Youtube has cancer.

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
grimsprice said:
Raise your hand if you can't stand the auto-play bar at the bottom of youtube videos.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!

If you don't know, it sets up a queue of videos and plays them when the video youre watching ends. Automatically. Without your consent. And you have to turn it off every single time you go to another video. I should also add that i'm pretty sure it only shows up if you sign in to a Youtube profile. Which i do to keep a favorites list.

Here is a fix for Google Chrome users!!!

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jpajpedkdbbffnpjopibeolebkjdiikp
1. YouTube added that feature because the majority of people who tested it during the development liked it.
2. It's there website and you're visiting it, so you can pretty much toss your 'without consent' argument down the gutter.
3. If it's that much of an issue for you, just don't go to YouTube anymore.

Since only robots like us use GoogleChrome, here's the command line for you:
10 Hate "YouTube"
20 Go to 10

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
First they removed the stars in favor of a less informative rating system, now they have added a retarded bar that really annoys me.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
New Google Images is worse.

I still don't understand why the player you get on youtube can be v1/2/3 depending on the video, its wierd (and I can't always widescreen it :( )

Mr Montmorency

Jun 29, 2010
Lupus in fabula said:
Mr Montmorency said:
Lupus in fabula said:
I thought YouTube WAS cancer. Have you seen all the angry, uneducated, idiots that post videos and comment over there?
You can fix that too! If you have Firefox, there's the Youtube comment snob add-on!
Pardon me for calling YT users that say stuff like "go fuck your mother, while I fuck your father in the ass" angry, uneducated, idiots. How snobbish of me.
There are a few YT channels that I like: The Onion, Hot for Words, and The Pinky show, UCTV, Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, UCLA courses, and others.
Although I prefer to watch videos on FORATV and MITvideo.

I must admit that besides being completely off base, your answer was quite funny.
So, there you go:
LULZ

http://www.chrisfinke.com/addons/youtube-comment-snob/

Don't be a dick! :D

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I don't frequent YouTube anymore. If at least one other person is watching the video you're trying to watch, you need to pause and walk away for ten minutes before you can watch it without being interrupted by sporadic loading. 54mb/s, by the way. It ain't me.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
HK_01 said:
First they removed the stars in favor of a less informative rating system, now they have added a retarded bar that really annoys me.
KILL THE MEATBAGS! and clowns oh how I hate clowns...

Mr Montmorency

Jun 29, 2010
Lupus in fabula said:
Mr Montmorency said:
LULZ

http://www.chrisfinke.com/addons/youtube-comment-snob/

Don't be a dick! :D
1.More than # spelling mistakes: The number of mistakes is customizable, and the extension uses Firefox's built-in spell checker.
2.All capital letters
3.No capital letters
4.Doesn't start with a capital letter
5.Excessive punctuation (!!!! ????)
6.Excessive capitalization
7.Profanity

Honestly, the only one that really bothers me is #7. #1 (excessive spelling mistakes) just makes me a sad panda.

I have it. You can pick and choose. Number 7 is turned off by default.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
RRRRR EVERY SINGLE VIDEO IN MY SUBSCRIPTIONS HAS THIS ON IT AND IT SUCKS MASSIVER HAIRY DEMOMAN BALLS!

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
manythings said:
I can switch it off and I do. It's right there at the side "Autoplay on-off".
I do that too, but I'd rather be able to switch the whole bar off as I do not want it there :(

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
DarkLight523 said:
grimsprice said:
Raise your hand if you can't stand the auto-play bar at the bottom of youtube videos.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!

If you don't know, it sets up a queue of videos and plays them when the video youre watching ends. Automatically. Without your consent. And you have to turn it off every single time you go to another video. I should also add that i'm pretty sure it only shows up if you sign in to a Youtube profile. Which i do to keep a favorites list.

1. YouTube added that feature because the majority of people who tested it during the development liked it.
2. It's there website and you're visiting it, so you can pretty much toss your 'without consent' argument down the gutter.

10 Hate "YouTube"
20 Go to 10
Oh ha ha. Congratulations, you score a 6.

I just have one question... why did you go out of your way to piss on my opinion, and then insult all google chrome users? What's in it for you?

1: I'm not the majority of people who tested it. Which means i'm entitled to a different opinion than them.
2: I don't have any arguments to toss down the gutter BECAUSE I'M NOT MAKING ARGUMENTS, i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.
3: I'd rather fix it. Which i did. And now i'm offering that fix to any Chrome users out there.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
I don't like Youtube because it's too stupid to recognize songs I put in my videos, and therefore can't cite them and I can't use them

AKissAndAGunshot

Jul 27, 2010
I have no youtube account. . . whell, I do but i never go on it. . . and I have adblock plus. I have never seen this bar.

for people saying "if you don't like it switch it off". . . he already said it turns itself back on. Also, it has to be said, otherwise it will never be fixed.

"If ya don't vote, ya aint got no right to complain!"

Thanks for listening.

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
grimsprice said:
DarkLight523 said:
grimsprice said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!

10 Hate "YouTube"
20 Go to 10
Oh ha ha. Congratulations, you score a 6 on the new international standard douchebag scale.

I just have one question... why did you go out of your way to piss on my opinion, and then insult all google chrome users? What's in it for you?
I use GoogleChrome, too. It was just a joke. But apparently you prefer to resort to vulgarity rather than have a laugh.

PostNote: Nice job editting what you posted. I especially like how you removed the word "douchebag" from it. Nice way to avoid being reported.

And don't try denying it. I have the original in my InBox when it notified me you quoted me.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
DarkLight523 said:
I use GoogleChrome, too. It was just a joke. But apparently you prefer to resort to vulgarity rather than have a laugh.

PostNote: Nice job editting what you posted. I especially like how you removed the word "douchebag" from it. Nice way to avoid being reported.

And don't try denying it. I have the original in my InBox when it notified me you quoted me.
It was a poor joke with no punch line. And on the internet you have to actually indicate you're joking or being sarcastic.

I also like how you didn't bother to deal with what i said. Because you insinuated that i was just whining and throwing an internet tantrum, But you can't back that up can you?

And i didn't edit it to avoid being reported. I realized a couple minutes later that it was a harsh reaction. It happens.

EDIT: now leave me alone and stop pissing on peoples opinions.

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
If you remove the second & from the URL and hit enter it reloads the page without the bar at the bottom. Just a suggestion, though it's not exactly permanent it does stick as long as you keep clicking videos in the sidebar and such.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Mr Montmorency said:
Plazmatic said:
Mr Montmorency said:
Plazmatic said:
If you hate it so much, why don't you just turn it off?
Read the fucking topic! You can't turn it off!
this picture pretty much explains it...

theres an on off switch clearly marked by op.
Yeah, and if you read the topic, you'd know that you essentially can't turn it off, it turns itself back on again.
yeah because its alive and it doesn't want you to turn it off, look I turned it on, then turned it off, and it turned off.