Your odd uses of sauce/cheese/spreads/seasoning

Duster

Jul 15, 2014
I know a lot of people, including myself, who like to mess around with sauces and seasonings. One of the more popular ones is putting ranch dressing on pizza for some reason.

I myself do less extreme types of cooking. I like putting chicken rub on scrambled eggs, and fontinella cheese on my french toast

What about the escapist? Do you have any odd tastes in terms of toppings?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I personally put ketchup on pizza myself. I always think the sauce should have a more sweeter flavor but that's just me

I also do kind of a ketchup/mayonnaise combo for fries

The Dutch have it right, mayo DOES taste good with fries!

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Does putting various forms of hot sauce on just about anything count as weird? I think the ones I've gotten the weirdest comments for are:
-Wheat Thins (though now they've made it easier but just making it a flavor [http://junkfoodguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/wtbuff01.png])
-Zesty Fries. Putting it on regular fries doesn't get any weird comments, but putting it on already spicy fries has really confused some of my friends.
-Turkey Burger. I actually thought this would be normal, but then my dad sounded confused when I told him about how good it was.

I guess wanting to eat fries with bleu cheese or mayonnaise is also sort of weird (at least around here). Too bad it is often hard to come by mayo, especially since the rest of my family hates it, or good bleu cheese (outside of when I'm at a wing place).

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
About a week ago I brought half a bottle of nacho flavored popcorn seasoning from a movie theater and ended up putting that on spaghetti and meat sauce because I don't plan ahead and didn't have shredded cheese.

It was the most amazing thing ever.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I like making my own sweet hot ketchup/sauce because, for some reason, hot sauces here are never sweet, always savoury, like spicy and sweet are somehow mutually exclusive.

I also love mixing mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise together for sausages or hot dogs.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I don't know if this is weird per se, but I like using Jalapeno dip on my fries.

PsychicTaco115 said:
I personally put ketchup on pizza myself. I always think the sauce should have a more sweeter flavor but that's just me
I used to do that when I was younger. Not sure why I stopped, because it does taste good.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I like to each cheese crackers... dipped in applesauce!

Oddly enough, Coco Puffs is the only cereal I will eat with milk in the bowl.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I once boiled a lambs heart in a 50/50 mixture of reggae reggae cooking sauce and pepsi. It was delicious.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
I made a drunken invention some years ago. Having found myself suffering from beer munchies, I cooked some noodles I had in the cupboard. However, I had no sauce; no Alfredo, no cheese, no spaghetti or even pizza sauce. What I did have was miracle whip and bbq sauce. It tasted good at the time, but later I became curious; was this good because I was drunk, or because it was actually good? Having tried it sober, I found it to be the latter. Not a first choice, of course, but definitely nice once in a while.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
There was this sandwich I made once. A bacon sandwich. Except I also put chocolate sauce in it. Then I added some strawberry jam. It tasted even worse than it sounds.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Ranch dressing goes great with both fish sticks and rice and beans, and the latter is even better if you add ginger dressing to the mix as well (which can of course pull solo duty if by some odd circumstance you find yourself in possession of ginger dressing but not ranch).

MJpoland

Legacy
Jan 12, 2011
Country
Poland
I add tabasco to half things I eat. After about 15 years of eating meals like this I stopped to even notice it unless I literally cover whole dish with it. Its kinda hard to find anything "hot" that feels even remotely spicy for me these days.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I think that salt and pepper go fabulously well together as seasoning. I am the outside the box kind of thinker we need in cooking today.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Guacamole. Chunky if I can be so picky. I can eat it with just about with everything.

I never tried guacamole with pizza but I totally should.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I put steak sauce on steak.

Apparently, according to damned near everyone I've ever spoken to or eaten steak with, this is a cardinal sin and indicative of a lack of refined taste on my part.

>.>

Otherwise? Nothing weird, really. My mom put garlic and butter on almost eeeeeeveeeerything growing up, so I have an ingrained fondness for that combination. It just makes most things better.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
It's pretty common in Sweden I think, but I like to put béarnaise sauce on my pizzas which my American friend thinks is disgusting. Regardless of flavour pizza. IT'S THE NOMS.

Anyway, she shouldn't talk; her son likes to put caviar (this kind) and peanut butter on the same sandwich. She gave birth to that monster.[footnote]I actually adore that monster AND her other two monsters but still, how can you eat that???[/footnote]