Your Top 5 Favorite Games (with a slight twist)

Liquidprid3

Jan 24, 2014
SNES: Super Mario World
PS2: Battlefront II
Wii/3DS: Monster Huntri Tri (Ultimate)
GameCube: Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Xbox 360: Super Meat Boy

These aren't my favorite games, but it is close to my actual list.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Spyro The Dragon (PS1)
Jak And Daxter (Any from the series) (PS2)
Fable: The Lost Chapters (Xbox)
Mass Effect (Xbox 360)
Rome: Total War (PC)

Good twist, although four of those games are in my top 5 anyways.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Now that is a devilish rule, at least for me anyway. >.>

Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64

Zelda Twilight Princess on the Gamecube

Zelda: Wind Waker HD on Wii U. Hope remakes allow for some loopholes.

Pokemon Black on the DS

Halo 3 on the Xbox 360

BunnyMomiji

Jan 30, 2014
1) Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (NGC)
2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
3) Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
4) The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
5) Pokemon X (3DS)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
....Fuck, the PS2 library is huge.

PS1: Crash 3: Warped
PS3: Bioshock
Nintendo Handhelds: Pokemon Gold
Xbox: KotOR II
PC: Vampire Bloodlines

There, I had to cop out like twice.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Fallout: New Vegas (360)

I had to think a bit on this list. :p

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Dark Souls - PC
Shadow of the Colossus - PS2
Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube
Morrowind - Xbox
BattleTanx Global Assault - N64

Can you tell that I dig depressing games with depressing environments where everything has fallen apart and you have little chance to put the pieces back together? What can I say? I'm a sucker for lost causes.

Of course, looking at other peoples' lists is really making me second guess some of these decisions.

I'll also say that I'm somewhat regretting not putting KOTOR II on the list, because I find Kreia to be one of the most compelling villains in videogames, and one of the only ones I find myself rooting for. However, I can't help but think that the way they tied the KOTORs in with the MMO diminishes them somewhat.

RiseUp

Jan 31, 2014
randomsix said:
Can you tell that I dig depressing games with depressing environments where everything has fallen apart and you have little chance to put the pieces back together? What can I say? I'm a sucker for lost causes.
I know the feeling, that's why I love Majora's Mask so much. Sure it ends well, but everything is so dark and weird throughout, without bowing to the modern game idea that "dark" has to mean washed-out and boring.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Damn, my favorite games are all PS2/N64. Well then...

--Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
--Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
--Journey (PS3)
--Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
--Minecraft (PC)

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus - PSX
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - PS3
The Orange Box - Xbox 360
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Super Nintendo

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Guild Wars: PC
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: Xbox 360
Pokemon X: Nintendo 3DS
Tekken 4: Playstation 2
Any Spyro Game: Playstation
I had about 3 Spyro games on the Playstation I think, can't remember any specific titles but they're mostly what I played on that console.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm going to be a little unfair. If a game was multiplatform and there's no reason to believe the platform I played on was better, then I'll apply it to any of the consoles, likely where it was strongest if that applies. However, I will not split up a series I played on the same console into multiple ones just to fit them all in. I also have to have owned the console in the past.

With that said:

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii): I've said a lot about this game elsewhere. Simply put, it is one of the greatest overall experiences I've ever had with a game, and while it isn't perfect, it does manage to nail what matters and delivers a fantastic experience on multiple levels.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2): Along with being a hallmark of video game storytelling, the gameplay was absolutely fantastic. By far one of the best platformers I've ever played mechanically, only losing out its sequels. However, what it lost to the sequels in terms of gameplay, it way more than made up for it in terms of its beautiful, albeit simple, narrative and storytelling structure.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360): Really, I love the whole series. In retrospect, I probably had a lot more enjoyment with ME3 over the others, though. It simply did the best job of merging solid gameplay (something the first lacked) with a good story and atmosphere (something I felt the second lacked). It might have been very check-list like, but the overall feel and experience was the best, regardless of what happened in the last few minutes.

Civilization V (PC): I love the Civilization series, and it is easily one of my favorites. Among the ones I've played (Civ3, Civ4, and Civ5), I felt Civ5 delivered the best experience, even if it wasn't as deep as Civ4 (but that's not saying much). It fixed most of the major issues I had with the franchise up until that point (minus AI issues) and still retained a lot of what I loved.

Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube): Loved the tropical atmosphere and level design of this game. It's easily the 3D Mario game I've spent the most time with, and it still remains the one I view most fondly.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
What a twist. The toughest of course are PC & PS2...and NES,damn

PC: Unreal Tournament (first game I played online but)What made it really great were the mods that made the characters yell out George Carlin and Pulp Fiction quotes.
PS3: Fallout 3
PS2: San Andreas
Genesis: Phantasy Star 4
NES: Megaman 2

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Mine are:
  • PS1 - Final Fantasy IX (I sunk HOURS into that game!)

PS2 - Timesplitters 3 (Me and Robot Louis Stevenson just had a thing, you know?)

3DS - Bravely Default (I know it's new... but it's exactly what I wanted from a Square JRPG! Hitting it old school with a new experience... Just a shame they had to drop the Final Fantasy name to get attention! *cough* Cynical view. *Cough*)

XBox 360 - Resonance of Fate (look... I like JRPG's ok? I can't help it! I do play other games, and really enjoy them! I am loving GTA V at the mo, and Saints Row IV was great fun... but Resonance of Fate was just the most fun I had with a combat system in a game so far! :))

PC - Neverwinter Nights 2 (I haven't played many PC games, and I don't play online, so this one wins for me... Really my answer should be Little Big Adventure 2, as that is my favourite game to play on the PC, but that is 100% because of nostalgia, and nothing to do with looking objectively at it!)

Kazam24a

Oct 17, 2011
Fav Games of systems I owned with a Star for my top five games
1-Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)*
2-Super Mario Land 2 Six Golden Coins (GB)*
3-Sonic 2 (Genesis)
4-Columns (GameGear)
4-Crash Team Racing (PSOne)*
5-Golden Eye (N64)
6-Gun (Gamecube)
7-Halo (XBox)
8-Mario Vs Donkey Kong (GBA)
9-God of War Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
10-Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox360)*
11-Read Dead Redemption (PS3)*
12-GTA Chinatown Wars (DSi)
13-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
1. Pokémon Gold (Gameboy Color)
2. Mana Khemia (PS2)
3. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube)
5. Fallout: New Vegas (PC)

Fun fact- were the rule not in place, these would all be Pokémon games because I am a slavering fanboy.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Majora's Mask: N64
Kingdom Hearts 2: PS2
Bioshock: Xbox 360
KOTOR: Xbox
Half Life 2: PC

Boom, easy.

LightningFast

Feb 6, 2013
5. Pokemon X & Y (3DS) - Admittedly, LeafGreen's nostalgia beats this one out in terms of the main game, but the tweaks under the hood in X and Y made it one of the best, if not the best overall in the entire series (despite the terrible and forced storyline)
4. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) - Made my younger self laugh uncontrollably
3. Super Smash Brothers Melee (GameCube) - Too many good memories to not give it a spot
2. FarCry 3 (PC) - This is a new addition. I love this game so much for some reason. On another day of the week, it could easily be TF2 or Civ V.
1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - ~I can show you the worrrrrld... stars and coins and adventuuuuuure...!~