YouTube Singer Performs Incredible One-Man Disney Movie

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
YouTube Singer Performs Incredible One-Man Disney Movie

In case Disney is looking for singers for its next animated musical, one YouTube musician could provide the voices for the entire cast.

This is something that falls into that category of "not really related to our geek/gamer/tech-centric focus, but too awesome not to write about." Besides, it's a good bet that many - if not most - of us grew up on Disney movies, right? Right.

The video you see here to the right is the work of Nick Pitera [http://twitter.com/NickPitera], a Pixar employee who loves Disney movies and who loves to post videos of himself singing on YouTube. It's a fully arranged medley in which Pitera sings all the parts in a number of classic Disney songs. He starts as Belle from Beauty and the Beast, switches to Aladdin, and then jumps right into "Be Prepared" from The Lion King - and that's just the start.

Not only is Pitera a phenomenal singer with one hell of a vocal range, and not only is this a great medley of some fantastic Disney tunes, but the video is also really fun to watch. It's very well-edited, with excellent interactions between his various "characters" as he sings.

"Since I was 5 I have dreamt of voicing a [Disney] character myself, and this is me doing my best to pay homage to a few of my favorites," writes Pitera on the YouTube description. Frankly, I think that if Disney had that sort of talent already in its offices (well, at Pixar) and didn't use it? They'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I would love to be a voice actor, but this guy is way better than me. It's incredible. The way he sings female parts is just astounding.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I wanted to like this but I spotted fairly early on that his mouth/chin moves funny when he sings, couldn't unsee it and that was all I could focus on for the next few minutes.

Amazing talent, funny face.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
I choose not to believe that he sang those female voices.

Also, I loved when he started singing Hercules' song - that is one of my favourite Disney songs.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Scorched_Cascade said:
I wanted to enjoy but I spotted fairly early on that his mouth/chin moves funny when he sings and that was all I could focus on for the next few minutes.

Luckily, that isn't an issue for a voice actor.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Holy fucking jesus.
It's the girl parts that really get me. I mean just fucking listen. How does he DO that.

Dude got some vocal range.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
How many sets of vocal chords does this man HAVE?!

I mean, seriously, my eyes almost bugged out when he started singing Ariel's bit from The Little Mermaid.

[small](Yeah, I watched The Little Mermaid, you wanna make something of it?!)[/small]

Seriously, this guy, Stephen Russell and Nolan North could staff their very own voice-acting company.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Ok. His voice is INDISTINGUISHABLE from a woman's, and that's increadible. As a baritone, I have to make some comment on manliness, but that's a whole lot of talent. Freakin' tenors get all the attention with their girl voices...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Mmmmmm, his voice is just orgasmic.

Disney better hire the guy. It'd be awesome to, when I'm an old crotchety man, to reminisce about the Disney movies he's sung in. Pure epicness.

It's moments like this when I curse that I'm a Bass 2 in my choir...goddamn tenors!

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Bobic said:
Scorched_Cascade said:
I wanted to enjoy but I spotted fairly early on that his mouth/chin moves funny when he sings and that was all I could focus on for the next few minutes.

Luckily, that isn't an issue for a voice actor.
True and he is going to be an amazing one....as long as he doesn't have to voice any french characters ;)

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
I remember seeing the video of him singing a whole new world from Aladdin a long while back. He's done it live on talk shows and stuff, the girl parts are really him.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Should I be surprised his villainous voice sounds like a bloodelf after hearing his heroine rendition?

And yes his vocal range is pretty impressive.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Scorched_Cascade said:
I wanted to like this but I spotted fairly early on that his mouth/chin moves funny when he sings, couldn't unsee it and that was all I could focus on for the next few minutes.

That's par for the course. Watch any really good, trained singer while they're singing, and their faces do some bizarre stuff. Also, the audio and video were probably recorded separately, so he could focus on one, rather than having to worry about both and spreading his considerable talents too thin.

Seriously though, I wish I had this guy's vocal talents. He beats the absolute hell out of me, and I've won singing competitions at the national level!!

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
At first I was like, "Is that a woman?"

Then I was like, "Is that human?"

Mad props to the man, even if I did have to track down his appearance on Ellen to believe it wasn't lip-synced. FYI, it isn't, so, wow.