Youtube channel opened by anime studios will have thousands of free anime.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
If you can't beat them, join them.

Japan is finally seeing the light and is just gonna be uploading anime on youtube for free for everyone to watch. I guess 20+ years of people across the word sailing the wild seas to get ahold of their anime because it wasn't licensed or available or was censored where they live has taught some Japanese studios the merits of publicity-based marketing.

Apparently, they plan on eventually hosting a massive 3000 shows on that channel. Yes please.

(RIP crunchyroll, it was...somewhat tolerable knowing you)

Reactions: Ghostrick Dorklord

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
If you can't beat them, join them.

Japan is finally seeing the light and is just gonna be uploading anime on youtube for free for everyone to watch. I guess 20+ years of people across the word sailing the wild seas to get ahold of their anime because it wasn't licensed or available or was censored where they live has taught some Japanese studios the merits of publicity-based marketing.

Apparently, they plan on eventually hosting a massive 3000 shows on that channel. Yes please.

(RIP crunchyroll, it was...somewhat tolerable knowing you)
Considering the bitching people do about YouTube and censorship, I wouldn’t hold out for the uncut versions of anything on the platform.

f0x will be along to denounce this as the death of the Western world in 3, 2, 1....
Hopefully he does it early in the thread so the interested parties can smile and nod so he goes away and they can talk about it.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I hope they include Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I kinda want to see the original, I keep hearing its a masterpiece.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Considering the bitching people do about YouTube and censorship, I wouldn’t hold out for the uncut versions of anything on the platform.

Youtube seems to allow big name people a lot more leeway with what they can show. Anime only ever gets cut during the localization for westerner tv stations and they are not gonna go back and re-edit 3000 shows for a youtube cut so logic dictates the shows will be uncut. It is unsure how they'll handle shows like tokyo ghoul where some JP tv broadcasts are a little low on the gore (which affected their crunchyroll versions too) but when you have uncut footage from some of the goriest moments of Attack on Titan up for years on the kids react channel I'm sure there won't be any additional youtube-specific concerns to worry about.

Youtube mainly censors opinion-holders, not straight up money-making entertainment from established corporations. I'm pretty sure you can even find super adult shows on random channels like Yojuu Toshi and the old Devilman OVAs.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I hope they upload Lain and Wolf's Rain. Maybe excel saga.
I know nothing about Excel Saga except one of its end credits...which are darkly hilarious.

Reactions: Kae

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I know nothing about Excel Saga except one of its end credits...which are darkly hilarious.
Excel Saga is pretty hilarious, although the main character can be really grating, depending on your tolerance for loud high pitched girls.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I hope they upload Lain and Wolf's Rain. Maybe excel saga.
Lain's great, I would be very happy if they upload it, as I don't think I've watched that in good quality, like in HD it'd be great.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States

It has its ups and downs in terms of quality, but when it's at its best, it's a very good dark comedy. Imagine if the ghost stories dub was the actual, original dub. Sub preferred.

Lain's great, I would be very happy if they upload it, as I don't think I've watched that in good quality, like in HD it'd be great.
I'm lucky to own it in blu-ray. But it's about $40, last I checked. One of my absolute favorites.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm lucky to own it in blu-ray. But it's about $40, last I checked. One of my absolute favorites.
Huh.. it's not as expensive as I thought it would be, just looked it up, I might buy it later then.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Huh.. it's not as expensive as I thought it would be, just looked it up, I might buy it later then.
Wowzers, seems to be sitting at about $20 in amazon. I would highly recommend it to anyone whose curious to see it. That's a steal.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sweet. I already found a website that does this for over 12 years, but thanks anyway.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Does this have anything to do with kissanime's demise?
Prolly not, there's no info linking the two.

KA is just one of the hundreds of streaming or torrent sites anyhow, I am a little confused about people making a big deal about it going down. Those things happen, one goes down, another pops up.

I mainly use aniwatcher nowadays.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Highly doubt it will be available without a VPN outside Japan. Even it is, the UK will probably get left out. Again.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Does this mean I get to watch new episodes of One Piece officially uploaded to youtube?