Your Top 5 Favorite Games (with a slight twist)

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (PS1)
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
Tony Hawks Underground 2 (PSP)
Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)

DaSpoony

Dec 29, 2011
1. Rayman 2: The Great Escape [PC]
2. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge [Amiga]
3. Super Metroid [SNES]
4. Ratchet & Clank 2 [PS2]
5. Journey [PS3]

Would have liked to slide Half-Life 2 and Planescape: Torment in there, but Rayman 2 has to take the PC position.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Hmmm. I had NES (a Chinese clone, to be precise) and then 5 different PCs. Do they count or I can name only 2 games?

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Shining Force II (Sega Genesis)
Twisted Metal (playstation)
Republic Commando (Xbox)
Battlefield 2 (PC)

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
- Batman Arkham City (PS3)
- Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)
- Super Mario World (SNES)
- River City Ransom (NES)
- Skyrim (PC)

No particular order

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (N64)

This game got me into first person shooters, and was overall one of the most badass games I have ever played in my life. Impressive visuals, visceral gameplay, explorable environments, and creative enemies. The awesomeness of this game gave me such an obsession as a kid, and even as an adult. I've done my best to collect comics, action figures, and whatever I can find based around this series, with Turok 2 easily being my favorite.

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)

An immersive game with a great story, solid gameplay, and Hideo Freaking Kojima. This game seriously perfected everything people have come to love about the MGS franchise, and is easily my favorite and most replayable. Like every MGS before it, this game really knew how to mess with your mind a bit, and give you a level of freedom not seen in even most stealth games today.

The World Ends With You (DS)

My god, that soundtrack. This game oozes style, and had combat that I really felt justified the DS touchscreen. I was probably too excited when I found out the characters were in Kingdom Hearts: 3D. The story is a little simplistic, but I think that's one reason I like it so much.

Crysis (PC)

This was the game that got me into PC gaming. Seeing gorgeous screenshots of a game that I thought would never have been possible on consoles, I decided to use my incredibly limited knowledge of PCs at the time to build my own just to see this game for myself. I'm glad I did. This game still looks gorgeous, and I feel has fantastic FPS gameplay. Story is very weak though, this time not in a charming way.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

I'll admit, I never heard of or played the original Deus Ex until this came out. Playing Deus Ex however made me feel so free. The game technically may not have been open world, but the way this game just opens up many ways to complete your objective makes the game feel more massive than it actually is. I also love the visual style. I was immersed in this game start to finish every time I played it, and I won't complain if I ever have to come back to it again when I've run out of my backlogs (assuming I ever do).

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Aha, this is an easy one, as this doesn't actually affect my tops!

1. Rock Band (Series) - PS3
2. Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - PS2
3. Kirby Superstar - SNES
4. Minecraft - PC
5. Portal - 360

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
1. Super Metroid (SNES)
2. Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA) - Ha!
3. Civilization IV (PC)
4. Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP)
5. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
PC - Mass Effect 2
Damn, the Suicide Mission is my favorite mission from a game ever.

X360 - Batman: Arkham City
Goes without saying in all honesty.

GameCube - Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
I never owned a Dreamcast ok.

PS2 - Peter Jackson's King Kong
Still holds up as one of the finest FPS of the past decade.

PS1 - Rayman 2
Again, don't really need to clarify this one.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Hmm, the twist actually doesn't change my list too much.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
2. Chronotrigger (SNES)
3. Mass Effect 2 (X360)
4. FFX (PS2)
5. Saints Row 2 (PC)

Only two games get kicked off, FF6 and Walking Dead. Since I played Walking Dead on 360,I felt it would be cheating to put it on another platform. Though I sorta cheated with Saints Row two. I played it on 360 first, but bought it for PC and had just as much fun with it (thanks to gentlemen of the row mod). If you made me pick 10 though, there may be problems...

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sega Mega Drive)
Lylat Wars (N64)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Portal 2 (Xbox 360)

Oh God, this was such a hard list. I really wanted to put on Ocarina of Time, Sonic Adventure DX, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Simpsons Hit & Run, Mario Kart DS, Batman Arkham City and Super Smash Bros. Brawl so I guess that they can be my honourable mentions. (I think I have more honourable mentions than I do winners...)

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
In no particular order:

Bioshock (PS3)

Persona 4 (PS2)

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

Pokemon Red (Game Boy)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
1) Portal 2 - PC
2) Half-Life 2 - Playstation 3
3) Minecraft - Mac
4) Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - XBox
5) Shadow of the Colossus - Playstation 2

Funny story about Half-Life 2 and Portal 2; you could switch the systems around for each of them and it wouldn't really matter, because I own both of them on PS3 and PC. Also, while I own Minecraft on PC now, I actually first played it on a Mac. I also own Stranger's Wrath on PS3 now, but I first played it on the XBox. I don't have that Mac or the XBox anymore. It's all slightly complicated.

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
Oh dear. I'm terrible at picking favorites...

SNES: Scooby-Doo Mystery
PC: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. There are tons I could pick and this isn't without its problems, I know, but considering I've put in nearly 350 hours in total...
Gamecube: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
PS2: Silent Hill 2
Xbox 360: Bioshock Infinite. Or Portal or Portal 2. I honestly can't pick.

Of course, this may change even in the next week, because I have a huge backlog of games for the PS2, GC, and PC that I'm working my way thru because I haven't had spare money to get games for them until recently. And also I only had like 6 games for my SNES, and haven't played since my parents gave it to my cousin 13 years ago. So yeah.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Hm, I guess we can be a bit flexible with multi-platform games in this case...

- System Shock 2 (PC) probably doesn't need explaining.
- Rez (Dreamcast) because I have a large fondness for obscure, experimental, and hard-to-describe artsy games that most would just shrug off as being "made on drugs", but whatever, at least it left an impact on me.
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS2, and if this isn't the hardest console to choose a favorite for I don't know what is)
- Super Mario World (SNES) for also having the bonus of being the first video game I'd ever played.
- And... I guess I'll also pick Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1) for probably being the largest part of my childhood and my absolute favorite entry in the series.

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
Earthbound (SNES)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Batman Arkham City(PS3)
Resident Evil 4(Gamecube)
Tekken Tag Tournament(Arcade cabinet)
Super Mario World(SNES)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2(Genesis)

a difficult list actually since most consoles I've played have at least 3 or 4 games that i would consider my favorite, so choosing only 1 per console was a little difficult... like how I chose RE4 on Gamecube.. I almost put Metroid Prime since both of them were so good.. choosing was not easy

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
these are in no particular order

Shenmue (Dreamcast)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

kunymonster

Mar 6, 2012
Mass Effect 2 (360)
Paper Mario TYD (Game Cube)
Fallout 3 (PC)
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)

I may have an RPG bias.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
1. Telltale's Walking Dead (Season 1) - PC
(At this point in my actual list there's about 10 or 20 other PC games)
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations: We Like Colons - DS
3. Pokemon Ruby - GBA
4. Pokemon Blue - GameBoy Colour (Yes, I liked Gen 3 more than 1 or 2. Deal with it.)
5. Shadow of the Colossus - PS2

Even though I own quite a lot of consoles, I still can't get used to playing things with controllers. It just feels unnatural, and I have way better experiences on PC. That's why, apart from my generation-end binge where I'll go gaming overload and play all the console exclusives that interest me, all my non-PC gaming is on handhelds.