Zack Snyder’s Justice League

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Well, you know I've been on board with this from the very beginning. It looks like Infinity War for grownups, I dig it. Hope it'll live up to BvS.

Reactions: gorfias

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I really hope this will be DCs comeback with all that they are showing. I'm excited for the new suicide squad, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman movie. Marvel was usually boring for me and almost everyone had annoying quips.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Still havent seen the first cut, though not sure if i can fool anyone including myself to fix that glaring omission first. Maybe it's one of those "you wont be able to appreciate it until youve seen the original" things like the FF7 remake. But then again maybe watching it will just be such a super turn-off, it will kill any potential curiosity for seeing the new one.

Also I think superman should be free and have a moustache. #justsaying #freethetash

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It looks visually better, but I fully expect it to be the same dumpster fire story wise. Trying to have a good Justice League movie after BvS is like trying build a high rise on a gigantic pile of shit. But at the very least, all the actors now have the chance to do their characters justice.

Remember when Cyborg said "Hey, I know where the Mother Box is", fucked off for 30 seconds, and popped back in with the macguffin of the movie 30 seconds later with no explanation at all? Fucking ridiculous. Ray Fisher didn't deserve that, no matter how terrible Cyborg looks in this movie.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, you know I've been on board with this from the very beginning. It looks like Infinity War for grownups, I dig it. Hope it'll live up to BvS.
Looks more like Infinity War for the desperately insecure to me. Which considering the context of its existence is thematically appropriate if nothing else.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Looks more like Infinity War for the desperately insecure to me. Which considering the context of its existence is thematically appropriate if nothing else.
Kind of my feeling too. Zack Snyder has a great eye for visuals and movement, but he can't pace a movie for shit, his Ayn Rand fanboyism gets in his way, and he's a terrible writer. He's also a slave to his eye, like Michael Bay. He knows how to compose a really good shot, but they all have same mood and feeling as all the others regardless of context. He creates really cinematic-looking moments, but the connective tissue is weak.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So I didn't bother seeing the Whedon cut so I can't say if this was in the original cut but if it wasn't Snyder just did one hell of a big dick swinging move.

1:11 = Aquaman throws up his hands and walks away leaving Mera and has dropped his armour and staff on the floor.

Previously in the trailer we saw Aquaman seemingly getting drunk

Mera is played by Amber Heard

Amber Heard (for those living under a rock) is presently in a pretty big legal battle with Johnny Depp which so far most evidence points to her having abused him and lied about it to try and frame him. She is having most people abandon her and has thrown round claims about Johnny Depp getting drunk

One of the things people see as a major point is if she will return as Mera in Aquaman 2

Aqua man 1 is set before Justice League.

Zack Snyder may have just told Amber Heard she's on her own and he doesn't support or back her via movie lol

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
So I didn't bother seeing the Whedon cut so I can't say if this was in the original cut but if it wasn't Snyder just did one hell of a big dick swinging move.

1:11 = Aquaman throws up his hands and walks away leaving Mera and has dropped his armour and staff on the floor.

Previously in the trailer we saw Aquaman seemingly getting drunk

Mera is played by Amber Heard

Amber Heard (for those living under a rock) is presently in a pretty big legal battle with Johnny Depp which so far most evidence points to her having abused him and lied about it to try and frame him. She is having most people abandon her and has thrown round claims about Johnny Depp getting drunk

One of the things people see as a major point is if she will return as Mera in Aquaman 2

Aqua man 1 is set before Justice League.

Zack Snyder may have just told Amber Heard she's on her own and he doesn't support or back her via movie lol
Having watched the Whedon cut, yes I think that scene was in there.

Also Aqua Man 1 is set after Justice League, not before.

The chronological order for the movies is:
  • Wonder Woman (1918)
  • Man of Steel (2013)
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2013-2015)
  • Suicide Squad (2016)
  • Justice League (2017)
  • Aquaman (2018)
  • Shazam! (2019)
  • Birds of Prey (2020)

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'm... not wholly sure that's the Snyder cut of the original movie. If it is that's horrific and looks like it'd be 10 hours long. But this almost looks like a sequel? I'm pretty sure that's Darksied in there? I can't even tell if this is a sequel with a shitty marketing campaign to make you think it's the Snyder cut of if it is the Snyder cut and it's just and extra 3 hours of bullshit story?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm... not wholly sure that's the Snyder cut of the original movie. If it is that's horrific and looks like it'd be 10 hours long. But this almost looks like a sequel? I'm pretty sure that's Darksied in there? I can't even tell if this is a sequel with a shitty marketing campaign to make you think it's the Snyder cut of if it is the Snyder cut and it's just and extra 3 hours of bullshit story?
Yeah that’s the Lord of Apokolips in there alright. Desaad is supposed to be the lad in the cloak and hood.

I just don’t see the point of this project beyond some kind of healing therapy for Zack. I mean everyone insisted that the uncut version of BvS was a great movie too but all I saw was someone utterly fail to convey in over three hours what a mid budget television cartoon did in one hour and change.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah that’s the Lord of Apokolips in there alright. Desaad is supposed to be the lad in the cloak and hood.

I just don’t see the point of this project beyond some kind of healing therapy for Zack. I mean everyone insisted that the uncut version of BvS was a great movie too but all I saw was someone utterly fail to convey in over three hours what a mid budget television cartoon did in one hour and change.
I'm just baffled. I thought Justice League only had Steppenwolf, or am I just remembering a different movie?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm just baffled. I thought Justice League only had Steppenwolf, or am I just remembering a different movie?
You're right. Whedon, who took over from Snyder, decided to remove all other characters from Apokolips though. Steppenwolf will still be the big bad in the movie, but the original idea that Snyder is bringing back is that Darkseid himself came to Earth before.

Also regarding your 10 hour remark, the Snyder cut will somehow be 4 fucking hours long, cut into 1 hour episodes.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
You're right. Whedon, who took over from Snyder, decided to remove all other characters from Apokolips though. Steppenwolf will still be the big bad in the movie, but the original idea that Snyder is bringing back is that Darkseid himself came to Earth before.

Also regarding your 10 hour remark, the Snyder cut will somehow be 4 fucking hours long, cut into 1 hour episodes.
That was another thing that made me think it was a sequel, since it was on HBO Max. Now this is making more sense.
In which case yes, this just looks awful, bloated, and it definitely needed the edit. As a miniseries it might be more manageable, even though it won't since it's Zach Snyder.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That was another thing that made me think it was a sequel, since it was on HBO Max. Now this is making more sense.
In which case yes, this just looks awful, bloated, and it definitely needed the edit. As a miniseries it might be more manageable, even though it won't since it's Zach Snyder.
Well, the idea had always been to have two Justice League movies, part 1 and 2. I have a feeling Snyder is trying to sneak in as much of the ideas he had for part 2 as possible.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Well, the idea had always been to have two Justice League movies, part 1 and 2. I have a feeling Snyder is trying to sneak in as much of the ideas he had for part 2 as possible.
Indeed, he wanted to do Avengers 3 as Avengers 1, because he's bad at this. And his signature style is ironically not suited to the tentpole comic book movies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Wow, Justice League finally looks like Zack Snyder's vision now!

Oh wait, that's actually a bad thing.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Disregarding the fact that Snyder's never really been a particularly good director, like you guys do know this just a re-edit with new scenes of a really shitty movie that we've already seen, right?

I don't know if you guys saw the same Justice League movie I saw but that shit was so bad I highly doubt it can be re-edited and CG'd into anything good, even if's objectively better this is practically 100% guaranteed to suck.

Like I really appreciate your optimism guys, but seriously remember the already released Justice League movie you've already seen before buying into the hype and think can this really be saved by doubling it's runtime with mostly footage that was deemed as not good enough for the original release?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Disregarding the fact that Snyder's never really been a particularly good director, like you guys do know this just a re-edit with new scenes of a really shitty movie that we've already seen, right?

I don't know if you guys saw the same Justice League movie I saw but that shit was so bad I highly doubt it can be re-edited and CG'd into anything good, even if's objectively better this is practically 100% guaranteed to suck.

Like I really appreciate your optimism guys, but seriously remember the already released Justice League movie you've already seen before buying into the hype and think can this really be saved by doubling it's runtime with mostly footage that was deemed as not good enough for the original release?
It will also have some of the non colour changed shots and already filmed shots and sequences not used in the Whedon cut. Basically apparently a lot was on the cutting room floor after the Whedon cut version came out.

Also it seems to be bringing back the plot that was cut from the Whedon version of Darkseid coming to Earth as the big bad.