Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
That ending caught me so totally by surprise...I laughed for ages!

Love the subliminal messaging too. And the soap box. No-one soap boxes like Yahtzee.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Any idiot could see that .50: BotS would be bad. I mean, anything rappers have done has been bad since 1989.

Yahtzee, if you read this, please do a review next week that you want to do completely on a whim.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
Holy crap that ending caught me off guard. The speech at the beginning and the subliminal "NOT RACIST" messages seemed like a cheap way of adding humor while also preventing "OMG U R SO RASIST" e-mails, but it was really a very long build-up to the hilarious end joke. Well done.

thesillyoldbear

Dec 5, 2008
Anyone see Sean Noonan from Midway games tweet about Yahtzee?

http://twitter.com/Aneurexorcyst/status/1349515209

"2:00pm EST: Zero Punctuation appears to have gotten worse in the few months I stopped listening. The guy is an idiot."

And don't flame me, I'm just reposting it.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
haha, I see Yahtzee managed to dig up a photo of himself with a non-white person. Wonder how much time was spent searching for that one?

thesillyoldbear said:
Anyone see Sean Noonan from Midway games tweet about Yahtzee?

http://twitter.com/Aneurexorcyst/status/1349515209

"2:00pm EST: Zero Punctuation appears to have gotten worse in the few months I stopped listening. The guy is an idiot."

And don't flame me, I'm just reposting it.
Opinions stated on Twitter don't count as actual opinions.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
The final bit was side-splitting hilarious. Even the parts before it where he mentions a world where everyone makes fun of each other and everyone laughs is the honest truth, not to mention desperately necessary.

I am not a racist... I do make racist jokes though. You'd have to know me most likely to know that it's just that: jokes. I'm of Middle-Eastern decent and frequently make jokes about my heritage, especially around my co-workers because I enjoy making uptight white people uncomfortable. I try to make fun of everyone though, just so no one feels left out. ;)

DangerousNewb said:
Yes yes, Hip Hop aint what it used to be.
Indeed it is not and this is coming from predominant Heavy Metal fan. That being said, I vastly prefer the work of Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Ice-T & Body Count, Digital Underground, Fat Boys, Public Enemy, and NWA while modern "artists" like 50 Cent can go parachute into the nearest Iraq-based mine field for all I care.

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
...I'm actually surprised this game got off so easy. Would have thought Yahtzee would rip it to shreds. I mean, come on... All this is, really, is 50 Cent being a 14-year-old. Yeah, let's release a game, starring me, where I, um, I go into the Middle East, yeah, and kill a whole bunch of everyone so I can get my bling back. Yes! Possibly the most retarded premise for a game ever.

I find it so sad that the gaming industry went the same way as the music industry: ridiculous, uncreative, high-budget bullshit gets published and makes a killing, while bedroom indie developers on a shoestring make epic works of art that go completely unnoticed by most everyone.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
not your funniest review but that ending joke had me in stitches. I likes your subliminal "not racist" pictures.

Ihateyazhee

Mar 19, 2009
What the hell is wrong with you all??? "The last bit was hysterical"? WHAT THE FUCK You laugh constantly for a fuckin damn racist joke you dumb fucks go fuck yourselves you damn racists!!!

Ihateyazhee

Mar 19, 2009
I swear to god every dumb fuck thinks making a black joke is funny???? Dumb fucks lucky i dont know in real life oh it would be on

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
Ihateyazhee said:
What the hell is wrong with you all??? "The last bit was hysterical"? WHAT THE FUCK You laugh constantly for a fuckin damn racist joke you dumb fucks go fuck yourselves you damn racists!!!
I see what you did there, if you fail at logic hard enough it might come round and make some sense. :eek:

crimped

Feb 3, 2008
LMFAO!!!!!! horrid game, absolute spot on review!
throwing my hat in... i loved the last joke too!!!