Your opinion: The most overused phrase in gaming.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
WeepingAngels said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
WeepingAngels said:
I am also sick of hearing about resolution and framerate. These days you can have the best game the world has ever seen but if it isn't 1080p and 60 FPS then it going to get shit on. Oh how I miss the days when no one talked about the resolution of Mario 64 and Spyro the Dragon. Graphics arguments are nothing new but no one went around saying "N64 runs at 240p" because no one gave a shit.
Did you know that if you usually play games at 60fps, games in 30fps can make your eyes hurt because it's so stuttery? Of course you'll get used to it after a while, but if you start playing games in 60fps again the transition can be quite painful and headache inducing. And that's why I care if a game is locked at 30fps. It is also the reason why I go to great lengths in games to make sure I have a smooth as possible framerate, preferably over 40 as anything under gives me headaches.

And people generally start giving a shit when someone comes with a superior experience and they find out everyone else is stuck with their old technology and doesn't want to move forward.
Kinda like how every AAA protagonist is male. We want progression, and innovation. etc etc.
So yeah, if people want to be stuck in the past with 240p or games that can't even keep a stable 30fps, fine have fun with that. But don't go complain when people want progression.

Now with that small rant over, I can get on with the topic.

''Every action has consequences''
Nope, they rarely have.
Did you know that I have never had my eyes hurt from Mario 64 or Spyro the Dragon or any other games that wasn't 60FPS and did you know that I can go from NES games to modern PC games without a problem?
Congratulations, we are different. Maybe you know understand why some people might complain about anything less than 60fps.
And no I did not know that, now I do.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Ushiromiya Battler said:
WeepingAngels said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
WeepingAngels said:
I am also sick of hearing about resolution and framerate. These days you can have the best game the world has ever seen but if it isn't 1080p and 60 FPS then it going to get shit on. Oh how I miss the days when no one talked about the resolution of Mario 64 and Spyro the Dragon. Graphics arguments are nothing new but no one went around saying "N64 runs at 240p" because no one gave a shit.
Did you know that if you usually play games at 60fps, games in 30fps can make your eyes hurt because it's so stuttery? Of course you'll get used to it after a while, but if you start playing games in 60fps again the transition can be quite painful and headache inducing. And that's why I care if a game is locked at 30fps. It is also the reason why I go to great lengths in games to make sure I have a smooth as possible framerate, preferably over 40 as anything under gives me headaches.

And people generally start giving a shit when someone comes with a superior experience and they find out everyone else is stuck with their old technology and doesn't want to move forward.
Kinda like how every AAA protagonist is male. We want progression, and innovation. etc etc.
So yeah, if people want to be stuck in the past with 240p or games that can't even keep a stable 30fps, fine have fun with that. But don't go complain when people want progression.

Nope, they rarely have.
Did you know that I have never had my eyes hurt from Mario 64 or Spyro the Dragon or any other games that wasn't 60FPS and did you know that I can go from NES games to modern PC games without a problem?
Congratulations, we are different. Maybe you know understand why some people might complain about anything less than 60fps.
And no I did not know that, now I do.
Were you talking about 60 FPS and low resolution back in the late 90's because it seems like a new thing to me.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
WeepingAngels said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
WeepingAngels said:

Nope, they rarely have.
This. I was reading that counter-point just thinking the whole time "...I've NEVER gotten a headache going from a new game to an old game or vice-versa". I'll also agree that I don't like when framerate and resolution get thrown around, especially because nowadays, if I actually gave a shit about reviews, I wouldn't like some of the games I like today (Deadly Premonition comes to mind).

Also I'll go ahead and agree with previous posts about 'master race', which I was originally gonna just put 'pc master race' but I decided it was counter-productive to be exclusive when members of EVERY console/pc category do it. I remember hating talking to one of my friends in high school about games because she thought it was 'just so cute how I only had a 360 and that I didn't prefer PC gaming'.

Games are expensive. Game consoles are expensive. Hell, if you aren't gifted with electronic scrapping and modification then a good game PC is even MORE expensive. I ain't got that kind of cash to throw around similarly to how I don't really notice a difference in framerate going from a newer game to a lower game. All my games cost money, I enjoy all my games so the only time I'm upset about the "master race" nonsense is when a game is a console/PC exclusive and I'm upset that I can't enjoy it. -eyes Last of Us longingly-

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST. I hate the word "casual". I understand (to an extent) why it's THERE but I guess I just hate it when people use that term to apply to people like me who are between "casual" and (also overused) "hardcore". Like, what. I'm just a guy who likes getting achievements and playing games, just not on multiplayer on insane mode because that pisses me off. I guess I'm "casual" for not putting the heart and effort into a game. It's just bullshit.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
WeepingAngels said:
I got sick of "Game of the Year" when Skyrim was being called that months before it was even released. It's obvious how much bullshit it is when a game can win Game of the Year in the minds of many just from being announced.
I gave it GOTY in the website I write articles for. But unlike others, I was "meh" before it's release. Tried it at a friends house and thats when I decided to buy it and ultimately gave it GOTY.

OT: "Git Gud" and "uninstall noob". Used nearly every time I tried playing online. Should be allowed to kick the other person in the stomach every time they say it.