Your username and what it says about you.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
Mausthemighty said:
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
Kawakami Gensai was an 19th Century Samurai who served as an assassin known as "Hitokiri" for the Ishin Shishi. He was known to be feminine in appearance and often mistaken as a woman. Ive trained in Japanese martial arts since i was little, and being a woman, someone made the connection and ive been called Gensai ever since.
Was that the real-life person Kenshin Himura was based on?
Yes, Himura Kenshin was based on Kawakami Gensai. There was of course some differences and so on, Gensai's life is somewhat murky and its hard to tell a lot of things about his life. His sword style is supposedly Shiranui or Furanui Kenjutsu, but there is little information available so it may be a fiction invented sometime since his death in 1871.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Intresting story actually, one day i was walking alond being awesome and all, and then the Gods themselves gave me a message, and dubbed me 'Sizzle Montyjing'.
Either that or i got it from a sketch i like and have decided to use it ever since!

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Mines kind of obvious, it comes from my 360 account which was changed to that name after a friend suggested it would be a good name for me considering i'm very good with a sniper and it's practically all i use (unless i feel like rampaging or it's close quarters).

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
From Shalashaska, also called Revolver Ocelot.
My best friend always corrupted it, saying Chalacachaca instead of Shalashaska.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Mine is just a shortening of Night of the Living Dead, big fan of the movie and the title itself felt to long, I've been using it for a long while since it was my username in a net cafe back in middle school. Now its usually been shortened to Dead_N a reworking of N_of_the_dead

okamii-sama

Sep 5, 2011
well okami was the first wii game i played ^^; thoughtit has double ii to fit in with the japanese spelling of wolf as apparently my inner animal is a wolf XD plus i love them.
the sama is a japanese honorific and seeing as okami is baised on the goddess amatarasu i thought it would be apropriate ^^

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Riddle78 said:
With a capitol. ALWAYS A CAPITOL. PROPER GRAMMAR.
I'm laughing my arse off at the irony of that statement :)

DAF are my initials, F is my surname initial, it kinda worked itself out.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
My name on XBLA is Jack Pumpkinhed (misspelled because of the character limit) and contrary to popular belief, it is NOT from Nightmare Before Christmas. That would be Jack Skellington.

Jack Pumpkinhead is from the Wizard of Oz book series (he also appeared in Return to Oz the film) and it was an ode to my Mother because she collects Oz books and it's her favorite movie.

My current username: WeAreStevo is because my name is Steve and I love Devo. It's a play off their album "Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!"

I've also used "Tenacious Steve" but not as much.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I'm an idiot and I can't think of anything better.

I really think it's a really stupid name (I made it up because it's a phrase that wouldn't leave my head), but I use it in so many games and such that I don't have the heart to change it.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Sir Bob said:
I disagree. I could have just made my name 'Redlin'. The 5 was a perfectly voluntary decision and without it, the name wouldn't be the same for me. 5 means 5. The number itself does have some importance with me but nothing particularly striking. It's just a number that I like.

And if you're going to accuse me of having no creativity whatsoever, you don't know me.
Correct, I indeed do not know you. My comment was more aimed towards the Mastercheif12345's or those who add their year of birth / age though, rather than people who put thought into their id's.

Yes, if you copy a pop culture reference as nickname, do at least pick something that hasn't been picked by 12 others, don't turn yourself into nr #13.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
My first serious mmo character, an elementalist on Guild Wars.
Then I looked back a few years later and though, damn, thats a cool name.
Now all my mains are Don Savik, Savik, Mr.Savik, or Don _______
And I wish my name was Don Savik :(

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Um... that I like The Killers and want to be a little unique, I guess (I invented the word 'SirBryghtside').
Kwaku Avoke said:
My user name is my name but I meant for it to be NotSoLoneWanderer because I like fallout 3 and I'm 99.9% of the time playing with a companion, Dogmeat, and Sydney. Same for New Vegas except different companions of course.
You can edit it on your profile ;)
Why thank you my friend

theLadyBugg

May 24, 2010
It's my "married name" -- meaning I adapted my significant other's gamertag/forum handle when we decided to stay together 'til death.

See, his real surname is kind of...ridiculous, not to mention bad luck. So instead of changing my legal name, I traded in crispyXbow to become theLadyBugg.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
It says I like games.

And it also says I like my user names to be easy to remember and with the escapist being a gaming site, they just go hand in hand.

FaustianBargain

Jan 18, 2011
I just picked this name a long time ago because it seemed cool (and I use it for everything even slightly game related), but one day someone I was playing with commented on how our relationship with the internet and technology is a faustian bargain so now I can pretend I'm all philosophical-like.

Plus faustianbargain is almost never taken, though it does hit character limits.