Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

cyrad

Dec 24, 2008
Nice. You're quite right about the parts you were serious about. If people just learned to reflect and laugh about themselves occasionally rather than worry whether every little unsavory comment is motivated by racism, the world would be a better place.

I don't know much about 50 Cent, but every piece of media about him leaves an impression on me that it's just a massive childish ego trip. The media has him playing as HIMSELF that supposed to make him look like a hero when he's just a rapper. Sure, Chuck Norris was pretty egotistical with Walker Texas Ranger but at least he was playing a CHARACTER, not as himself, and Chuck Norris is an expert martial artist. Besides, his highly goal oriented attitude and personal code for having faith in others makes him a good role model. What kind of role model 50 Cent trying to convey? Make a bunch of foul mouthed music while showing off you can shoot unarmed people and become rich, highly materialistic snob?

Plus, anyone get the impression that 50 Cent contracted THQ to make these games for only himself and not others to play?

Connors M.C

Jul 3, 2008
Like how your hugging a man of a diffrent race (can't say which race it is in fear of being clamed wrong/racist) it does push the point home just that little bit extra.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
HAHAHAH OH NO HE DI-INT!!!

that was a great one. :)

please let there be at least one black person who gets generally offended by this review... PLEASE!!!

it would only make the "Not Racist" subliminal messages in the review all the more funny

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
hopeneverdies said:
hsb said:
I lol'ed at the ending, funny review, also why did 50 Cent want to make two games about him shooting people? Doesnt he do that enough in his songs..by songs i mean speaking really fast with music in the background xD
You mean lip singing really fast with someone else speaking and music in the background? Seriously a lot of the artists (really stretching the term for a lot of people) lipsing.
i think you mean lip "syncing", but it's all the same difference

goldsphinxxx

Mar 16, 2009
AHAHAHAAH you have got to be kidding me! This is going to be such a one sided review. It was obvious and hilarious that after 50 cent the movie the game came out (which was also obvious and hilarious) that they would have to release another one. Problem is, is that the 50 cent fanboy well has run a little dry, however they will find some salvation at the fact that achievement cravers, REVIEWERS looking for an easy review (teehee) and people who just want to laugh and gawk at the game will accompany the fanboy's purchases so maybe this game might actually sell.

Note: I still am looking forward to watching this review because all of your reviews are random, spunky and fun to watch.

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
archwiccan said:
this was a smart episode. It wasn't overly funny right until the very last 2 seconds, i wonder what would have happened if he didn't cut himself off in the video?
yeah but don't forget that in the "Uncharted" review there was a character wearing an "I Hate N*****s" billboard for a shirt

thelaughingman

Feb 4, 2009
Mr0llivand3r said:
archwiccan said:
this was a smart episode. It wasn't overly funny right until the very last 2 seconds, i wonder what would have happened if he didn't cut himself off in the video?
yeah but don't forget that in the "Uncharted" review there was a character wearing an "I Hate N*****s" billboard for a shirt
True, but I think that was meant to be a reference to Die Hard with a Vengence

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
kaziard said:
Goldbling said:
kaziard said:
DangerousNewb said:
Yes yes, Hip Hop aint what it used to be.
i wasnt aware it was ever good... anywho that review was awesome, not laughed as hard at a ZP for a while now :p nice ending :)
Har har har, I hate when people talk about rap music then wonder why a black kid beats them up... seriously you dont see me going around talking about rock or country or whatever you listin to
ok well that was an interesting post 1. i dont need to wonder why i got beaten up seeing as i dont get into fights of trivial differences between peoples tastes 2. why would it be "a black kid" last time i looked any music could be enjoyed by anyone quit beeing ignorant 3. feel free to speak yer mind about metal im not insecure enough to be riled by any insults against it and last dont be so sensitive
Being a bystander in this exchange, I have to say:

I -do- agree that alternative rap/hip-hop is actually very good, and requires a lot of talent and writing-skill. See, this is how I would've phrased a counter-argument here. However, eh..."Goldbling" here (note the irony, with the username?) is only really (unfortunately) reinforcing the stereotypes that he shouldn't be.

1. Reinforcing the stereotype that Black people beat others up
2. Reinforcing that Blacks deploy reverse racism against Whites
3. Reinforcing that they are less educated, and more likely to react violently to things they don't like

When I was at University, I dormed with Black suitemates, and they were -anything- but these stereotypes here. They also shared with me the beauty of alternative hip-hop which requires so much more thought than the mainstream crud that's on the radio/TV.

So no. Just no

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Hehehehe very funny, excellently executed, and genuinely the most epic thing this week as far. Really great review, the end had me in stitches.

How long will the asinine internet arguments last this time? 500 posts, 1000 posts or will it beat SSBB and reach 2000 posts. The race for utter inanity is on. Release the velociraptors!

Heh, RAPtors.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
I think Yahtzee's comments about this games are true for the hip-hop genre as a whole, it's not the product itself, but the attitude taken towards creating it that makes so musch of it a waste of time.

I spent so much time trying to read those subliminal messages. Very funny.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
SoupsMan said:
Oh Yahtzee, I hope you have donned your flame retardant suit, commenting on racial/social situations is always bad news. Nice subliminal picture there.

Though I must say, your ending leaves something, like the sentence needs to be fini
Yeah, it was almost like he said Candlejack or something.

The subliminal messages were hilari

AndresCL

Feb 2, 2009
The ending was just priceless, it also reminds me of "The Sopranos"

This just made my day, great video Yahtzee

P.S: I always need to pause the video so i can read the finl comments on it
P.S: Still, i think i forgot someth...

That Bastard Tony

Mar 18, 2009
I knew in the back of my mind that if you reviewed this game this would happen.

I'm black (like that can be verified online but who cares) and I found the review funny as hell. I bought the game on day 1 because (1) I am a Fiffy fan and (2) the game got good reviews practically across the board. Right now, it is one of my favorite games because of the gameplay, the online co-op and the attitude. Seriously, the story alone is so ridiculous that there is no other way you can take it except as comedy and the in-game scenarios have been the only time that I've ever laughed out loud while playing a game. The game isn't obviously for everyone, but it is still better than most movie tie-ins.

Keep up the great work Ben and don't let anybody (black, white or ChiaPet) keep you from speaking your mind.