YouTube's being stupid again.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Ger thanks corporate internet. Sure love my ads and interaction free children show videos

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Since YouTube is forcing us to watch ads now, what are the best alternatives?
Firefox and Ublock Origin.

And if you are fearless and have a spare Android phone/tablet, aaand time to create a new Google account that isn't linked to your current Google or Outlook account. You could try using YouTube Revanced. Of course, when I tried it, it deleted my Gmail emails. Thankfully I used my college Outlook email.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Firefox and Ublock Origin.

And if you are fearless and have a spare Android phone/tablet, aaand time to create a new Google account that isn't linked to your current Google or Outlook account. You could try using YouTube Revanced. Of course, when I tried it, it deleted my Gmail emails. Thankfully I used my college Outlook email.

Firefox and Ublock doesn't magically get you around Youtube trying to force ads on you. I got blocked on my desktop yesterday because I opened up several videos in new tabs at once and caused me to use up all the "warnings" at once I think. A little basic troubleshooting and I figured it out. First I tried to watch videos on my phone signed in and that worked fine so it's not tied to your account (or IP address), then I tried another browser on my desktop and that worked just fine so it's not recognizing a specific device. So, the only thing it could be is Youtube using cookies to do it so I deleted all my Youtube and Google cookies, signed back in on my main Firefox browser and I can watch videos again just fine.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Did you read the article before or after the edit?

For people reading only link titles; YouTube pages were slowing down for people because of a bug in AdBlock and AdBlock Plus, not because of YouTube.

YouTube pages weren't the only pages affected by it either.

Reactions: Gergar12

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Did you read the article before or after the edit?

For people reading only link titles; YouTube pages were slowing down for people because of a bug in AdBlock and AdBlock Plus, not because of YouTube.

YouTube pages weren't the only pages affected by it either.
Before