Your opinion or thought on Love?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
N3squ1ck said:
I believe in love, I experienced it, it was nice, but it is nasty when the love is not there anymore. Also it left me searching to find it again in this world. So far, no luck. But I know it is out there somewhere.
Not much more I can add.
EXACT
SAME
EXPERIENCE

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.
Nope or to say at least I haven't experienced it, and untill than I'd say it's no different than eating large quantities of chocolate

tricky-crazy said:
I believe in love as I was born because of it. My parents are still together after 26 years of marriage. :)
My parents have been married for that long to, but it ain't love keeping them together. I'm pretty sure it's spite or to see which one will die first at this point. In all seriousness they should of got divorced when I was a kid, they did more damage staying together than splitting up. Probably why I'm still single.

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
Well, I love my parents and most of my family. I love my closest friends. I love my Xbox and my PC. I would definitely die or take serious harm for all of them and always try to take care of them.

That's the only experience I have on the matter.

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
disgruntledgamer said:
My parents have been married for that long to, but it ain't love keeping them together. I'm pretty sure it's spite or to see which one will die first at this point. In all seriousness they should of got divorced when I was a kid, they did more damage staying together than splitting up. Probably why I'm still single.
I know how that is. If my parents had gotten divorced a long time ago there would have been a lot less arguing and hate. I'm probably still single because somewhere in my mind all I've gotten from my parents is "relationships are bad".

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I'm not sure I've ever experienced it myself and I can never be certain that anyone who's ever claimed to love me does in a way I would find meaningful.

Human condition and all that.

I would like to believe I'll fall in love some day, but I have severe doubts. In the words of Start Trouble's song "Chemical"...

Love is a chemical
Straight from your genitals
Never is spiritual
Never unconditional
Love is a chemical
Nature is radical
Never is spiritual
It's mathematical
and everything you've ever known today
Is all the world can give you
Don't believe in love or hate
It's only a chemical

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I believe falling in love is a combination of curcimstance and hormones, but to actually love someone is a rational thing.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Da Orky Man said:
Love... is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
Not many people could make such a shot, and fewer still would derive love from it. But for me love...is knowing your target, placing them in your targeting reticle and together achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Different things to different people. Emo as it sounds, it seems like little else than pain to me. Literal, physical pain, when I'm truly smitten with someone, I feel like my skeleton's trying to go a different direction from the one I'm going. I'm not sure what it feels like to have an alien chestburster inside you, but I would've thought it feels similiar. I've never understood why so many people seek out, even say they enjoy such anticipation. Having all your emotions suddenly place all their bets on this one person, and having little concious say in it, it's torture.

Maybe if it's requited then it stops hurting so much, but I've not known yet and probably not anytime soon.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I still occasionally get horribly, cripplingly nostalgic about the time I spent with my ex. Well, the first year anyway. Which is really conflicting 'cos I feel completely different about her as she is now. We might as well have become completely different people.

I've had girlfriends since and eh... there's another one who I think I could say I loved, but I was never attached to, which sounds really weird. We just had a great time together and then parted ways, with no problem at all. That's a better feeling.

So, for me, love is a fantastic thing, but if you're like me then it's better to keep some level of detachment. Pour too much of yourself into someone else, you'll find that if things do fall apart you'll be completely torn apart.

Stublore

Dec 16, 2009
Do I believe in Love?
I'd seen family members and friends experience something with their partners, something I'd never experienced.
Then I met someone online, initially we became friends, but as time went on it changed and I found something I'd never experienced before.
It wasn't just that I could talk for a long time with her,it wasn't just the irrational happiness that would overwhelm me when I saw her, the way I could make her smile when she was down, the thinking of her during the day, the finding of something that I thought screamed out her name, the way I missed her, it wasn't what I learned from her,her determination to achieve her dreams, her loyalty,her charm,her intelligence,her talent, her bravery,her quirks and mannerisms,it wasn't the little things I'd do to try and see that wonderful smile.
It was that with her I could be completely honest with her, the way she made me feel, the way it time seemed to hold still while we were together, it was all this and more.
Does it hurt that she went back to her ex who hurt her so much? It does but..........she's happy. I'm glad she's happy, just not how she achieved it.
And as much as I hurt that's what matters most to me, her happiness.

Is that Love? If not it's the closest thing I've ever had to it.
So yes, I believe in Love, but sometimes wish I didn't.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

Whether or not you can describe it, I am curious to know what everyone who answers opinion or thought on love is. What is love to you? What ISN'T love to you?

Get technical, stay simple. Be detailed, or answer vaguely. Give me your honest feelings on this one word, and what it means to you.
Nope or to say at least I haven't experienced it, and untill than I'd say it's no different than eating large quantities of chocolate
In fact it is VERY different! Love never gave my pimples, eating a large quantity of chocolate did however. :p

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
i don't believe in the love at first sight crap, that's just hormones acting out. What develops after the initial attraction through time and strife could be called something akin to love. That's discounting love for offspring because that's hardwired into us. I'm not going to lie our society has dreamt up a rather saccharine idea of love. There is the possible idea that the term "love" was created by people to give voice to the harmone attraction. It frightens me to think of how bleak yet true that explanation is. Like some of the light and hope got sucked out of this world.

I also think love is actually passion in it's rawest form, either for activities or ideas.
Using that logic the passion form of love is not exactly dead as our society encourages individuals to find their place and pursue that passion in order to succeed in life. I can only speak of U.S. society through experience and not about the rest of the world though...

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
aXFireXHeartXa said:
disgruntledgamer said:
I know how that is. If my parents had gotten divorced a long time ago there would have been a lot less arguing and hate. I'm probably still single because somewhere in my mind all I've gotten from my parents is "relationships are bad".
Preaching to the quire buddy.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

In fact it is VERY different! Love never gave me pimples, eating a large quantity of chocolate did however. :p
Well if you look at love as at least being partly hormonal it did.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
disgruntledgamer said:
Rose and Thorn said:
Do you believe in love?

In fact it is VERY different! Love never gave me pimples, eating a large quantity of chocolate did however. :p
Well if you look at love as at least being partly hormonal it did.
Touche disgruntledgamer, touche. Until next we meet! *Retreats back into thine Rosebush*

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Love, attraction, affection...such subtle differences between them I suppose. And since the Aratech sniper rifle quote has been used already, I'll say...

Hmmm. Love is seeing beauty in your companion even on a Monday morning when you're both cranky. Love is getting up in the middle of the night to help out when someone needs it, even if you went to bed furious at them. But love is not something that can keep a relationship up and alive all on its own.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
NightmareExpress said:
We feel it, and believe it to be something that it isn't.
Or rather, we use wishful thinking and imagination to mask it.

I sat down and really thought about it one day.
"Love" is our evaluation of how somebody can best benefit us. Can they make our day better? Do they have traits that I find desirable? Can they be useful in providing security? I suppose then, it's a given that how useful a person is can change with time and somebody more capable can walk along.

It's a scary thing, really.
Something that feels warm and deep, but is cold and shallow in actuality.
A current of electricity that sends chemical messengers to stimulate a primitive part of the mind.
I try not to think about what exactly it is often.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

That's the noise I make when my TOTAL MISINFORMATION detector goes off.
That shit's not love - love is an inexplicable ************. You don't 'love' someone because they have traits you find desirable. In the case of love it's either there or it isn't. We can explain the cause of the feeling but we can't explain exactly what it is about that person that sets those feelings off.

My friend put it in amusing terms when discussing marrying a friend. "It's comfortable, it's secure and it's practical. It doesn't matter if there is no love, because love doesn't provide a future."

People with desirable traits become our friends. This offers security and financial well-being. I would say this is a pretty desirable setup. This marriage would likely be a comfortable one, if not a particularly close one.
But it ain't love. Love is something else entirely.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
aXFireXHeartXa said:
disgruntledgamer said:
People fall in love for one set of reasons and fall out of it for a different bunch of reasons. That's why there's that saying about how the opposite of love is indifference, not hate.