YouTube cartoons suck.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Every cartoon on YouTube now is just dark parodies of cartoons you watched growing up.

"Dude, I took this kids' cartoon and put violence, swearing and sex in it! I'm so original and subversive!". Taking something for kids and putting violence, swearing and sex in it was played out when Robot Chicken did it back in 2005.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I'm personally a fan of papa meat.

I love that channel.

Every cartoon on YouTube now is just dark parodies of cartoons you watched growing up.

"Dude, I took this kids' cartoon and put violence, swearing and sex in it! I'm so original and subversive!". Taking something for kids and putting violence, swearing and sex in it was played out when Robot Chicken did it back in 2005.
That's kinda been a thing since the beginning of the internet. Like in newgrounds and deviantart was always covered with edgy distortions of your favorite childhood cartoons.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

What Shadyside said.

I also recommend this website, to get some perspective:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sturgeon's Law - 90% of everything is crap. What you're spouting ain't exactly a revelation or anything new. Take the actual effort to avoid the crap and focus on the good stuff. It is what I do.

Also, Alan Moore loved that Watchmen parody Harry did.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Did.. did you miss the 2000s? Pretty much all amateur cartoons are this.

Also,

Reactions: BrawlMan

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Nothing beats those shit Flash Player cartoons they were making in the mid-2000s. We could not have predicted the internet would be like this. Simpler times.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Admittedly they were simpler times after USA had just invaded the Middle East. So I guess not very simple times.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That's kinda been a thing since the beginning of the internet. Like in newgrounds and deviantart was always covered with edgy distortions of your favorite childhood cartoons.
This. See also other late 90's to early 00's stuff like Happy Tree Friends, Joe Cartoon and Liquid Generation.

Reactions: BrawlMan