Your over powered binding of issac: rebirth runs.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I was playing last night and had my most over powered run ever, I'm not a big player 'cos it gives me really bad migraines but even so, I was totally unable to lose ... even the most inept gamer couldn't lose, literally.

Polyphemus, multiple damage ups, tears up and shots speed up, crickets body, fire mind and pyromaniac (I also had dollar bill, 3 pretty flies and gnawed leaf, so even if I put my vita down, I couldn't die). So I would fire a shot, hit the target, 4 smaller bullets would fall off from the impact and all 5 shots had a chance to explode and set a fire. If I was caught in an explotion (which due to my firing speed was guaranteed), the explosion healed me!

On top of that, I found an eternal heart secret room and plonked a wheel of Fortune down ... I had no idea this would happen ... if I got a red heart from the wheel of Fortune it turned into an eternal heart. So instead healing me, I got more heart containers and managed to max out my health.

What are your god like runs? Or just this is awesome runs ... like my ludovicho technique plus brim stone run.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I got Guppy by floor two or three on my first ever run on Rebirth so...that was pretty simple. :p

I also got 20/20, with max damage and huge tears which allowed me to clear rooms in around 5 seconds or so. Don't remember having much health but I had a lot of shot speed up and tears up as well. Below is a screenshot of the build when it became the room clearing monstrosity.

That was a fun run, allowed me to take out Isaac for the first time in 20 hours over both Isaac games.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I'm quite proud that I was able to beat Mom on my first ever run of the game. Sure it was just because I got The Bible, but a win's a win!

One of my favourites is when I had Gnawed Leaf and Cyber Baby 2.0.
Made it all the way to Isaac, stood by the door and steered the baby to the middle. Stood there doing nothing for about 5 minutes and beat him.

Brain Tumor

Sep 4, 2014
I have had a couple, and anytime I get an awesome one, I make sure to write down the seed. I don't remember exactly what I had, but I also had the reroll die, and every time I used it, it would make me even more powerful than the loadout before. It was awesome.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
My most conventionally stupid run was probably with brimstone, a bunch of damage ups and Tammy's Head. I was also Guppy. it was literally "go into room, activate Tammy's Head, fly to middle of room so lasers sweep entire room, go to next room." Even bosses were one-shots.

My most thematically powerful run was probably triple brimstone. I had brimstone, little brimstone and Krampus' Head. Every time I fired my brimstone, little brim fired too. For bosses or "tough" rooms, I'd start with Krampus and then double brimstone whatever was left.

My most silly, stupid and fun overpowered run was actually really simple. I had Midas' Touch, Unicorn Stump and some orbitals. With Uni Stump being a one room charge and Midas Touch turning everything you touch into gold (and then coins when they died) plus the orbitals eating anything up I was running into, I basically just had to activate Uni Stump and run into everything in the room to kill it super quickly and easy.. and I got a ton of money too.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I've just watched northern lion do a run on youtube ... He had chocolate milk, deaths touch , tiny planet, tammys head and some other crap.

He walked into a room with a full charged chocolate milk shot, pressed tammy head and filled the whole screen with a massive red/brown pixilated sythe of death. It was so big you couldn't tell what it was.

He killed blue baby in about half a second.

If I had a working pc I would post it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
IPECAC and Pyromaniac. Literally could not lose, since self-damage would heal myself.

Dr. Fetus, Mr. Mega, and Remote Detonator. Dr. Fetus is already a really strong weapon, having the extra damage of Mr. Mega and being able to time explosions better with Remote Detonator made bosses a pushover.

Another as Samson, I had Taurus and was very near the speed cap that activates The Chariot effect, so every room would start and after a few seconds I would just run into all enemies one-shotting them. I had a few hilariously items then too, like Dark Bum, The Wafer, The Relic, Lil Brimstone and Dry Baby.

Any run with Infestation 2 or Guppy where I had Brimstone or Mom's Knife. Brimstone especially, just clean a room out in one tear burst, then have the dozens of massed spiders or flies kill bosses instantly.

Another hilarious run I found two Chaos Cards, and duplicated a third using the Jera rune.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Another hilarious run I found two Chaos Cards, and duplicated a third using the Jera rune.
A good tactic is blank card and chaos card, plus any battery items you can stack on top.

Again, northernlion had a run like this recently. Walks in taps item bar and the boss dies ... mum, mums heart, blue baby just fell over.

Guess this set up could be quite good with card against humanity ... that would be for the lulz though, unless you had petrified poop.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I had one run with IPECAC, triple shot and tears that exploded into 4. explosions everywhere, fortunately I also had the book of shadows so I could just run up to a boss and nuke them. I killed everyboss in like 3 seconds.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
I had one item that reduced damage to half a heart, one that charged up an item halfway and one that gave me a soul heart when I used it. I was literally invincible.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I had a run with Pyromaniac, Kamikaze, Brimstone, and Lil' Brimstone among other things. Provided I was mashing the Space Bar, it was impossible for me to die, and I had a ludicrous amount of damage. I killed Isaac for the first time in that run.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
The other day I had a run where I got mega tears. Then I got triple shot. Then I got that one item where your tears block projectiles. I was able to beat Mom's Heart and Isaac on hard mode with taking almost no damage.

jake557

May 30, 2008
I got some pretty big tears once:

From earlier in the same run showing all the tear effects in action [http://i.imgur.com/MIviKfj.gifv] (Warning, excessively large gif)

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
i dont play the game myself, but i have gotten into watching certain youtube let's plays, just because from a technicle standpoint the game is quite interesting and has a huge amount of permutations which can create rapidly varying runs, i just dislike the aesthetic and themes of the game so i don't want to buy or play it.

In answer to the question the most powerful run i have seen, was death's touch, chocolate milk, tammy's head, dude charged his shot walked into the next room, used tammy's head and created scythes so big and so powerful it littleraly filled the screen and killed everything instantly and i do mean everything even the final boss on the chest, shame the guy playing never went to mega satan.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Don't know if it was my most powerful but just recently I had a glass cannon-ish run that I had considered giving up on. Playing on hard mode as Judas I had high rate of fire, high damage, proptosis and lump of coal. I also had really low speed which was horrible. I had reached Satan with 3 lives and one heart container with no extra health. Decided to explore the rest of Sheol and was lucky enough to get a health up, an eternal heart and three soul hearts. Got to the dark room, first chest I open teleports me to the angel room and I get Sacred Heart. Pretty much just wrecked everyone's shit after that. The Lamb died in about three seconds.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Well recently I had quad shot, IPECAC, pyromaniac, and splash shot. Obliterated mega Satan with it. I've had monster combos before but never something that made me invincible like that. Tammy's head, brimstone, amd the nun's habit with max health was pretty OP though

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I just had a stupid run with Eve. Quad Shot, Scorpio, Goat Head, Satanic Bible, Screw, The Wafer, Blue Map, and a bunch of damage ups like Jesus Juice, Small Rock, Blood of the Martyr and Cricket's head, on top of Eve's regular Whore of Babylon damage. I got really lucky with pills and got constant positives like Pretty Fly, Health Up, I Can See Forever and Balls of Steel.

It was so stupid, I had maybe five hearts on Eve, and you really are putting yourself in a weird spot of missing out on Whore of Babylon if you have more than one heart, and even with Goat Head I could not trade any of those hearts. The first Devil Room I skipped because I wasn't interested in Rotten Baby, but everything after that was either the three red chest Devil Room or Angel Rooms (where I got The Wafer). So I got the key to face Mega Satan with all the Angel Rooms I was getting, because why not? I had stupid amounts of soul and black hearts thanks to the combination of the Satanic Bible, The Wafer, and The Battery, and I pretty much blitzed through Satan.

Then right in front of the door to face Mega Satan, I opened the four red chests and got three Guppy Pieces, and became Guppy. And I beat Mega Satan while only taking a half-heart of damage thanks to Pretty Fly and the ungodly amounts of heavy-hitting friendly flies I was generating with each quad-shot (does it spawn flies when I inflict poison damage too?), on top of Eve's maxed-out damage.

I can barely beat the first two levels without taking a hit and I beat Mega Satan, which includes all four horsemen and all Super Sins, and only lost half a heart of damage. I will never do that good again.