Your username and what it says about you.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
If you have a number that means nothing in your username it says about you that you have no creativity whatsoever.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well I like turtles and all other slow animals. My motto in life is pretty much relax and let the problems work themselves out.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Keepeas - the first online name I made from myself as a child, likely the combination of 'keep' and 'peas'
If the username Keepeas pops up, you can bet it's me.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Betancore is the name of one of my favourite characters in the 40k universe. I doubt anyone really remembers him, but I thought he was pretty badass. I don't know what it says about me; I just liked it as a name, and I liked the character. It also seemed less obvious than 'Eisenhorn.' Heh.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
It's what I just always use for usernames now, or at least similar. I was looking at a friends Ork army and it just popped into my head.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sir Bob said:
If you have a number that means nothing in your username it says about you that you have no creativity whatsoever.
I disagree. I could have just made my name 'Redlin'. The 5 was a perfectly voluntary decision and without it, the name wouldn't be the same for me. 5 means 5. The number itself does have some importance with me but nothing particularly striking. It's just a number that I like.

And if you're going to accuse me of having no creativity whatsoever, you don't know me.

enersha

Apr 8, 2010
When I was around 10 years old, while playing FF9 for the first time, my friend asked me what Inertia was so I sang him a song:
"Oh Inertia, some people call you Joe. Oh Inertia, you are a violent hoe!"
A little while later I needed a Starcraft user name. I recalled the incident, and being 10, I didn't know how to spell Inertia so I guess. And the name just stuck, I use it for everything because its never taken.
LOL
if you see any enershas walking around the interwebs and it isnt me ill eat my hat

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
As with my passwords, my usernames tend to be rather random. I like them that way.

I strongly oppose numbers in user names. Numbers tend to be either too personal or they make any person, sane or not, look like an inmate of sorts.

Sometimes I think I am overdoing the random bit of making up a name. Especially when the captcha comes up in languages I cannot even read.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Wilco comes from Roger Wilco, the protagonist of the Space Quest series. I was born in '86 and that's also the release year of Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter - probably the first or second game I played as a kid with my humble 386.

Good times...

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I picked mine 'cause it is the name of a character in Berserk and the name of a barbarian king.

Also I have no idea what it says about me.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I originally meant mine as a sort of imitation to the bosses from Zelda: Twilight Princess: Each boss has the title "Twilit (enter species here) (enter name here)", so I turned it into Twilit Wolf Amaterasu. It also has a bit of irony because Amaterasu is the Japanese god of the sun - the main protagonist of one of my other favourite video games, Okami.

In short, my username doesn't mean I'm obsessed with Twilight, wolves, or anime. :)

AperioContra

Aug 4, 2011
Aperio Contra, Latin meaning: "Counter Opening."

From this we can extrapolate that I'm either a very pretentious arguer or that I'm a cupboard door.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
I read and write fanfiction and warper is both my pen name for my writing (though it's been a while), and is I feel the essence of fanfiction writing (warping, but warper sounded better for a name).