Your video game hot take(s) thread

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
So it's the same jump, but the game is just trying to psych you out. The squares that aren't missing are pretty much in the same position as they were with the squares underneath them in 8-1.
See, I *know* that, but I cannot believe it

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Fairly massive Guilty Gear Strive Bridget spoilers:
As of Strive, Bridget has realized she's trans

Gonna be an interesting time. Because they know their audience, ArcSys had her turn directly into the camera and state that she's a girl with zero ambiguity

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fairly massive Guilty Gear Strive Bridget spoilers:
As of Strive, Bridget has realized she's trans

Gonna be an interesting time. Because they know their audience, ArcSys had her turn directly into the camera and state that she's a girl with zero ambiguity
I kind of get why you put this in the hot takes, but a majority of fans are reacting positively from what I've seen on YouTube comments. Mainly on gameplay videos or reactions to her arcade mode story.

The worst Double Dragon games are almost any iteration of III, but the NES version takes the cake. Technically, the GB version is the worst, but at least you get multiple lives. The best of version of DD II is the Turbografx-16/PC Engine version.

Raiden V is a good game, and while give credit for trying with a story, it's so forgettable and in the background, that I really wish they did not even bother. Speaking of SHMUPs, Radiant Silvergun is way too difficult. I praise the story and what Treasure did in making a dark storyline, but good luck seeing it without skill or unlimited continues.

I never cared much for Mega Man: Battle Network series. I did enjoy the anime.

Not gonna lie, Sega Genesis Mini 2 (US version) looks really underwhelming, and I am almost losing interest. I am waiting for the rest of the list. If they put Final Fight CD on there like Japanese version of the Mini, I am not bothering with it and rather stick with what I already own.