Your Pseudonym, how did you come up with it?

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
Usually I go by Fides, but apparently the escapist wont accept it, so I went for a joke on my last name.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
My name comes from a struggle from within, conquering crushing depression and coming out the other side. By this I mean that this was the name of my first D&D character. The half red dragon half drow that kicked everyones asses.

The d is a surname that is actually not pronounced (so its not da-kyros its just kyros). The surname is a mysterious word that starts with d. Kyros was a mix between my real name and the word zero. (10 virtual dollars to the first person to guess my real name).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was thinking of a name for an evil prince character in Oblivion...and Onyx came to mind. Since it's a black gemstone, and gemstones tend to make good names. Hey, it works for Pokemon.

That stuck with me for usernames ever since.

Oblivion...is my favorite game ever. And always will be. Skyrim has ZERO chance of changing that.

Now, I prefer Hypnotoad Onyx.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Black Hawk Down is one of my favorite movies.

Super 64 was the name given to the second one to get shot down and it's the helicopter where Sgts Shughart and Gordon gave their lives defending the captain.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
My mind is its own world of chaos. 'gigastar' is one of the... 4 usernames ive gone by now.

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
.I've always wanted wings (really badly like more then want the next big console) and to be perfectly honest i'm proably going to die doing something stupid i was told not to.

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
dkyros said:
My name comes from a struggle from within, conquering crushing depression and coming out the other side. By this I mean that this was the name of my first D&D character. The half red dragon half drow that kicked everyones asses.

The d is a surname that is actually not pronounced (so its not da-kyros its just kyros). The surname is a mysterious word that starts with d. Kyros was a mix between my real name and the word zero. (10 virtual dollars to the first person to guess my real name).
Kyle?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I was listening to my favorite song in the Gears 2 soundtrack when I was making an account here.

Sounds pretty badass as well.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
My name is Joseph and I am a fan of the Colorado Avalanche NHL team.

Hence: [user]AvsJoe[/user].

[sup][sup]The fact that the most famous and successful player in the history of the franchise is also named Joe (Joe Sakic) is just a coincidence.[/sup][/sup]

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
I was playing a lot of Halo 3 on the levels where you get to play as both the Arbiter and Master Chief. And I had just watched 1337 by 64K (the rap group made by Loading Ready Run) and figured I could rewrite "Elite" as "E1337".

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I was in a band called the 'deck of many things' where we all had names like '____ something' mine was Ace Something.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
AvsJoe said:

[sup][sup]The fact that the most famous and successful player in the history of the franchise is also named Joe (Joe Sakic) is just a coincidence.[/sup][/sup]
Totally honest with you?

I thought it was just a really bad typo of AvgJoe. Average Joe, basically.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
McPulse said:
dkyros said:

Kyle?
And I'm out 10 virtual bucks. I'm virtually broke (that was bad XD)

Jaeriko

May 29, 2010
Well, I found this name in a book of Forgotten Realms short stories. It was the name of a Paladin character and it kind of stuck with me.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Mine (regardless of what everyone assumes) was actually first said when I pwnt a friend on a maths question.

It was this ridiculous long div. question that he kept getting like, a remainder of 4.22222 or something on.

I did it out and was just like "NO REMAINDERS, *****!"

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
AvsJoe said:

Totally honest with you?

I thought it was just a really bad typo of AvgJoe. Average Joe, basically.
Huh. Never thought about that. They are pretty similar, eh? I have used Average Joe as a username before, too.