Your wallet is not prepared! Steam Autumn Sale 2014 is IMMINENT!

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
The Steam Autumn Sale will begin November 26th at 10AM Pacific Time

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Steam-Autumn-Sale-2014-Dates-Leaked-68559.html

Well there's not much to do now but hope we can survive to December with enough money to pay the rent.

What games are you hoping to see go on sale and snag up for your digital collection?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly, I won't be taking an active part in this sale. My PC upgrades aren't needed, but I want off my shitty AMD CPU and onto a high end i5.

I'll probably pick up something though, I can't resist buying games if they're around a quid. It's why I own Nosgoth and haven't played it yet. XD

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I'll probably pick up a few things here and there. Most likely either older games or some of the numerous indie games without high-end graphics that can actually run on my laptop.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Ha! You losers and your PC Master Race Steam Sales!

I'm going to be over here with my console and not-on-sale games and have lots of money!!! I'll be bored with no games to play but I'll just swim in my piles of money!!! Wha ha haaaaa!!!

...also, I hope XCOM is going to be on sale. My computer begins to smoke when I try to play Starcraft but I really really really really want to try that "Long War" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.865831-Who-has-fought-the-Long-War-XCOM] mod. I'm not willing to gamble $40 to see if XCOM will work on my computer but drop that down to $10 or so and I'll throw that money on the table and see if I hit payday.

EDIT: Well fudgey. Turns out my POS computer can't handle the truth XCOM. I'm glad I was able to see that "Demo" option on Steam before I actually bought it but alas, now I'm gunshy about buying even the weakest of games (like "Papers, Please" or "Xenonauts"; both on my list) since I don't know what my computer can and can't handle :,(

Well...at least I still have all my money. So....yah?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
How's your spited face doing without a nose there, Mr Tippy?

I'll keep an eye on this one but my diddly-hole has been unravaged by about the last year's worth of sales on Steam, GOG and Humble Bundle alike; it'd be nice to try and keep that streak going. Either that or I'll decide it has been long enough and I'm due a big spunky blow-out on more shit I'll probably never get round to playing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
So basically, prepare to buy one or two games using the same mark-up mark-down trick retailers used for decades.

Ummmm...Okay?

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
So basically, prepare to buy one or two games using the same mark-up mark-down trick retailers used for decades.

Ummmm...Okay?
I see you've never had Steam Sickness o fortunate one.

In lesser news, Origin also has begun their Early Black Friday sales...

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
I'm just going to keep checking my wishlist. My wishlist has 2 games on it: Civ Beyond Earth, and Renegade Ops because somebody told me it was like a modern Firepower 2000.

Lilikins

Jan 16, 2014
have..17 games on my wishlist..... god save my soul.

This year though...I swear...I wont buy crap I dont need. (though I have been very good with my backlog..beating them one at a time etc.)

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Rayce Archer said:
I'm just going to keep checking my wishlist. My wishlist has 2 games on it: Civ Beyond Earth, and Renegade Ops because somebody told me it was like a modern Firepower 2000.
My Wishlist has 316 items on it because I want to play too damn many games :(

At least I bothered to rank the top 30, and am only going to go for those... hopefully!

#277 is on sale 90% off? SOLD!

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
I'm gonna hope to get Ultra Street Fighter, Sonic Gen, KOF13, Strider, Pier Solar, Rocket Knight, Ys games and a Pony!

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Hmm so is the Wolf Among us game the full thing or is it just for the last Episode and is it worth buying? I've been curious about these telltale games Episodic things for awhile and this might be a decent chance to check one out.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Spacewolf said:
Hmm so is the Wolf Among us game the full thing or is it just for the last Episode and is it worth buying? I've been curious about these telltale games Episodic things for awhile and this might be a decent chance to check one out.
It should be the entire thing. It was when I picked it up in the summer sale. As for worth it? Can't really say, I did enjoy it for the most part, took 9 hours according to steam. Only you can say if that's worth the asking price, whatever that is with the sale.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh, Age of Mythology Extended Edition is on sale!

Can someone tell me: does the extended edition have separate servers for multiplayer or something? Are many people playing it online nowadays?

Malkav

Jan 17, 2012
Good thing I won't have time whatsoever to play a single one of these games at least until the end of next february. You save a lot of money when you don't have hobbies.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Defense Grid is 50% off...this is the most tempting game purchase to consider for now.

REALLY interested in The Evil Within but the sale is misleading when you consider the season pass is still full price. Great price for the base game but I'd rather wait on a better full package deal next year.

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
Silvanus said:
Ooh, Age of Mythology Extended Edition is on sale!

Can someone tell me: does the extended edition have separate servers for multiplayer or something? Are many people playing it online nowadays?
You play it over Steam, like AOE2 HD. I can't speak to its stability or player base, though.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Oop, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, both the fancy packs, £30.

Nice compromise between affording it and wanting to support Amplitude.

Should be enough for this year :D