Your thoughts on 'Love'

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Love is like a drug, You can get totally high and have a great time, or you can have a really bad trip and be devastated.
Some people use it recreationally, other people are addicted and cant live without it.

Altefforr

Feb 23, 2013
Love is like a box of chocolate given to you by someone else. Except, they ate the chocolate. And this upsets you. But the chocolate had poison in it. So you keep the box, which is better than the chocolate; because they gave it to you.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Love is pretty much a strong desire not to be alone combined with less hatred for one person over anyone else, and so a capacity to put up with them for longer..... nah, I'm not quite that cynical yet.... >.>

I'd say that it is more a combination of lust and friendship.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Right, lemme also just quote myself from the other thread.

Vegosiux said:
Love, attraction, affection...such subtle differences between them I suppose. And since the Aratech sniper rifle quote has been used already, I'll say...

Hmmm. Love is seeing beauty in your companion even on a Monday morning when you're both cranky. Love is getting up in the middle of the night to help out when someone needs it, even if you went to bed furious at them. But love is not something that can keep a relationship up and alive all on its own.
Also the Aratech sniper rifle quote has not yet been used here, but I trust someone will come up with it sooner or later.

But that's my current take on what love is.

cerebreturns

Jan 15, 2013
Seagoon said:
Baron von Blitztank said:

Could not resist!

OT: It's not something that can be fully explained, it's just something that you know if you've found it.
The song was entirely necessary. I don't think what people would call 'love' is particulary elusive or mystical. I think it's a perfectly explainable psychological phenomena. Not to say it isn't important or powerful in any way.

Perfectly explainable psychological phenomena hunh? Shouldn't you be radicly changing the field of chemistry and psychology then with your new found awareness that the rest of the world is completely oblivious to?

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
To me love is the highest form of intelligence. The mind can not function correctly without love, that's why during periods of experiencing it people tend to get an increase in passion and willpower. Love is the solvent to the mind's polarity. It helped me realize how massively intelligent and multidimensional the human species really is and that the fact that there is a huge invisible war going on in the world.

I am trying to figure out why is love going away after a while, despite all the bullshit that I hear from people about it being temporary and whatnot. You only think that because a) you heard others say it and started repeating it and b) because of the inhibition that humanity is subjected to.

Love is a frequency that should always be active in a human. Something, however, doesn't allow it to be so. I feel it is the way our society is structured, with this never ending induction of fear and anxiety into us and the cavalcade of distractions we are hit with, not to mention the stuff they put in our food and drinks. Radiation from all over the place being received by our bodies does not help either.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Love is nonsense incarnate. Love is stupid. Love is nothing and everything. It is the ultimate lie and the greatest Truth.

Doesn't that sound cheesy? Love is best without words, I guess.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Whilst love is technically a chemical imbalance that causes nigh similar brain patterns as being clinically insane, the way that the mind and body reacts to this imbalance is very different.

It causes a person to want to be with someone else for long periods of time, channels all their lust at this person and also makes everyone else seem less crappy due to a certain amount of blindness that comes from the chemical imbalance (Also loss of 100% rational though - Crazy in Love)

As to whether or not I've been in love?

Yes, I was around 13 years old (Yeah, yeah, I know you're thinking it's that typical "Teenage love" especially so early into puberty) I came close to someone whom I started off without that whole "Physical attraction" and "Crush" stuff, she was just a friend and after a year or two I ended up falling in love with her, I knew it due to how completely new and amazing the feeling was. Unfortunately her parents had to move away for a job and neither of us wanted a long distance relationship and so I've not seen her since I was 15.

Now at the age of 18, I still have feelings for her but also have never fallen in love since (Even having been infatuated with someone else for a period of 2 years and spending a lot of time with her)

But yeah... Love is a *****, sneaking up on you when you least expect it, giving you no control over whom you fall in love with and kicking the shit out of your emotions if it falls away...

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Love is an extremely dangerous emotion, perhaps the most dangerous emotion of all. If you let it, it will rob you of your reason, your logic, your critical thinking while making you feel absolutely amazing. It will make you do things you'd never do, because it will feel right. And since it feels right, most people will not fight it, only to regret it later.

I got burned once, learned my lesson, and will never let my emotions rule over my rationality again. I'm not saying love should be avoided, just tempered with reason. Just... take a step back once in a while and try to examine what you are doing with unbiased eyes. It can be quite difficult to maintain such perspective, but it proves invaluable in certain situations.

Jenvas1306

May 1, 2012
I love my boyfriend and when he is an idiot, then he is my idiot and when I am a crazy *****, then I am his crazy *****.
Chemicals and stuff sure do their part there, but even logically, our interessts overlap very well, so does our humor and what we expect from a relationship is just the same. If there is a problem, then we solve it, if we ever fight, we just get it clear a little later. We fit together, we want to be together and we love each other. It is like that for the whole two years we are together.

I am happy to have found such a match, but I guess for lots of people less works aswell, like when you just got the right set of genitals and dont hate each other too much.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Love is also a bed of nails. (So many songs I'd like to post but I need to keep this short)

Seriously my thoughts on love are fairly simplistic, love isn't something you bump into, it's something you have to learn and it's something you work on. You don't fall in love you learn to love, etc, etc ,etc.

That said I'm terrible at relationships and such. Current one is steadily disintegrating because of me.

Women are harder for me to deal with than men are though, maybe it's an issue with interests, since it's more difficult for me to find women I find attractive that share my interests than it is to find boys that share my interests.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Love is what all of you feel for me. Do not try to fight it. EMBRACE MY LOVE!

Now go make me a goddamn sammich!

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
'Love' as you humans name it is the flushed quadrant of romance, matespritship. Though I've heard such concepts are difficult for humans to understand.

Silly humans.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I think almost any simple answer is likely to be trite, cynical, or both.

I don't love my daughter the way I love my parents, or my siblings, and while I've loved a few women, that emotion I'd describe as "love" was quite different for each of them.

I suppose if I had to condense it down to one common factor, it would be that their happiness was important for my own, and trying to make them happy was a worthwhile endeavor in and of itself. I care about my friends, but some of their pains and struggles I allow myself a degree of distance from- I know that x is going to be his own worst enemy in trying to form new relationships, y isn't likely to stop drinking until she realizes she needs to for herself, and so on. With the people I love, I can't help but hurt for them even- maybe especially- when I sense that there's nothing I can do for them to make their way easier or that they're going to have to struggle through something themselves.

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
krazykidd said:
Love is something made up by people to explain why they act so irractionally when it comes to another person. I personallt don'T believe in love anymore. I say anymore because i used to when i was young and naive . But Now i think it's bullshit. Love is just an excuse people use .
There's a huge difference between 'loving someone' and 'being in love. Huge difference. And it's a difference that humanity has stupidly decided to ignore. To love someone is to put their needs before yours. It's more than attachment, it's about caring and sacrificing your convenience for the benefit of someone else.
Then there's 'being IN love', which is just that pointless gaga garbage the media loves to over-hype even though it only lasts for about 5 minutes, 6 if you're lucky.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
Fappy said:
Love is what all of you feel for me. Do not try to fight it. EMBRACE MY LOVE!

Now go make me a goddamn sammich!
Fappy? Posting in my thread? I am honoured!

Fappy, of course I love you. Your sammich will be with you shortly. Xxx