Zelda: Breath of The Wild Back on Track For March Launch in NA, EU Fate Unknown

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Zelda: Breath of The Wild Back on Track For March Launch in NA, EU Fate Unknown

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1372/1372234.jpg
Zelda: Breath of The Wild's NA and Japanese release date has been confirmed for March, though its fate in Europe is still uncertain.

Back in November we official Amazon release date) [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168832-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Will-Reportedly-Miss-Nintendo-Switch-Launch#&gid=gallery_6622&pid=1] claims that while the North American and Japanese release of the game are back on track for March, 2017, the fate of the European version of the game is still uncertain.

So what is going on? Well, according to the original report, the reason for the delay was because the game was still to go through a lengthy period of quality assurance testing and localisation - necessary due to the game's vast size, scope and sandbox nature. Additionally, the European version of the game had to be translated into several additional languages. Eurogamer's source is now claiming that Japanese executives want the Switch to have the strongest possible launch lineup, at least in Japan and NA.

[gallery=6756]

So what does this mean for the European release? One of three things. Either it will simply launch later in the year, as it requires a lot more time for translation and testing, Nintendo will pool all of its resources to ensure it launches alongside the other versions of the game, or the game will launch in Europe with only English available, and have other languages patched in.

We've reached out to Nintendo of Europe for comment.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-05-whats-going-on-with-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-release-date]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
"Scrounges up money to buy a cheap, but decent enough Wii-U."

Now what else does the Wii-U have?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Super Mario Bros. U (Well I don't have a NSMB game on the DS/WII/3DS so the Wii-U is the pinnicle)
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

Decent enough to make a Library.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Samtemdo8 said:

Now else what does the Wii-U have?

Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Super Mario Bros. U (Well I don't have a NSMB game on the DS/WII/3DS so the Wii-U is the pinnicle)
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

What no Bayonetta 2?

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

3D world is better than NSMB U, and so is Mario Maker at that rate.

Smash and Kart are pretty good too, Splatoon is pretty sweet as well.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Heard good thing about Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Pokken Tournament too.

OT: Hopefully they're throwing more resources at it instead of doing the AAA thing of releasing it broken.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Veldie said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

What no Bayonetta 2?
SmashBros
MarioKart
Splat00n
Wonderful101
Those four are in my opinion good games missing from the list.

I liked ZombiU also, even if I am no fan of horror games.
And then all the ports of old games like Darksiders2, SplinterCell, DeusEx, Batman and so on if you haven't played those.
Then there is of course the Eshop which you can buy titles from the NES, SNES, N64 and Wii eras and Indie titles.

The WiiU will not give you a vast library like the other two consoles, but it will be worth the purchase in my opinion when I look back at my 5 years with the console.

On Topic:
Now just to wait for January 12th or when it was that Nintendo holds it Switch announcment to start pondering on if I should buy this new thing or not.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Michael Legault said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

3D world is better than NSMB U, and so is Mario Maker at that rate.

Smash and Kart are pretty good too, Splatoon is pretty sweet as well.
I don't like the gamplay style of 3D World because to me its a lesser version of Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy 3D games.

And I feel like playing a 2D game and I don't want to make my own levels.

Guffe said:
Veldie said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

What no Bayonetta 2?
SmashBros
MarioKart
Splat00n
Wonderful101
Those four are in my opinion good games missing from the list.

I liked ZombiU also, even if I am no fan of horror games.
And then all the ports of old games like Darksiders2, SplinterCell, DeusEx, Batman and so on if you haven't played those.
Then there is of course the Eshop which you can buy titles from the NES, SNES, N64 and Wii eras and Indie titles.

The WiiU will not give you a vast library like the other two consoles, but it will be worth the purchase in my opinion when I look back at my 5 years with the console.

On Topic:
Now just to wait for January 12th or when it was that Nintendo holds it Switch announcment to start pondering on if I should buy this new thing or not.
Regarding the other suggestions.

1. I completely forgot about Donkey Kong, Smash Bros Wii-U and Bayonetta 2.

2. Eh Mario Kart is just Mario Kart. But if it is cheap enough I may get it along with Mario Maker and 3D World.

3. Don't care for Splat00n and Wonderful101.

4. I prefer playing Left 4 Dead or DayZ over ZombieU

5.Some of those games like Darksiders 2 are on PC right now.

6.I use Emulators for the Pre Nintendo 64 games.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Tanis said:
^Don't forget Wind Waker HD!

And..uh..hmm...
I prefer my original Gamecube version. But Twilight Princess HD comes with perks like putting a Ganon Amibo makes the game harder with enemies dealing more damage.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So Europe may end up getting screwed once again. I'm not at all surprised.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Tanis said:
^Don't forget Wind Waker HD!

And..uh..hmm...
I prefer my original Gamecube version. But Twilight Princess HD comes with perks like putting a Ganon Amibo makes the game harder with enemies dealing more damage.
Wind Waker HD has Hero mode from the start, no Ganon figure required. Also, the Triforce fetch quest was reworked a bit. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

OT: Sucks for Europe. I hope they don't decide to stagger the release here.