Yu-Gi-Oh GX Style RP (MSN)

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
Note: I am not strictly sure if I'm allowed to advertise in this way, although I couldn't find a rule hat specifically said I couldn't and I found something similar to it when searching, so I'm assuming I can. If this is against the rules would one of the mods please remove this.
-Mod edit: Caps hurt my eyes! This RP should be fine though, have fun!

I am planning a Yugioh GX style RP that will take place over MSN Messenger. This is a thread to see if I can drum up interest in the idea.

Aside from the basics of Yugioh GX, students being taken to duel academy to learn the art of playing duel monsters, the storyline is pretty much going to remain in the dark until things get started. Something worth mentioning in advance though is that every canon character from Yugioh GX is going to be replaced with an OC.

The style in which the RP would take place is quite different to that of the Escapist. Because I would be able to monitor what is happening very closely as it does, it allows for a highly interactive design as I dictate what you see and hear (although this obviously wont be necessary at all times lulz).

The actual duels will take place on Dueling Network [http://www.duelingnetwork.com/]. Though you don't need to be astounding at the game, you will at least need to know how to play in order to take part. Winning a lot will be rewarded, although it is worth noting that certain decks (FTK decks etc) will be banned in order to keep things enjoyable.

For your characters, everyone would be a first year in Slifer Red. Other details about them are fairly open though.

Name:
Signature deck: (Optional, but would be useful to know)
Appearance:
Brief History:

Sessions normally take place between 11pm and 2am GMT. If you are interested, say here, via email, or over MSN (my address is [email protected]).

ty for reading.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Sounds like this will be fun! However...Its been a bit since I've played the card game Yu-gi-oh, So whilst certain decks are banned, will particular cards also be banned?

Anyway, I'll think up a profile in a short while. Expect the character's deck to be a knight themed one.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
VitusPrime said:
Sounds like this will be fun! However...Its been a bit since I've played the card game Yu-gi-oh, So whilst certain decks are banned, will particular cards also be banned?

Anyway, I'll think up a profile in a short while. Expect the character's deck to be a knight themed one.
Well it'll conform to the Advance format ban list [http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/]. Traditional format is way too chaotic tbh.

And I probably wont be starting until March, so the banlist that'll apply then isn't known yet. The currect advance format banlist will give you a fairly good idea of it, just there might be some more stuff going on the list.

You're allowed to change your deck around at any time btw, you don't need to send me the whole decklist. I just wanted an idea of the theme lulz.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
erttheking said:
Aw man, can't we just do the RP here? I don't have msn
Sorry, no, I don't really like the style on forums. It is much, much better on IM systems imo.

Its easy to download and install MSN though, its not like getting it is a big deal. I'll pm you a link to a good version if you want.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Ah, damn. The only problem I have is doing the RP on MSN. Everything else has caught my interest though.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Emissary Laito said:
Grim327 said:
Ah, damn. The only problem I have is doing the RP on MSN. Everything else has caught my interest though.
Can I ask why its a problem?
While I'm to busy to partake in the rp; I would offer the suggestion of Skype over msn. Groups are easier to work with and it provides more functions.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
I've tried Skype in the past and found its settings rather limiting compared to those of MSN tbh. Plus I don't really like the atmosphere on it.

Risingblade said:
This seems fun, I haven't played in a while but I'd sure be willing to give it a shot
kk, good to see interest ^^

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Emissary Laito said:
Grim327 said:
Can I ask why its a problem?
I don't have MSN and call me lazy, but I don't feel like doing all the registration and possible download and find out I don't like the format and use of MSN. Other than that, I would love to try.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
Grim327 said:
I don't have MSN and call me lazy, but I don't feel like doing all the registration and possible download and find out I don't like the format and use of MSN. Other than that, I would love to try.
Not like it takes that long D:

But kk lulz.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
see the only problem I have is the time it takes place (I am in the GMT time zone) see I could do it between 10-12pm most days, also would a record of what happens be kept on the escapist forum?

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
nuba km said:
see the only problem I have is the time it takes place (I am in the GMT time zone) see I could do it between 10-12pm most days, also would a record of what happens be kept on the escapist forum?
I'm in GMT too lulz, I know it can be problematic.

I suppose I could post updates here every now and then, but it wouldn't be something I'd focus on.

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
JokerboyJordan said:
I'm interested :)
kk, added you on MSN assuming the address in your profile is right.

Probably starting sooner than originally planned, like in a couple of days time or something, so make that character sheet fast. I have enough people, although wont turn away anyone else.

Probably wont be checking this thread anymore, but to anyone who ever wishes to take part in something like this at a future date (I do this sort of thing fairly regularly) feel free to message me here or add me.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Name: Kazuya Dagon
Signature deck: Spellcasters/Dark Magicians
Appearance: Short black hair, fair skinned. Kazuya wears his Slifer Red jacket fully done up into a turtle neck. He wears pointed shoes and carries a pocket watch tucked inside his jacket at all times
Brief History: Kazuya enrolled himself into Duel Academy as he had always had a passion for duelling. His immense willpower and reserve has allowed him victory many times.
Although being an exceptional duelist, the senior staff had a bias towards his family and thus he was placed in Slifer Red instead of Obelisk Blue.

valawxedit

Feb 21, 2011
Name: William storm

Character Type: new student

Year: none

Physical Appearance:he wheres a suit like he wears a mask made of scarf which flows down behind him but it doesnt cover his eyes only his mouth and nose.he where a suit like the society of light. his hair is brown and long he has a burn mark on his face.

Biography: William was rather a normal child he thought but though he didn?t anymore when he reached the age of 14. Beforehand William liked duel monsters and he was good at it and he could control he own body and his mind. His grades were good as well but one day he was being beaten by those he couldn?t loss to people who threatened he friends and when he won his anger had grown so much after they had beaten his friends rather badly. When he turned to see his attack coming for his friends anyway he stood in the way and the man stabbed William in the chest but seconds later the man was blown away by some kind of force killing the man as he smashed his skull into a wall. William was taken to the correctional facility for 2 years before he was let out for good behaviour but he was in silvershine cities poor sector but now he had left prison he had a mark on his face. This mark was electronically tagged so he could be tracked anywhere. While will was there he met some people who seemed like a band they took him in like family and they cared for him until someone challenged him to a duel they gave him a deck that they found the cards and made a deck for someone to use. When William summoned his djinn monsters it turned out the four friends he had made were the djinn spirits he made real. William duelled and beat everyone that faced him and after they were hurt rather badly using his powers. William wanted to get out but later he wanted to leave this sector and he knew the place to hide and how to get there. He scorced his own face to destroy the mark on his face and he thought this was the easiest way to do it. His face was burned badly. But it did stop the signal for long enough for William to hide on the bought to duel academy he hoped that he would be allowed to enter when he got there. He dressed respectably so he wouldn?t get rejected easily.

(Other):
Deck musical deck including djinn.
PAPER