Your wallet is not prepared! Steam Autumn Sale 2014 is IMMINENT!

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Steam currently boasting 5666 titles on sale... honestly you've got to be really picky or have one helluva collection already to not find something on here that tickles the hairs on the back of your wallet.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Is it wrong that there's very little that's on sale that I want? I mean, a few things that I'd like (Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and some Europa Universalis 4 Expansion packs, specifically), but most of the games currently on sale are not interesting to me.

Regardless, I shan't be participating in the Sale this year anyways. Money is tight for me right now, and I'm saving up for Christmas, so I shall not be buying anything yet.

Plus, I really do gotta finish Five Nights at Freddy's 1 before I buy the prequel...

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Autumn sale? Madness!'Tis winter now, ye merry fools! Probably won't be buying anything anyway, because of Smash and Pokemon.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Unfortunately a lot of the games I really want (Unity, Far Cry, and Lords of the Fallen) are buggy messes with only a small chance of actually being patched to a degree where spending money on them is less of a gamble than rolling a pair of dice and hoping for an even number. I did finally pick up The Stanley Parable and Five Nights at Freddy's though. $7 later I'm feeling pretty good.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
clippen05 said:
Wow, Lords of the Fallen is 40% off? Didn't that game come out only a couple of weeks ago? Just goes to show you that Steam doesn't get beat when it comes to prices on their sales.
See my above post. Lords of the Fallen is a crap shoot right now. A large portion of the community are still having tons of crashes or can't even launch the game. The developers had to drop the price because the PC version isn't selling because tons of people who didn't preorder the game stayed away from it (including myself). If the general mood of the forums switched over from hostile and frustrated to content I'd slap down the cash but as of now... no way.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
babinro said:
Defense Grid is 50% off...this is the most tempting game purchase to consider for now.

REALLY interested in The Evil Within but the sale is misleading when you consider the season pass is still full price. Great price for the base game but I'd rather wait on a better full package deal next year.
Don't buy the PC version of The Evil Within.

While it does run at 60 FPS and you can get rid of letter-boxing, which one would think makes the PC version superior, it crashes like crazy. No, seriously, it crashes ALL THE TIME. To reduce the number of crashes they recommend locking the frame rate to 30 and using letter-boxing, but even then the PC port crashes more often than the console versions. It's a terrible port and absolutely not worth the money, even on sale.

I was watching the Two Best Friends lets play of this game, and they started out on PC and ended up having to switch over to play on the PS4 because they were having back to back crashes in certain rooms and they couldn't fix it. Their lets play episodes are about 30 minutes long and they had a crash in about half of them before they switched over to the PS4, so I'd say expect crashes pretty much hourly if you get the PC version.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I'm having a hard time thinking of a game worth buying at any price...i'll stick to playing all my mates games offline instead ^_^

captcha: red handed...

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
President Bagel said:
Painkiller: Black
And Painkiller HD is 7.99. I was already planning on getting Castlevania LoS 2 (currently 9.99) and maybe Farcry 3 (17.99) but you just reminded me of a game I've held off getting for a long time! Bah, no cashmoneys until Friday - getting Inquisition then.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Oh god. I was sort of joking with my first post about blowing so much money but after seeing Evil Within drop fro $59.99 to $20.49 ....
babinro said:
REALLY interested in The Evil Within but the sale is misleading when you consider the season pass is still full price. Great price for the base game but I'd rather wait on a better full package deal next year.
Would not buy the Evil Within from steam, greenmangaming has it for 16.32 with coupon code.
Edit: 14.96 on their VIP page.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Been checking my Wishlist daily for a while now with no changes.

I check it today and all but one of the games on there are on sale. My wallet is trembling in fear at the coming bad decisions and impulse buying. I can feel the regret already creeping into my mind before I have even started buying anything.

That said the best discount is 66% off so im tempted to just wait for the Christmas sale and see if I can get better.

EDIT: DAMN! I really want to get Lords of the fallen, it's on sale after just coming out recently, the only thing stopping me is the fact I've heard it's kinda buggy on PC and that Dragon commander is 66% off!

Arg, Steam sales are so bad for my wallet.

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
Got Stanley Parable for 3,50 and BFBC2 for 2,50. I already sank 500-800 hrs into BC2 on X360, but for 2,50 it's a steal and it'll help me hold off on buying BF4! That's about all for now!

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Dirty Hipsters said:
babinro said:
Defense Grid is 50% off...this is the most tempting game purchase to consider for now.

Don't buy the PC version of The Evil Within.

While it does run at 60 FPS and you can get rid of letter-boxing, which one would think makes the PC version superior, it crashes like crazy. No, seriously, it crashes ALL THE TIME. To reduce the number of crashes they recommend locking the frame rate to 30 and using letter-boxing, but even then the PC port crashes more often than the console versions. It's a terrible port and absolutely not worth the money, even on sale.

I was watching the Two Best Friends lets play of this game, and they started out on PC and ended up having to switch over to play on the PS4 because they were having back to back crashes in certain rooms and they couldn't fix it. Their lets play episodes are about 30 minutes long and they had a crash in about half of them before they switched over to the PS4, so I'd say expect crashes pretty much hourly if you get the PC version.
Oh I had no idea. I literally don't know anything about that game; didn't expect their to be any dubious origins surrounding it. Well that is a bit disappointing really. Still some pretty great sales with less controversy, but that kinda shattered my perception of the sale a little.