Your wallet is not prepared! Steam Autumn Sale 2014 is IMMINENT!

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Looks like I'll probably end up getting Bastion, The Wolf Among us and Dragon Commander then.

Anyone seen anything interesting then, seems that the Geneforge games are all marked down pretty heavily, Legendary is also under a £ which I remember correctly was a game famous for crapping all over an interesting idea.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Seems like they are kinda cutting it close. Their Winter Sale usually takes place at around the end of December.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Lilikins said:
have..17 games on my wishlist..... god save my soul.

This year though...I swear...I wont buy crap I dont need. (though I have been very good with my backlog..beating them one at a time etc.)
I have 37 on mine!

Although I put games on my wishlist if I'm interested in them at all and only really intend to buy dark souls 2 and maybe divinity: DC in the near future.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
Nothing that really interests me so far. Beyond Earth only 30% off, nothing on my wishlist on sale except Xenonauts, and I'll wait until Winter Sale to see if that goes on sale. There's Age of Mythology on sale but that'll just be on sale a month from now anyways. There's also no gimmick for goodies, so I might be better off waiting until next sale anyways.
Beyond Earth was on for 55% for a few minutes, but seems to have gone back to 30% - must have been a glitch or mistake or something. I'm a little pissed off I missed it, by the time I'd got to the payments screen it was back at 30% off!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hm...well the only 2 or 3 games I'd really want are Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Five Nights at Freddy's, and Five Nights a Freddy's 2...yeah looks like this sale won't affect me at all seeing as those games are already very cheap.
I have all the PC games I want, so tell me when GOG or Steam manage to get the old 90's Lego games and then I'll spend money.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I don't really see anything interesting on there that I'd want this year, that and I'm planning on getting Xmas shopping out the way sooner than later and throw some new parts together and buy a Wii U so Steam isn't getting any dosh from me this sale or Xmas.

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
Honestly I don't see much worth buying. Transistor maybe, but that's it.

This is what happens once you have most of the games you want.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
There's a few games on my wishlist I will keep an eye out for but honestly with the Steam sales happening more often, and with daily deals being a thing we're really starting to see the same things being drug out and slapped onto the front page over and over. Also still don't like Early Access games being featured.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
My body is prepared, my wallet is prepared, the dead Russians and hookers in my backyard re prepared. OOps, i said too much. Now ...

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
I did pretty good I think. I picked up the following:

Jade Empire
Darksiders (already have the sequel, want to play original first)
Don't Starve + DLC
Mass Effect Collection (1+2)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition
Hammerwatch
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Freedom Planet
Legacy of Kain Collection

all for 53.85 USD

13 games for less than the price of a new AAA game. Yay!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Three games so far, all for less than ten dollars. E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, and The Stanley Parable. I may pick up Goat Simulator before the day is done. I'm not really sure yet.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
So, Beyond Earth, preordering was £30 (presented as "Save £10! What a deal!"), buying at launch was £40 - because that's apparently a reasonable amount to pay for a digital game. (For those who under British Money, that's about 20 beersworth, which is how I think I'll measure all currency from now on...)

Now, just after it's been out for a month, it's not only dropped in price by £10, but it's also discounted another £9. Meaning it is literally only a scant halfpint off being half it's release price. One pithy month after it was released.

(Not that I'm bitter or anything, it's just... well, look, I've been pretty busy this last month, and well... I just haven't really found much time to play it...)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that maybe if everyone didn't empty their wallets every time Valve even whispers the word sale that they might actually make Half Life 3? Yes? Okay, I'll just go back to my console games and be quiet then.

Silvershock

Jul 12, 2013
Has anyone else noticed the infinite-scrolling homepage? It just scrolls discounts....forever...

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Wow, Lords of the Fallen is 40% off? Didn't that game come out only a couple of weeks ago? Just goes to show you that Steam doesn't get beat when it comes to prices on their sales.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Ive been keeping an eye on them but so far not that impressed although there is some good deals and some not so good deals havent seen anything I have wanted yet regardless at least not at a price I am willing to pay.

Ragnoon

Aug 9, 2014
Here in Australia it has already begun, I have already fallen victim. Why must they be so cheap?!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
And...the games I wanted went on sale for decent prices.
So now I have the only games I cared about for this sale, so I'm done now. Now I wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD. :3