Your top 3 games of all time?

Argonian alchemist

Master-level alchemist
May 5, 2011
Now this is a subject I always (for some reason) bring up with my friends. I always ask them what their top 3 games are... I also ask myself that a lot. And I find that a lot of the time I end up changing what I previously thought.

So I just wanted to know... what are your top 3 games of all time? (Any platform/s)

For me it would have to be:

1. Mount and Blade: Warband (PC)

2. The Warriors (PS2)

3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (XBOX 360)

The reason I chose these game we're because they we're the ones I always came back to, always replayed. In my eyes they never get old.

There are soooooo many other games, but at the end of the day... These are my faves.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
1. Tales of Symphonia (GCN)

2. Golden Sun (GBA)

3. Pokemon Crystal (GBC)

Tales of Symphonia is the only game to have made me cry. Golden Sun I have fond memories of. Pokemon Crystal is just awesome.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I could certainly never even begin to choose three games to represent my entire experience with the medium. That said, I'm pretty comfortable saying Team Fortress 2 is on there somewhere. I'm just not sure how it couldn't be. I can ALWAYS play it for an hour or so and have a blast. Always.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
It'd be hard to pick just three, but to be general:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon (series)
Soulcalibur IV

I'm inclined to put Paper Mario in there too, somewhere.

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
Top 3 is too difficult as I couldn't give a game that much over another, there are games I love for nostalgic reasons which if played now don't stand up to my favourites of today. For example I absolutely loved Spyro the dragon as a child along with crash bandicoot 3, however does that really honestly stand up to Bioshock? or GTA san andreas for another example, what an absolute GEM of a game, I'd have to put that there somewhere but then what about modern warfare? or manhunt? or even the red alert series before it got all alien on me. theres just too many games for too many reasons for me to pick something as my top 3, maybe if narrowed down to a certain Genre but I'd always remember a game later and think aaaaah that should be there too!

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
1. Demon's Souls
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
This list will be changing a great deal in the months to come.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
1) Morrowind
2) Shadow of the Colossus
3) Resident Evil (GC)

#3 and onward are constantly changing but 1 and 2 are always the same and in that order.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
1. Oblivion
2. Legend of Mana
3. Bayonetta

The only really parts of my Top 10 that ARE NOT subject to change.

Skyrim has ZERO chance of knocking Oblivion off the top, btw. It can get Number 2, though.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
1. KotOR (PC)

2. Starcraft/Brood War (PC)

3. Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis (GBA) and Ogre Battle 64 (N64). I can't decide between those two.

Honorable mentions go to Pokemon Black/White (DS), NBA Jam (SNES/Genesis), Golden Sun 1(GBA), Halo 3 (Xbox 360), and Legend of Mana (PS1)

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
1. Baldur's Gate II

2. Persona 4

3. Either Bayonetta or Digital Devil Saga. I'm saying "either" because I haven't finished the latter yet, but as long as the plot doesn't make any serious missteps it'll be up there.

I'm very fond of RPGs (from both sides). That doesn't mean I don't like intense combat or shooting, I just don't have that many examples to put in my top 3.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

I love turn-based strategy games and JRPGs.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
1. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
2. Everyrhing Or Nothing (PS2/Xbox)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Xbox 360)