You're biggest self-imposed pu..accomplishment.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I beat all 3 Gears of War games on Insane by myself. 1 and 3 were incredibly annoying because you couldn't be downed, you just fell over and died. 2 was easy because you could go down and the gnasher was more of a plasma cannon than a shotgun.

I'm number 1 on a lot of songs on Rock Band 3, and around 2000 for general scores on all on-disc songs.

I also did a speed run of Deadlight because I think I'm the only idiot who bought it. I got about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Nouw said:
Haha, suddenly your opinion is whole lot more 'credible' xD. Do you think there should be any changes to how the MP works?
Yes, they should have workers that collect manpower from the resource points.

.. no. Manpower is fine. It provides a possible comeback mechanic, and there's always an incentive to not camp your base. Unless you're playing high resources Scheldt/Vire River with annihilate. In which case, shame on you. Real men play automatch. >=[

What I do want them to remove is how the squad AI purposefully screws up my positioning because of autocover. I'd also want the RNG-elements in the game to be psuedo-RNG instead, so that I can't miss two countersnipes in a row.
.. and speaking of which: snipers need to be changed. At least give them more counters or force them to be deployed to fire. I actually suspect they're doing the latter, as the Sovjet snipers seem to be squads.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
I was interested in the Straight Character Challenges in FFT at one point. You have to make it through the game using only one class, e.g. a full team of Squires or Wizards, with some restrictions on level for key quests. I only got round to finishing a Knight run and a Geomancer run, but it was pretty fun. It was such a great game in its combat system, but had such horrible balance issues that you had to do things like this to get a challenge out of it.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Dunno most of mine are outdated, like finishing Pokedex's, Kingdom Hearts 100%ing on Hardest difficulty. Using some of the Mods in Oblivion to make it ridiculously hard...

But my brother who is 8 years old has one that I could barely believe. But he did it.
He finished Super Meat Boy. All of it.
...On. A. Keyboard. :|

I'm so proud of the little monkey.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
King of Asgaard said:
I come up with challenge builds in Dark Souls.
Basically, I choose a theme for my character (tank, archer, brawler, mage, etc...) and then I think of the equipment to specialize with.
Some of the hardest builds I've made involve using one weapon or weapon type, or going without a shield, but they are some of the most satisfying.
Currently, I've just finished my Black Knight build (full Black knight armour, shield and great axe). It wasn't difficult, but it was fun. My newest is specializing in crossbows, and if you've played Dark Souls, you should know exactly how tricky that is.
I'm currently doing a playthrough where I can only use the Thief's default equipment plus rings and the Sunlight Maggot for everyone's favorite tomb. Mine is hard, your's sounds insane.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I tend to game in easy mode quite a lot, but way back when the Vidmaster Achievements for Halo 3 got announced, my friends and I did the specific difficult version of the last level, where you turned Legendary on, plus some weird skulls, then finished it all in ghosts.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I've beaten the final bosses of every Mega Man game from Original, X, and Zero Collections, as well as Mega Man & Bass, so far).

No E-Tanks. (or Sub Tanks/Cyber Elves)
Buster Only. (or in Zero's case, Sabre/Buster only)
Final Destination.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Uhm.... went to top 500 on the Shogun II ladder?

Oh, and finished WaW on Veteran. Otherwise really can't think of any fancy projects.

Edit: derp. There's also the little thing of being raid leader in a WoW guild for two years, getting them up to 9/12 25HC Icecrown.

NinjaDuckie

Sep 9, 2009
After we'd completed our exams, a small portion of my Law class slowly progressed all the way through I Wanna Be The Guy. Surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
I started playing Ocaina of Time without hitting anything with any of the swords, it actually allows you to defeat the first three bosses quicker because the Deku Sticks have unusually powerful jump attack which means you can more or less one shot the first few bosses with a bit of wood. Things got complex when I became Adult Link and lost the Deku Sticks, the Boomerang and the Slingshot however and had to rely on bombs, which are hard with moving enemies, and the Hookshot. I only got as far as the Forest Temple though.

Say what you like about Ocarina of TIme's quality, but it IS a tad on the easy side, removing the sword gave the game the element of strategy and made it more fun and challenging for me. I also deliberately burned the Deku Shield too and rarely drew the Hylian shield.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Next objective: Go outside.
I don't know, man, I don't think that objective is obtainable. Sounds like it would be daunting me for days, and take hours for me to finally buckle down and try to accomplish.

OT: I always thought getting the last two Chaos Emeralds in the classic Sonic games was pretty difficult, especially before Sonic 3 implemented the save feature. I can't really think of anything legitimately challenging that wouldn't be laughed at by other 'more hardcore' people.

I like to go through the challenge maps in the two Batman games with different 'qualifiers', such as not being spotted once or trying to complete it in under 2 minutes or something, or not being hit/losing my combo in the Combat maps.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Skyward Sword: Beat all bosses in the Thunder Dragon challenge without getting hit even one time, on Hero Mode.

Always play on the hardest difficulty possible.

Beat the first map on TF2 MVM with only 4 players (me included). It was unintentional, but damn was it hard. I think I deserve some achievement for that shit.

Kill all boss monster (offline) in MH3 with the Hunter Armor. This was practically impossible when the later monster one shot you.

I usually don't plan any of this. I play and just think "wow, this would be a nice challenge" and just play until it's done.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Took a warrior to level 63 under the Ironman Challenge rules in WoW (no spec, no talents, no green, blue or purple gear, no teaming, no profs except first aid, no potions, and no deaths.)

I'm pretty pleased with that, particularly since last time I checked the number of people who've taken that class higher than that could be counted on two hands, with fingers left over. No one has yet made it to 85 on a warrior.

And the thought of taking another run at it once MoP launches is literally the only thing that might lure me back to WoW. I don't like what 'regular' WoW has become at all, but that time, and especially the eight hours or so I spent questing in Outland before I was finally killed, was one of the very best gaming experiences I've ever had.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Greyah said:
King of Asgaard said:
Basically, I choose a theme for my character (tank, archer, brawler, mage, etc...) and then I think of the equipment to specialize with.
Some of the hardest builds I've made involve using one weapon or weapon type, or going without a shield, but they are some of the most satisfying.
Currently, I've just finished my Black Knight build (full Black knight armour, shield and great axe). It wasn't difficult, but it was fun. My newest is specializing in crossbows, and if you've played Dark Souls, you should know exactly how tricky that is.
Simon Belmont. Use bandit armour without helmet, whips, no shields, no magic. You are allowed to use firebombs, charcoal pine resin, throwing knives.

The funny though about that build is that there is no riposting involved. You can parry an attack with your left hand if you don't 2h the whip, but you can't riposte using a whip. Funny thing is, enemies can't parry it either. You also can't backstab, so for that particular run you'd pretty much have to re-learn the entire game.

I actually did a Belmont run myself. It was tricky, but fun. Some of the things I figured would be really difficult were surprisingly easy, like the archers in Anor Londo, Ornstein and Smough, and the Four Kings. The hardest part was actually Gwyn himself, because I normally use Solaire or ripost him to death.
An interesting idea, but one fraught with problems.
Firstly, firebombs and throwing knives are useless later on and they run out.
Secondly, I've tried the whip, and I must say that I absolutely detest it. Everything from the slow attacks, to the surprisingly short range, to the lack of combos it can perform.
One of the rules of my builds is that, while they are challenging, they must still be functional. Your Belmont build does not sound like it would be overly enjoyable to put together and play as, to me. Plus, I didn't grow up with Simon Belmont (born '95) so making a build in tribute to a character unfamiliar to me seems a bit strange.
Thanks for the idea though, maybe I can modify it and work out some kinks.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
King of Asgaard said:
I'm currently doing a playthrough where I can only use the Thief's default equipment plus rings and the Sunlight Maggot for everyone's favorite tomb. Mine is hard, your's sounds insane.
You have NO idea, buddy.
It's actually invigorating though, as it forces me to approach situations differently.
My eventual goal is to get the Avelyn, which is going to be a nightmare, but once I get it, the rest of the game will become a bit easier.
EDIT: I got it and upgraded it, it's amazing. Rapid fire crossbow FTW!