Your weapon in the zombie apocalypse. (with a twist)

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
If it has to be directly to my left, I have a solid body guitar and a 6-foot length of chain. If left is only a general direction, I have a second length of chain, a claymore, a whip and another guitar that I will definitely not use to fight zombies. I'm reasonably happy with both of these situations.

Surreysmith

Aug 27, 2008
A load of chargers with heavy plugs on the end, I guess I could tie them together and swing them, but I don't know how effective that would be.
If only I was sitting next to Chuck Norris.

Rasputin-2

Jan 18, 2010
A styrofoam cup of Dr Pepper, a mini calculator, a box of paper clips and a metal ruler.

Yep I am screwed.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
A cadet force beret, a phone and an empty water bottle. I guess I could dress up as Bill from L4D and make the zombies wet themselves in fear, and then call a helicopter to get me out. The water bottle can fend off the zombies until the chopper arrives - good ol' Left 4 Dead style.

Micky_PX

Aug 10, 2010
I have a glass of water, several candle-holder trays and a mirror to my left... well I can break the glass and use it as a stabbing weapon, and use the candle-holders as blunt objects (they look sturdy enough to endure being thwacked over a couple of zombie heads) and use the mirror to play with my hair, before swinging it around as another blunt weapon or using it as a sort of shield. They're not my first choice weapons but I suppose they could get me through one or two zombies before their natural flimsiness renders them useless.

TenSecondHero

Jul 19, 2010
A Force FX Darth Vader lightsaber and my router...

It's pretty durable, but I'm not sure I could do any real damage with it... I guess I could tie the router's power cable to the lightsaber handle and use it as an improvised flail... Either that or I could use it to strangle the person with the claymores... >_<

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I don't know what's more disturbing... the number of people that have legitimate weapons near their computers, or the number of people that have legitimate weapons to the LEFT of their computers...

As for me, I have nothing to my left except a couple of pens and a bottle of juice.

But I wanted to be a zombie anyways.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Hmh. Strangely appropriate. My 850? custom ordered, battle-ready bastard sword. No, it's not some stainless steel wallhanger piece of crap. Yes, it is made by a professional bladesmith from eastern Europe. Yes, I know how to use it. Yes, I do have a sharpened weapon next to my monitor within an arm's reach. As to why, well...
The right side would have probably been even better, because that's my nicest warhammer. Behind me on the wall are my pollaxe and an assortment of the shorter hafted weapons. And in this room I also have three other swords (the long ones, I also have two short ones), my impact weapons and one heavy crossbow (sadly cracked a bit from a case of bad luck and a hard rock).
The spears are downstairs since there's no room here for them. Also my Dane axe. My daggers are a bit all over the place, wherever I think a dagger stand could cheer the place up. The best one is actually handing over my bed.
Yeah, my interior decoration could be described as "Do not leave children unsupervised", seeing the combined value of my steel outweights pretty much every furniture in my house by a long shot.

Somehow, I don't think listing every other gewgaw on my desk is important. Also, I'd like to think I'd be better off equipment-wise than most here (considering that in this country owning a firearm of any kind requires a license and nobody I know of around here has one). And considering I live in the countryside and can count my neighbors with one hand (even one that's been maimed with an axe and has less than half the fingers left), I wouldn't likely immidiately get mobbed by the undead hordes.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
I got my DSi and a half read copy of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Best bet: run like hell and use my DSi and book to occupy my time while I wait for help.

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
a broken bit of wooden board although if you had said the other direction it would be a craft knife so either way i think i do pretty well

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
A bowie knife, a pipe, Skullcandy headphones, and curtains.

Soooo . . . I have to entrap them in curtains, blind them with tobacco smoke, and stab them to death while jamming out? Could be worse, I guess.