Your worst Oh Shit, RUN! moment...

General Lee

Feb 20, 2010
turning a corner on l4d2 on Expert diffuculty just to see a tank staring at you in the faceis my most recent one and probably the worst.

ElvisWolf

Dec 8, 2009
Nobody mentioned running into the T-Rex in the first Tomb Raider game? That was a gaming milestone for me...

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
OoT: Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple. *shudders*

Fallout 3: Getting sneaked upon by giant radscorpions.

HL1: Gargantuas.

HL2: Poison headcrabs, freaky bastards.

FFXII: Elementals and Entites. Thank God they're slow as hell.

FFXIII: Those damned Aerocycles. Take a lot of punishment and dish out the same.

Armored Core: For Answer: Damned last Orca mission. Two highranking NEXTs in a closed environment. One more on Hard.

Doomsday11

Apr 15, 2010
Oblivion I just finished a mission for the shady dark brotherhood(It involved the killing of an entire household and made me love oblivion all over again)and was having a night out on the town when out of no where 5 guards came out (3 swords and 2 bows) apparentlt when I had been looking I had stolen and bunch of food drink and alchemy stuff so I ran down an ally and one of the begger women came towards me expecting a conversation I killed her which made the guards angrier so when I ran out side the city(it was the imperial city)I stole a horse and ran straight in to the lake(not a smart move)when I got out I relised there where no less then 12 guards now and to top it of a wolf

Chardan

Dec 5, 2009
First Time I saw a Yao-Gui in Fallout 3. I had never seen them before and I was looking for the alien power cells in the dark wih Dogmeat. I had just got the last cells and I turned around to see the bear about 2 inches from my characters face. I think it may have spawned at that moment as Dogmeat hadn't detected it yet, and it hadn't attacked me. I flung the contoller at the floor shouting NO, NO I WONT PLAY THIS ANYMORE!'

...needless to say i kept playing, and ran across my first Deathclaw near a caravan, while running from my second Yao-Gui....i love that game though.

UglyShirts

Feb 4, 2010
Resident Evil has had a lot of these for me. When the first Licker drops from the bleeding ceiling in 2, Every time the Nemesis grumbled "StAAaaaAAaarsss..." in Nemesis, even the first time the two Cerberus crashed through the windows in the first game was an "Oh, shit...SHIT!!!" sort of a moment.

Then, of course, when 4 came around, Dr. Salvador showed up. I've never talked to anyone who didn't initially stand their ground and try to drop his ass with a few shots to the burlap, only to wind up with slightly less head than a beer that's been sitting out for an hour. After that, I didn't even need to SEE him. If I HEARD the chainsaw, I ran like a little girl.

Vorocano

Jan 8, 2009
I have a couple of "Oh shit run!" moments and a couple of "Oh shit kill it kill it kill it" moments.

First, the "Oh shit run!"
1) I dunno if anyone around here played the "Wheel of Time" game that came out in 1999 or somesuch, but it was a FPS, and part of the game was traveling between the different parts of the world on "The Ways," which were these passageways that had been tainted by corrupt magic (for those of you who haven't read the books, Dr. Wik I. Pedia to the rescue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machin_Shin#The_Corruption_of_the_Ways ). In the Ways is the Black Wind, which chases people down and drives them mad/kills them. In the game, if you took too long getting to the next portal, or went too far down the wrong path, the Black Wind (modeled as a wall of moaning and screaming faces) would track you down. First time I found out about this, I'm wandering around and I hit the dead end of a series of passages. "Oh, cool, they're using the Black Wind as an edge of level marker. Wait, is it moving? Oh shit that wall's coming after me. Shit shit shit run run run for the love of all that's holy where's the portal?"

2) Diablo 2, first time I encountered a boss of any notability (Blood Raven - I was a mage): "Wow is that all the damage my spell did? This will be a long fight. Shit, she's fast. And all those zombies! Run away!"

Vorocano

Jan 8, 2009
Then the "Oh shit kill it kill it kill it", both of which are courtesy of Alien vs Predator 2 (1999) - Marine campaign:
1) I saw Alien2, I know that when your motion detector blips, it means aliens. So having the motion of opening doors trigger your motion detector was a truly inspired move. First time I opened a door with the motion detector on, I thought, "Jeez there's two aliens right on the other side of the door!" And wasted a full clip of ammo before I realized that the door had set the detector off.

2) The game is called Alien vs Predator, so if you're the marine you just know there's going to be aliens and Predators. Knowing that, the designers made the marine campaign so that you're quite a ways into it before you actually see an alien. But your motion detector goes off every once in a while, and with the music and pacing you're really on edge, just waiting for your first alien encounter. So I'm playing the game, late in the evening, alone in the house. I get to a control room where I need to push the button and open the gate. I do so, and head out of the room. At the last minute, I decide to turn around to see if there's ammo in the room, only to find an alien about three inches from my face. I scream like a little girl and proceed to pump about a clip and a half of smartgun ammo into the sucker. That was the day I realized that your motion detector doesn't do any good for stuff standing behind you.

Kaitluuuh

Sep 25, 2009
madcap2112 said:
Any time I hear the Tank's music in Left 4 Dead.
Oh yes, I second that. I'm a bit of a spaz in fps games, so the addition of roaming witches in Left 4 Dead 2 provides many "Holy Poop" moments for me!

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Rath709 said:

I have emptied entire goddamned clips into them just to make sure they are 100% dead. The mere sound of them has me running.
Fuckin' poison headhumpers... -shudder-
This will sound weak, but, whenever I encounter a Mole Rat/any other small fast creature in Fallout 3, I spaz out. These encounters have me tapping the "V" key every two seconds.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Fallout 3, I was level 2 and roaming the wastes in a rocky area (where there are small valleys between the huge rocks, North of Tenpenny tower) in broad daylight . A distance away I see some mole rats running out of a side valley into the one I was in. I take a few down and am about to shoot the last one manually cause I ran out of Action Points. Suddenly a huge black thing leaps out of nowhere, one shots the mole rat and sending it flying into a wall. It was my first experience with Deathclaws, I died. Never went back there again.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Startling a Witch. The first time I did it, I thought it was going after my friend, before I saw it running toward me.

That and seeing a Charger on a building that will kill you if you step off.

Tetrapus

Apr 24, 2009
Well it all started when a couple of my friends and I decided to go have a party at my friend's girlfriend's house because her and her family were out of town. So we grabbed some alcohol and a couple boxes of donuts from Timmy Ho's and set on out. So we get to the house, and notice that one of the cars was still in the driveway. We sit in the bushes across the street and dial the house a couple times, but theres no answer, so we move on up to the front door and my friend decides to ring the doorbell. We notice a light come on upstairs so we throw the donuts and book it down the street. A couple days later when the girlfriend came back into town we asked her what happened and she said that her dad arrived home early from his trip and we actually scared the **** out of him, as he thought he was being robbed.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
Bad Company 2, when my entire team which was consquently 5 people (we were in a party) and the enemy kept bombing the house. I was shamefully green at the time and was doing the recon thing. All I hear is a bunch of yelling coming from everyone else and I unscope to see that they are all outside which would've been crazy unless . . . the house was no longer safe so I throw C4 to make a hole and get out just as the house comes down. I was told afterwards that it turned out that we only had as respwans as squad members at the time.

Massecurr

Apr 14, 2009
Killing floor
The Patriarch...on suicidal...armed with nothing but a chainsaw and the pistol...on single player

Doom 3
The first two chainsaw guys while i was playing in a pitch black room during a thunderstorm
also i wasted an entire clip on a busting panel

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
I've had many Tank 'Oh shit run' moments, but only when I'm playing alone. The only one I've ever had on co-op was when my friend and I were running through it with a couple people we didn't know (because the Internet Adapter thing I bought him for Christmas won't let us play together alone).

We were playing Expert Dead Air and had just died for the billionth time in that level where you burn down the barricade at the start. By that point we're so frustrated I just charge down the alley, shooting at anything in my way and ducking around the corner with my back against the wall so there was no chance of sneak attacks. I bumped into something whilst shuffling down and then I hear "ROAAAARRGH!" and the Tank music start. I turn and see the beady little eyes and mutated muscle-y flesh fill my screen.

I nearly shat myself. I had walked right into the Tank. Needless to say I didn't have time to run, but I did shriek into the mic "FUUUUUCK FUCK FUCK GUYS RUN RUN NOW!" and heard my friend in hysterics.

HandsomeJack

Jul 17, 2009
Back in the bygone era of when World of Warcraft was new and my main, at that time a warrior, was still struggling towards level 60 I walked into Ungoro Crater for the first time. It was awesome. Most of the people in my guild were also still exploring all of Azeroth for the first time and I was the first to the crater, so I relayed to them what coolness dwelled within as I explored.
I think many of you know where I am going if you played WoW back in the day...or if you didnt avoid the crater at levels 48-58.
"HOLY F***ING HELL!!!" Pierced guildchat...people querried my comment, but no answer came for a short while.
"OK, sorry about that" I replied.
"What happened in there? You werent answering us." My guildleader, Nitsud, replied.
"Yeah, at first I was fighting...then running. But I am in the graveyard now, so I'll start at the top."
"OK?..."
"A giant-ass T-Rex snuck up on me."
"HAHAHAHA, snuck up on you? OMG you are retarded."
"F*** you Nitsud, just you wait. One of these days you are gonna be down here and the same thing is gonna happen. Those B*st*rds are sneaky, you cant hear em coming!"
"Suuuuuuuuure..."

Low and behold about 2-3 weeks later Guildchat is again pierced with a "HOLY F***ING SHIT!"
With a couple clicks I could see that Nitsud was indeed in Ungoro Crater.
"Congrats, you just met a devilsaur, didnt you? =P"
"F*** you, dude"
"Yeah, they are sneaky like that..."

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
Pretty much all the time in Left 4 Dead. I got hit by a huge horde once with the safe room right in front of me. That was epic.