Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I never thought they were bad in their roles. I did doubt Batfleck as first, but he ended up being solid, and that scene in Batman vs Superman where he rescues Martha(WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!) was one of the most badass Batman moments in film.
Honestly I'd rather they keep them on and replace everyone else if they're going to continue the DCEU.
Actually the one thing I'm looking forward to the most with this movie is Ray Fisher's Cyborg since he was one of the actors who was championing the Snyder Cut the most.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm ready to give it a pass just so I don't have to see Joker Letho again.
I can't really comment on Suicide Squad as I haven't seen it, but even with Letho Joker I find it hard to imagine it'd be more unbearable to sit through than Batman v. Superman and from the looks of it Snyder's Justice League.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Isn't he in the movie? didn't they bring him and batfleck back for reshoots?
OK I am convinced none of you watched the trailer as soon as it came out.

YES Silentpony, Jerad Leto Joker is in the Justice League movie. He was shown at the end of the trailer1613503791674.png

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
It.. it's so grey. It's so immeasurably grey.:eek:
Pretty sure Snyder is planning to release an actual Black and White version of the movie somewhere along the line. A few movies have done it and I never got it. Mad Max: Fury Road, Logan... I don't think removing colour from it has ever made a movie look better.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Here's your colors:

Do you feel better now?
Do I feel better looking at the work of Alex Ross - an artist held in almost God-like esteem for the sheer quality he’s produced for both houses - than the Snyder aesthetic? Fuck yeah I do.

Pro-tip, if you want to mock people for wanting colour in their superhero works, using Alex Ross is a bit of an own goal.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
YES Silentpony, Jerad Leto Joker is in the Justice League movie. He was shown at the end of the trailerView attachment 3068
He looks like Marilyn Manson meets washed up Edward Furlong. Brilliant.
Snyder's Justice League looks like shit. The fact that Joker Letho is in it just pushes it way over the edge for me. He's the absolute worst part in a movie that is never good and whatever Suicide Squad tried to do with the Joker, it absolutely butchered the character.
You telling me you don't think that 'damaged' tattoo makes him look super legit? :)
Pretty sure Snyder is planning to release an actual Black and White version of the movie somewhere along the line. A few movies have done it and I never got it. Mad Max: Fury Road, Logan... I don't think removing colour from it has ever made a movie look better.
I have been tempted to check out the black and white version of Fury Road, but I can't say the movie as is has left me wanting visually in any regard, so if it ain't broke...

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This college girl is head over heels and she's being toyed with an older adult.

Him screwing around and being noncommittal with Wonder Woman? Fine. Wonder Woman isn't a child.
Neither is Barbara. She's an adult, allowed to make her own decisions, and in that clip, as described by Barbara herself, she clearly was the one initiating everything. With Bruce being so reclusive and "married to the job" that she probably had to literally throw herself at him, probably using MMA techniques to get him to realize she was trying to bone him. And he reluctantly agreed. And it was very likely something that only happened after years of trying to get him into her. I mean come on, Bruce is a poster case for "fear of emotional attachments" That was in fact, exactly why Barbara said she left. He is terrified of making any relationship connections with anyone, for fear of losing them like his parents, and possibly also at least one Robin (depending on the canon of the series in question), so he keeps them at arms length. But Barbs, an ADULT, fully capable of making her own relationship decisions, good and bad, decided to hook up with him.

Sorry but I just can't buy calling someone in college, a "child". This isn't a pedo case, it's not like Bruce walked up to her in the batcave and was like "you know, you'd really make some progress in this vigilante criminal crime fighter business, if you showed up to work showing some more leg sweetheart." Does anyone really think it went down that way? Given how Bruce is always portrayed as far as emotions? Come on. She probably had to set it up like that britney spears parody video, just to get Bruce to realize she was into him.

And like all of his relationships, it goes well for a while, but his alter ego always wins out over stable love life, and so they break up in some manner.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
It.. it's so grey. It's so immeasurably grey.:eek:
Excessive desaturation has been a hallmark of the Snyder aesthetic since 300. Fucker even made Watchmen look washed out for some reason, despite how vivid the colours in the original comic were.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Neither is Barbara. She's an adult, allowed to make her own decisions, and in that clip, as described by Barbara herself, she clearly was the one initiating everything. With Bruce being so reclusive and "married to the job" that she probably had to literally throw herself at him, probably using MMA techniques to get him to realize she was trying to bone him. And he reluctantly agreed. And it was very likely something that only happened after years of trying to get him into her. I mean come on, Bruce is a poster case for "fear of emotional attachments" That was in fact, exactly why Barbara said she left. He is terrified of making any relationship connections with anyone, for fear of losing them like his parents, and possibly also at least one Robin (depending on the canon of the series in question), so he keeps them at arms length. But Barbs, an ADULT, fully capable of making her own relationship decisions, good and bad, decided to hook up with him.

Sorry but I just can't buy calling someone in college, a "child". This isn't a pedo case, it's not like Bruce walked up to her in the batcave and was like "you know, you'd really make some progress in this vigilante criminal crime fighter business, if you showed up to work showing some more leg sweetheart." Does anyone really think it went down that way? Given how Bruce is always portrayed as far as emotions? Come on. She probably had to set it up like that britney spears parody video, just to get Bruce to realize she was into him.

And like all of his relationships, it goes well for a while, but his alter ego always wins out over stable love life, and so they break up in some manner.
Legally an adult is not the same as being an adult. I'm not making the case of Pedophilia. I don't think anyone should.

I think that Barbara's life is stunted. If she just went off to college, she was a teenager putting her life at risk all the time. At the exact time when most people are prone to doing stupid things and creating attachments from their Pie in The Sky ideals. Hell, if we link the two and consider it canon, Older Barbara admits how stupid it all is in Batman Beyond.

Any deviations of what is considered a 'normal upbringing' can lead to deviant attachments and misconstrued outlooks. Batman took over as a surrogate father because she sure as hell listened to him more than she listened to Commissioner Gordon.

Hell, this isn't Canon, but this is a hell of a much more believable reaction to Gordon finding out that Barbara even just WORKED for Batman.

And if we want to look at Bruce and what he's a poster case for... let's look on the other side. Tim and Dick are the only one who's come away relatively unscathed and even Dick has crippling issues living under Batman's shadow. Oracle is... Oracle now. Jason Todd is the Red hood. Stephanie Died but there's that whole "never really a Robin" angle.

Cassandra Cain and Damien are not his fault.

Let me be clear. I don't think Barbara's a frail little creature that needs to be protected. The fact that she's Batgirl obviously proves that's not the case. But Bruce took on a Mentorship role. He should have known better. He should have not let it get to that place.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Do I feel better looking at the work of Alex Ross - an artist held in almost God-like esteem for the sheer quality he’s produced for both houses - than the Snyder aesthetic? Fuck yeah I do.

Pro-tip, if you want to mock people for wanting colour in their superhero works, using Alex Ross is a bit of an own goal.
It wasn't done out of mockery mind you. Because I share his enthusiasm for the classic look of DC heroes, if I wanted to show off color as a mockery, I would have shown any other typical DC thing or show an example of color in one of the DC movies.

But this is Alex Fucking Ross.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Excessive desaturation has been a hallmark of the Snyder aesthetic since 300. Fucker even made Watchmen look washed out for some reason, despite how vivid the colours in the original comic were.
I never understood the mindset of how that art style always invoke "gritty" and "realism". It's a style I was never fond and something I hated in the late 2000s and part of the early 2010s. You know something is wrong when Dawn of the Dead (2004) has more color variety than all of his films, post 300 combined.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I never really saw Watchmen the comic as a very "good looking" comic book with its art.

I always thought it was a bit on the ugly side of things.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I never understood the mindset of how that art style always invoke "gritty" and "realism". It's a style I was never fond and something I hated in the late 2000s and part of the early 2010s. You know something is wrong when Dawn of the Dead (2004) has more color variety than all of his films, post 300 combined.
The desaturated colours made sense in 300, since 300 the comic is all cool browns and reds, and he actually replicated it's colour palette very well. The weird thing is that he then apparently decided that's how all his films should look, even in Watchmen where he otherwise generally took very great care to replicate the look of the comic.