YouTube Singer Performs Incredible One-Man Disney Movie

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Okay, why the hell is this guy not already voicing parts for Disney?!? This was amazing, I mean come on, the guy even managed to harmonize with himself while singing different voices! And he has incredible talent as a filmmaker too, it took some exceptionally good skills to be able to make all of those videos and have them match perfectly (trust me, I know how tough it is, I'm a filmmaker myself). And don't try telling me there were hidden cuts, it's much too seamless for that to be possible. Overall, this guy wins the internet a dozen times over. Absolutely phenomenal.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
LightspeedJack said:
I fully realise I lose all my man points for saying this but: I fuckin' loved it!!
Time to turn in your testicles good sir, don't worry, I'm next in line.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
As a Pixar employee, that might actually happen. Before the animated begins, Pixar has developed a system to making a sort of photo-film, with flat 2D artwork moved and lightly animated to get all the camera angels correct and to make sure the story works. Many employees make reference tracks for diologue, but some or so good they made it to the films. For example, the voice of Edna from the Incrediables and the Slug from Monster's inc. were originally just the reference tracks made by those film's directors, but nobody could do the voices better.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I... uh... but... just...

*brain melts*

thanatus1992 said:
LightspeedJack said:
I fully realise I lose all my man points for saying this but: I fuckin' loved it!!
Time to turn in your testicles good sir, don't worry, I'm next in line.
Ah, hell, they weren't doing me much good anyways.

*gets in line*

If only losing them would give me the range that guy has.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I've seen Pitera's work before (I've attached his cover of Don't Stop Believing) and his vocal range gets me every time. Talented guy, he is.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
Holy fucking jesus.
It's the girl parts that really get me. I mean just fucking listen. How does he DO that.

Dude got some vocal range.
Well, it could be random luck, but more likely it's just lots and lots of practice.
Most guys can actually sound like a girl if they know the right technique.
(But the strain it puts on your vocal chords also means you need to practice it A LOT to stand any chance in hell of doing it for more than about 30 seconds.)

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Okay, Valve should hire this talent. Don't ask me why - that's what Valve does.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
so...goood....

Also made me appreciate how good these songs really were. I'm glad to have grown up with these classics.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, I only saw his Whole New World duet with himself, but he's insane (in a good way). I have noticed, though, that it seems that he only has one "girl voice." Might just be me, but he's still great.

John Funk said:
If you mean it's on the right side of the article, that's intentional. We align it to the right like we do any images included in a post.
thenumberthirteen said:
Quote for show, but thanks for the advice.
Just found the problem. I zoom in with Ctrl-mouse wheel to get the site to fill the window as much as possible while keeping the tabs, search, and bookmark bar as small as possible. Just thought of that and tested it. Oops. Also, the problem was that it was half off the screen in the article format and full off the screen in forum view.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
newguy77 said:
Yeah, I only saw his Whole New World duet with himself, but he's insane (in a good way). On another note, whenever the Escapist has a video in with their articles it gets shunted off to the right. I have the Yousable Tube fix for Chrome and Smart Video for YouTube, anyone else having this problem?
If you mean it's on the right side of the article, that's intentional. We align it to the right like we do any images included in a post.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Brilliant voice, but now I have to listen to some manly music.

newguy77 said:
On another note, whenever the Escapist has a video in with their articles it gets shunted off to the right. I have the Yousable Tube fix for Chrome and Smart Video for YouTube, anyone else having this problem?
Like all the way to the right? I've never had that problem in chrome. I suggest turning off all add ons and seeing if that helps.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
This blew my mind when I first saw it. Now that takes talent.

Not to mention he actually does sound like the Disney characters. He's not just singing a cover. It's... awesomely creepy.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Huh, I remember doing stuff very similar to that when I went through acting/singing classes. Something about stretching vocal chords by singing along with popular music as best I could (and Italian stuff). 'Cept I never did something crazy like tape it repeatedly and put everything side by side. That's hardcore.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
I've been subscribed to this guy for awhile, and i'm still trying to figure out how the hell he goes so damn high in his songs o_O

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
He's a great singer, although you can hear the heavy effects on it. Good effort.

Not nearly as good as Brett Domino though.