2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Company of Heroes
4. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
5. Medieval: Total War
6. Crusader Kings 2
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Grand Theft Auto 4
9. Men of War: Assault Squad
10. Battlefield 2 (w/ Forgotten Hope 2 mod)

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
*Bear in mind, I have not yet played Bioshock Infinite*

1. Portal 2
2. No More Heroes
3. Mass Effect 2 (1&3 as well, but 2 is by far the best in my opinion)
4. Rayman Origins
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. Bioshock
7. Red Dead Redemption
8. Fallout: New Vegas (I think I'm one of 3 people who genuinely liked it more then FO3)
9. Dark Souls
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Honorable mentions: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Super Mario Galaxy, LittleBigPlanet, Dead Rising 2 (I liked it), God of War 3, Skyrim.

Also, I fully acknowledge that No More Heroes 2 was the better game, but I still like the first one more, go figure.

HippySteve

Oct 4, 2012
1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. Metro 2033
5. Far Cry 3
6. Dishonored
7. Civilization 5
8. Fallout: New Vegas
9. X-Com: Enemy Unknown
10. Star Wars: The Old Republic

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
My top 10 games in no particular order:
1. Far Cry 3
2. Tomb Raider
3. GTA 4
3. The Walking Dead
4. Assassin's Creed 2
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Sleeping Dogs
7. Resident Evil 5
8. Burnout Paradise
9. Condemned:Criminal Origins
10.WWE SVR series
[going to update this list once i play Resident Evil 6 and Bioshock Infinite.Also notice the lack of PS3 and Xbox games.I am strictly a PC gamer unless you consider i still play on my PS2]

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
1. Dark Souls
2. Oblivion
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Dragon Age: Origins
5. Catherine
6. Mass Effect
7. Disgaea 4
8. Dragon's Dogma
9. Mass Effect 2
10. Code of Princess
I may be forgetting a couple of games at the moment, but that is an okay list.
(Why yes, I did like Mass Effect 2. The main plot is just a complete mess.)

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Mine are:
Journey
Fallout New Vegas
Saints Row 2
Red Dead Redemption
Fatal Frame 4
Civilization 5
Ni No Kuni
Spec Ops The Line
Portal
Infamous

Kazam24a

Oct 17, 2011
In no particular rank
Crackdown
Batman AA
Batman AC
Mass Effect 2
LA Noire
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Ninja Gadin 2
The New Super Mario Bros (DS)

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
1. Fallout: New Vegas (It just improved on Fallout 3 in every way)
2. Dark Souls (Sadly I haven't played Demon's Souls, the pain of being an Xbro ;-;)
3. Fallout 3 (Hey it's the baseplate for my favorite game of all time)
4. Bioshock 1 (It's better than System Shock 2 in my opinion)
5. Dragon Age: Origins (I love Leliana, so shoot me)
6. Modern Warfare 2 (Best CoD multiplayer out of all of them in my opinion)
7. Dead Space 2 (Action Horror perfected)
8. Skyrim (A monument to my wasted youth)
9. Borderlands 1&2 (Guns! Glorious Guns!)
10. Saints Row 2 (The most fun I have ever had with a game)

Honorable Mentions:
Bulletstorm, Earth Defense Force, Dragon Age 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bastion, Oblivion, Bioshock: Infinite

Hooray!

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
In no specific order:

1. Dark Souls
2. The Witcher 2
3. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
4. BioShock Infinite
5. Spec Ops The Line
6. The Orange Box
7. The Void
8. Thomas Was Alone
9. Metro 2033
10. Team Fortress 2

Trollthean

Apr 18, 2013
Games that I really enjoyed
Mass Effect series (3>1>2)
DXHR
Bioshock Infinite
Dragon Age 2
Tomb Raider
Assassins Creed 2

Overrated games imo:
Witcher 2
Dragon Age Origins
Skyrim
Spec Ops
GTA 4

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The last CONSOLE generation?
Well, I'm going with mostly PC games since I only play the consoles when circumstances permit; I did not want a PS3 or 360.
Also, no Remakes. (sorry 3DS and PSP)

*Unquestionably Good Games

1. Borderlands (1 & 2)
2. Terraria
3. Bioshock 1
4. Deus-Ex: Human Revolution
5. Castle Crashers
6. Orcs Must Die (1&2)
7. FTL: Faster Than Light

*These games only made the list because...well, I recognize their quality, and enjoyed them, but they aren't games I would necessarily want to revisit. I had to STRAIN to make this list. This generation was the worst for me, in all honesty.

8. Metroid Prime 3 (the ONLY Wii game I can recommend as being MUST OWN, for non-ironic reasons)
9. Half Life 2 (well, The Orange Box, really since HL2 came out before this generation)
10. Kid Icarus: Uprising (it might be a "shitty game for twats", but at least Nintendo tried. It's memorable in a strange kind of way. Unfortunately, it also perfectly highlights the crippling weakness of the 3DS's control scheme for games that require a 3D camera.)

*Honorable Mentions:

-Shadow Complex
Would be on the list, but I don't own a 360. Incidentally, that is the ONE AND ONLY GAME on this list that I would want a 360 for, and one game isn't worth it.

-Halo ODST and Halo Reach were the first (and ONLY) games in that franchise that I actually liked.
-Godhand would also be on that list (since it came out in 2006), except it's PS2, and kind of not of the generation in question.

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
It feels like a best of the Decade list more than anything! It's been an amazing Gen and I hope the next one is as long.

No particular order:

Alan Wake
Hitman: Blood Money
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Portal 2
Oblivion
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Crysis
LIMBO
Spec Ops: The Line

Honorable mentions:
Dear Esther
Uncharted 2
Mirror's Edge
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Battlefield Bad Company
GTA4
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360 version)
Zeno Clash
F.E.A.R

purf

Nov 29, 2010
yeah... playing on PC, I have to wonder what "this generation" is you're talking about.
also, I'm in the what's it called? OTHG-camp? so my answer is coming straight from the rocking chair where I am jaded and most games spark a "meh, nice" response - I would have troubles putting together a top10 list. However, off the top of my head, my stand-out titles:

?Minecraft - for brilliantly exploring how a game can be a toy
?The Walking Dead - for brilliantly exploring how a game can be a story
?Trials 2SE/Evolution (Gold Edition) - for you get the idea pure addictive & unadultered fun
?whatever Bethesda is putting out - for being remarkably good in creating immersive worlds (not stories, mind you)
?GTA4 - the best "cinematic" "sandbox" up-to-date (despite its problems)
?Battlefield 3/BC2 - my favourite MP-FPSs so far
?no idea - might edit (Batman Arkham Asylum was really nice, I guess?)
?no idea - might edit (does Half Life 2 belong to this generation!??)
?no idea - might edit (the Assassin's Creed series had a nice... gameplay...)
?no idea - might edit

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Let's see,
Bioshock turned shooters on their heads, and was almost perfect right out of the gate. I can still remember the sounds of picking up liquids, and while it did have it's faults, I've replayed it more than any other game this gen.

Fallout 3 created something of an archetype, in which many wonderful games were based on. While it wasn't....stable, it gave developers a decent frame to focus their stories and adventures. From this model, New Vegas and Skyrim were born, and while I like NV over 3, 3 is what started it all.

Minecraft created quite a stir, and jump started the entire indie community.(Along with Kickstarter, who was also a big part of it)To this day people still play the ever loving crap out of it, and so do I. With simple yet addicting gameplay, there is no way anyone should leave this off their list.

....and I just remembered this is not the top influential games of this generation....fuck.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
The7Sins said:
Pebkio said:
4) Civ 4 - Because I still had that when Civ 5 came out. Civ 5 could probably take it's place.
Civ 4 was technically last generation. It came out October 05. The 360 came out November 05. Thus Civ 4 is one of the last games of the previous generation. Sad as it would have made my list easily if not for this.
Beyond the Sword then, Civ IV was actually pretty bland at launch, I went back to playing III until BTS came out and filled the game out.

in no real order

Civ IV:Beyond the Sword
New Vegas
Minecraft
Bioshock Infinite
Skyrim
Portal
Mass Effect (Can't decide which one).

You would think 7 and a half years would give me enough titles to make the hard part cutting things out, but short of dropping other titles from the same franchises I can't come up with 10. Though I see a number of things I've been considering playing being mentioned...

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Gmans uncle said:
8. Fallout: New Vegas (I think I'm one of 3 people who genuinely liked it more then FO3)
Pretty much all the fans of the first two games seem to have liked it more actually.

HHammond

Jun 28, 2011
Hard.... this was the first generation I was really "aware" about gaming and was vaguely following what was going on. I actually spent a lot of this generation looking back at older games but there have been some fantastic games this year so let's give it a go:

1) Fallout: New Vegas (Faaaaaaaaar better than Fallout 3 - excellent writing, fantastic characters and DLC that was actually worth paying for)
2) Portal 1 and 2 (While Portal 1 is certainly sharper, Portal 2 probably slightly beats it out purely because the expanded story and the character arc of GLaDOS.
3) Mass Effect series (Really important games to me and I've explained why in other threads so I won't repeat it here)
4) Lone Survivor (Love Survival Horror, nice little title)
5) Mirror's Edge (Unique and fun)
6) Dragon Age Origins (Purely for Alistair. The rest of the game? Meh. But I fell in love with Alistair).
7) Today I Die (Love love love. Seriously. It's free. Takes like 5 minutes. Google it. This is technically cheating maybe but oh well)

There you go! That's my 10 (well, 11) games. Special mentions go out to Final Fantasy XIII, The Walking Dead aaaaaaaaaand Slender: The Arrival.

m19

Jun 13, 2012
In no order:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Tomb Raider (2013)
Bulletstorm
Alan Wake
Portal 1/2
The Walking Dead
Battlefield 3 (for multiplayer)
Spec Ops: The Line