Zelda Boss Reveals Skyward Sword Details

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Lord Beautiful said:
Interesting. I'm sold regardless, but I look forward to seeing what comes of this. Perhaps Link will acquire a legion of fangirls that he may manipulate as he pleases, possibly in the style of Ezio in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Link has fangirls!?

Anyway, I want It so badly.

Not this badly, but pretty badly.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
antigodoflife said:
Speakercone said:
Do they really need to market this anymore? All they need to do is say "new Zelda game" and watch people like me make preorders a year in advance :p
Or Two and half years in advance in Twilight Princess's case.

mjc0961 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Players will get to see a lot of Skyloft, as, much like Clock Town in Majora's Mask, it will serve as a hub location for the game, and many of its inhabitants will get caught up in the main story.
Let's just hope that will be the only comparison that can be drawn between this and Majora's Mask, which I consider tied with Phantom Hourglass for my "Worst Zelda Game Ever" award.
Really, it's personally my all time favourite game in my all time favourite video game series. So technically with that it should be my favourite game of all time... hmm...

mjc0961 said:
Paragon Fury said:
Nah, Link-Fry does:
Hehehe (immature giggles)
Fusioncode9 said:
Damn with the 50$ I'm going to spend on the game and the extra 40$ for Wii motion plus, then this game is going to set me back 90$.
And that's still $20 less, I as an Australian have to pay for just the game. Now just remember the Australian Dollar is something on the lines of USD$1.01, so really you have nothing to complain about besides the fact that NTSC is an inferior system to PAL. Now, not to say that PAL is twice as expensive as NTSC, it's not. England use PAL and they spend around £30 - £35 on a new game which is more or less what The Americas pay for games. So, to repeat my statement, you have nothing to complain about.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Now on to business.

What... a high school drama, really. God. Please, Miyamoto, if I wanted this I'd play Persona on mute with Zelda music over the top so I wouldn't have to deal with Persona's atrocious soundtrack. The other major concern is the item system, if you have the interesting items at the start, and by God you better obtain these items in traditional Zelda fashion, wouldn't that make the items in the later levels lackluster, dull and anticlimactic, like the Wand of Gamelon in Twilight Princess.

Oh and I think I can speak for others as well as myself when I say, give us an interesting instrument and some classics to be to play, nothing like wolf howling in TP and Wind Waking in Wind Waker. They weren't very memorable or good... Now I know you forgot this in Metroid: Other M, but fanfare is good, without it adventure games feel empty and uninviting, please don't forget the fanfare and the other staple Zelda music.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
Am I the only one who enjoys zelda because it is a nice relaxing simple story with simple graphics and simple playstyle? It's like books, some authors I buy because they challenge my mind. Some authors I buy because they relax it. I like zelda because of its simplicity -- while great graphics and a deep story wouldn't hurt it, it's not something I want just for the sake of having.

As for the high school thing, that's a wait and see sort of deal. So many ways that could be implemented, no sense getting huffy about it now.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Genixma said:
. . . . . . . .so. It's not Ganon for once?

the Demon Lords are being controlled by Ganon?

Either way. You still do not have my money.
it's ganon.

don't worry.

it's gonna play out like- OH HEY new evil bad guy! look at how evil he is ! time to stop him oh wait something's happening after i beat him OH NOOOOOOES HE WORKED GANON NOW GANONS HERE AND I HAVE TO BEAT HIM 'CAUSE HE'S SUPER POWERFUL AND SUPER EVIL!

honestly, i would be disappointed if it doesn't go along the lines of that.

but anywho, game sounds good. if the guy is like dark link, do i just need to stab him three times with the biggoron sword to win?

also this "highschool drama" thing is a little.... unsettling for me.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Snoozer said:
So the fist part sound pretty ... boring. School drama, really?
I hope they don't try and give Link too much of a personality there. Link is a good character simply because you don't know that much about him. He hasn't even real dialog lines in the games so far. But you can't make a really good game if you don't take risks.
Looking forward to a new Zelda game for console, the latest Ds titels were a bit disappointing.
Link tends to have quite a bit of personality for a silent protagonist, especially in the 3D titles. The way his close friends or family treat him, his reaction to Daurnia or Midna... He even seems a bit of a troublemaker in Link's Awakening, from the way you can be a thief, or how he tries to get to first base with Marin.
If they keep his personality defined by a handful of facial expressions and others' reactions, they won't really mess him up.

Dr. McD said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Elesar said:
Am I the only one who thinks that screenshot just LOOKS awful?
You aren't alone, mate. Looks like an original Xbox game.
If I were you I'd be less concerned about the graphics and more concerned about the boss Link's fighting. It looks like a final fantasy villain.
He's really not that bad. I mean, its a cell-shaded game, and he's prolly not the big bad anyhow.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
So they're trying to rip off Persona now.

Except they managed to miss the involving and deep characters, the relateable problems and the ability to date people, leaving us with precisely nothing people actually like about the school sections of Persona. Lovely.
I think maybe it'd be best to hold off judgement until you play the game, or at least hear a full review of it. I know you probably didn't mean to, but this comment is just going to incite a LOT of zelda fan rage.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
So they're trying to rip off Persona now.

Except they managed to miss the involving and deep characters, the relateable problems and the ability to date people, leaving us with precisely nothing people actually like about the school sections of Persona. Lovely.
It's like they're trying to rip it off while being nothing like Persona. Those bastards!

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Japanified even further with the school setting. Not that that's a bad thing, though, all depends on how it plays out.

I'm really just happy to see Nintendo trying to innovate with one of its titles and change things up, instead of just rehashing similar stories and such.

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
Gotta love seeing some people here jump on the hate wagon. You would think Wind Waker would've shown them that seemingly child-like settings can hide deep, meaningful stories.

Also, for those of you saying "Nah, Ganon is gonna be the baddie"
It was confirmed that this is before OoT, which means, this is before Ganondorf's rise to power. In other words: No string pulling from him, maybe a cameo, but no string pulling.

~Efrit

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
That article says said:
Zelda isn't royalty in Skyward Sword, instead being Link's classmate and childhood friend.
...Until it turns out she WAS royalty all along.

What? Aw, come on. It happens in every game! I'm looking at you, Wind Waker. >_>

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Zelda the adventure of a kid who can't decide if he wants to have blonde or brown hair as he travels the world to save some girl from an evil force who was actually working for Ganon.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
cthulhumythos said:
Genixma said:

it's ganon.

don't worry.

it's gonna play out like- OH HEY new evil bad guy! look at how evil he is ! time to stop him oh wait something's happening after i beat him OH NOOOOOOES HE WORKED GANON NOW GANONS HERE AND I HAVE TO BEAT HIM 'CAUSE HE'S SUPER POWERFUL AND SUPER EVIL!

but anywho, game sounds good. if the guy is like dark link, do i just need to stab him three times with the biggoron sword to win?

For once in a Zelda game, I'm doubtful the main villain would be Ganon.
Skyward Sword takes place in the past, before the Master Sword came into being.

By this time, Ganon is either A)Not born yet, or B) Young, but not evil yet.

Windwaker and Ocarina of Time have both shown that Ganon is still mostly mortal, needing to age and what not.

Personally, I would think it to be quite the interesting twist if Skyward Sword Link meets up with a young Ganondorf, and ends up accidentally setting Ganon up for the path of evil.

Also, that highschool drama thing probably won't be a really big deal. It's only the beginning of the game. The majority will still be dungeon related adventuring.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Twilight.falls said:
cthulhumythos said:
Genixma said:

it's ganon.

don't worry.

For once in a Zelda game, I'm doubtful the main villain would be Ganon.
Skyward Sword takes place in the past, before the Master Sword came into being.

By this time, Ganon is either A)Not born yet, or B) Young, but not evil yet.

Windwaker and Ocarina of Time have both shown that Ganon is still mostly mortal, needing to age and what not.

Personally, I would think it to be quite the interesting twist if Skyward Sword Link meets up with a young Ganondorf, and ends up accidentally setting Ganon up for the path of evil.

Also, that highschool drama thing probably won't be a really big deal. It's only the beginning of the game. The majority will still be dungeon related adventuring.
I JUST REALIZED!

this is said to be a highschool drama setting, GANON'S GOING TO BE THE JOCK!

it almost makes too much sense.