WW.

The kicker to this program though is that if you successfully hit your goal (which I had been told is generally 20 pounds or a certain amount of body fat, not an easy goal to hit but certainly a possible goal in six weeks), you get your money back for the program (Usually $500 but since I got the BF deal, it was "only" $250). I was hoping to start the Six Week thing in January but it might be safer to just wait until the next class (mid-February) given my head/shoulder/neck issues aren't fully put to bed yet...

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Last year my resolution was to end my near 20 year smoking habit, of any kind, and as of yesterday I've officially not touched any cigarette, vape pen or whatnot in a year. I intend to continue that streak. Also started regularly exercising this year, so that's off the list, tho I could stand to ramp it up. Rarely drink to begin with, but maybe I can cut out alcohol entirely. Was already minding what I ate, so that's out too. Guess I got the health angle covered decently well.

Maybe learn a new skill. Something useful I can do with my hands. I'm thinking maybe how to give a proper massage. Tho not sure how well that'll pan out with covid restrictions.

Reactions: Trunkage

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Drink less, run more, work a little less, make a game (Nonce Knockers), be less tolerant.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Same as every year, lose weight and drink less. And this year, stop teasing my workmate about her fear of hedgehogs. I don't see that one lasting though. Actually I don't see any of them lasting, but you know, good intentions and all that.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, less "New year resolution" and more...exercising, both my body and mind. I plan to start exercising and lifting weight again (last time I did regularly was high school, though it was JROTC), and I plan to start exploring different hobbies. I'm going to try and learn to play guitar, as well as continue to work on my game project.

As far as an actual resolution goes, strangely enough, involves this forum. I want to post more...I don't know, anything really, to offset all these obnoxious argument maypoles that keep getting set up.