Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Mazty said:
Hahahaha really funny, and amazing ending.
50 Cent games suck....Big surprise...
Seriously though, by expanding his view, I thought Yahztee would have meant talking about multiplayer and playing mainstream, big titles, like Resistance 2, or other large titles. AS much as I'm for laughs, it is kind of pointless reviewing a blatant turd of a game.
I think you completely miss out the point of his videos... or do you want to tell me you take them as serious reviews instead of just funny vids?

Anyways, didn't laugh about this one too much, but I liked it a lot.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
DangerousNewb said:
Yes yes, Hip Hop aint what it used to be.
i wasnt aware it was ever good... anywho that review was awesome, not laughed as hard at a ZP for a while now :p nice ending :)

Sargoto

Oct 22, 2008
I was rather shocked to see this is the game of this week, i had been going on about how terrible i think it is that someone who just has some money decides to buy a game because its a cheaper marketing gimmick then doing concerts or anything else.

I suppose the thing that really bothered me about this games release was, up until a few months ago there was no news at all coming out from the 50cent camp about anything. Granted i was not looking for it but typically when a raper or anyone else that is a celebrity is doing well they are everywhere.

Then with his release date fast approaching suddenly he was on stage at the spike video game awards doing a concert with screen shots from his upcoming game. Interviews talking about how he feels this game teaches the youths good morale values. As well as saying he did more for the development process then just saying, "some guy stole my skull, and i want it back."

At least now i know that it is a ridiculously bad game, that does not deserve the time of day. To you i say Bravo Yahtzee Croshaw Bravo.

Chiefwakka

Mar 18, 2009
This is definitely one of my favorite ZP's now. The subliminal messaging made the ending just that much more epic.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
The "not racist" picture that kept coming up through the video was funny, the ending was especially hilarious to me too lol.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Isn't this an hour earlier then usual... Also the only laughs I got were from the disclaimer about not being racist, and then about how "they wouldn't know anything about work the N". Still apart from that wasn't hugely funny in my mind. I think I have been desensitized to Yahtzee and all his jokes.

Northover32

Aug 29, 2008
<<<Not Racist haha took so long to pause it at the right time.

that last part was just like the southpark with Mr. Garrison when they scare all the black people out of town... haha if you've seen it you'll understand.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Actually, that game is not that terrible. It's not Half Life 2, but it's not Timeshift...

And even Yahtzee said so. You want mindless shooter - go ahead, try it. Unless you don't like 50 Cent, that is, you are intelligent.

Oh, the last part "Those lazy nig..." made me chuckle.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
SoupsMan said:
Oh Yahtzee, I hope you have donned your flame retardant suit, commenting on racial/social situations is always bad news. Nice subliminal picture there.

Though I must say, your ending leaves something, like the sentence needs to be fini
He is mocking 50 Cent on The Escapist. Few here are going to flame him I assure you.

soniccaraway

Nov 3, 2008
I truly don't get why he would even waste his time reviewing this game. I really don't understand him, he reams the crap out of games are that are either good or great, but he can play a mediocre game or even bad game like this that deserves it and he can only say two or three bad things about it. I think he needs to have written somewhere, something like what AVGN has, that he mainly focuses on the bad aspects of games and that he actually likes some of the games he bags on, because if he really feels exactly how he says he does in these videos, then what is he doing playing games?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Some how I get the subliminally influenced feeling that Yahtzee is not a racist. I wonder where that came from.

Also, I wonder if he'll actually catch any flack for that last little comment/non comment at the end.

It'll be funny to see if any controversy arises from it.

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
LOL "not that they would know anything about work, the lazy ni...*cut*"
yahtzee that killed be you racist bastard

i agree with the whole " only a world where you can make fun of anything without being annoyed by selfrigheous cheesy pricks (ie everyone on the escapist except me because im AWESOME) would be totaly unprejudiced" not that anyone would give shit

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
*collapses laughing* Brilliant, Yahtzee! Absolutely hilarious. Especially that end bit. And I like your CoD4 theory.