BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fuck YES.

And he's directly adapting from the Manga, so no Original content.
The series is dark enough as it is. I really don't need him screwing this up. And keep in mind, I'm not that big of a berserk fan.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
....I've never read Berserk but....I'm guessing that's pretty much what the source material is right?
More so Guts, the main character, but that's mainly after the Golden age arc. Most of the other characters actually talk normally. A majority of them are not growling at each other.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
More so Guts, the main character, but that's mainly after the Golden age arc. Most of the other characters actually talk normally. A majority of them are not growling at each other.
Wow, you'd never know that from all the meme's about that series. It's nothing but blood and pain, and typical anime growly mcsternface protagonist shots. In fact, most of the memes point out how grim and brutal it is, by contrasting it to other things that are considered dark. So I assumed it was nothing but blood and angst. Which frankly, would fit Zack's style pretty well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wow, you'd never know that from all the meme's about that series. It's nothing but blood and pain, and typical anime growly mcsternface protagonist shots. In fact, most of the memes point out how grim and brutal it is, by contrasting it to other things that are considered dark. So I assumed it was nothing but blood and angst. Which frankly, would fit Zack's style pretty well.
The series has genuine moments of levity and humanity. It's not always constant grim and dark. I don't want Zack Snyder messing that up. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the series, but I do respect the series. Tje reason why I never kept up because this series has been running since the late 80s andd is still going.

Reactions: happyninja42

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The series has genuine moments of levity and humanity. It's not always constant grim and dark. I don't want Zack Snyder messing that up. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the series, but I do respect the series. Tje reason why I never kept up because this series has been running since the late 80s andd is still going.
This will prove if Snyder can handle those moments.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This will prove if Snyder can handle those moments.
I don't trust him enough on that. He has a habit of either going overboard with the darkness or missing the point. I'll defend Man of Steel to hell and back, but everything else I'm either mixed on, find average, or don't care.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, he missed the whole-ass point with Watchman.

We gotta stop having "haha funny joke"s with stuff like this. The universe loves "haha funny joke"s

Reactions: BrawlMan