Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm officially jealous of Yahtzee's internet celebrity status. I got myself in trouble for a similar kind of sarcasm over the whole RE-5 racism debate on Gamefaqs. One of the few times I've ever gotten in "trouble" like that (3 day limited posting privleges).

Maybe I need my own internet gaming show

This was seriously funny overall, and reminds me of the same style he used when "knocking" Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for being racist (albeit in reverse).

Makes me wonder where he'll come down on "Resident Evil 5" if he ever reviews it. Though honestly I expect a RE 5 review to be an unprecedented roast since while it's a pretty good game, it is not without some substantial flaws. I'm looking back at the job he did on the "Umbrella Chronicles" and while a differant type of game here (to an extent) I can see Yahtzee's comments on innovation, story problems, etc... Plus both "Umbrella Chronicles" and "Resident Evil 5" portrayed themselves as a sort of *ahem* celebration of the game's storyline, and we all know his take on that.

Still, great review, I haben't laughed this hard for a while. :)

It's especially amusing when you consider that he knocks "rappers" for being a group of jerks, yet at the same time he seems to imply he worships anti-social misanthropes in his other reviews. Saint's Row 2 also being Yahtzee's game of the year for 2008. :p

Well enough rambling, still like 4 days to go until another Yahtzee fix.

>>>---Therumancer--->

Caedis

Mar 22, 2009
Freaking Hilarious! You know, today in the middle of Springfield MO. there was a group of like 15 guys waving flags for some Nazi group. They were wearing swastikas and army boots, with shaved heads and everything. I lol'd and called out Jesus Loves you as we drove by ;)

Yahtzee, I have to tell you... Killzone 2 single player content does suck very much, but that game was designed for online play! You need to lighten up on KZ 2, get online with some friends and see who can head shot who the most ;) It is like the best Multiplayer FPS I have played since... L4D actually =)

Captnhaggis

Feb 22, 2009
You know, I come on this site to get a few laughs every wednesday, and yahtzee always delivers. And for a long time I took his advice on games very seriously, and avoided the titles he didn't like. But recently I've been playing some of the games he disliked (fable 2 and fear 2, notably) and I've realized that he's wrong very, very often. He blasts games for being basically all the same, but many of the titles he dislikes actually have a lot of fresh, new content to offer. I find that by listening to him, I miss some of the best games out there.

It seems my mistake was taking his advice seriously. I'm a little embarrassed that it took me this long to realize this, but these segments are not a serious review. Yahtzee is funny, but he's not really a reviewer. A reviewer has to come from an objective angle as much as possible, and yahtzee can't do that because he is obligated to be funny. And as he's mentioned, it's not funny to like a game. And his reviews ARE funny, but that's mainly because he spends the whole time picking the game in question apart. Thus all objectivity goes out the window, making these segments more akin to parody than review.

I don't know why I'm posting this, really. Guess I just had to get that out of my head.

Safe-Keeper

May 7, 2008
Strongly agree with Captnhaggis. I've played many of the games Yahtzee has reviewed, and while he has a lot of good points, I don't take his reviews very seriously either. He's wrong in my eyes about several things, and also downright dishonest/factually wrong about other things. For example, his gag about the content of the runner bags in Mirror's Edge was good entertainment, but when the game explains to you in the opening cutscene that you're transporting information for the underground dissenters, the joke loses its appeal.

I've really got nothing against Yahtzee twisting things a bit for humor's sake, but he shouldn't be taken 100% seriously and certainly shouldn't be what determines whether or not you buy a game.

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
the lazy ni....
nincompoops?
anyway, as I've now been awarded the alcoholic-shrivelled jar of REGULAR, I feel it is my duty to inform the gaming-review-watching public, that's You The People, that another of the global elite Senator Jay Rockefeller (of the Rockefeller/Rothschild banker families) wants to NUKE the internet [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2009/03/jay-rockefeller-wants-to-nuke-internet.html].

Heads down, lads.

DomoBear

Mar 23, 2009
Yahtzee always makes me laugh but I'm black and I was offended. I know he was just joking but I couldn't find it funny because of how much I've had to deal with racism and stereotyping in my life.

I suppose this just wasn't my review. I thought this game was decent. I rented the first one and it was just terrible. After playing this one I feel like the developers wanted to prove that a brand game can be solid. They succeeded. Not a perfect game but definitely fun to play.

BUG.exe

Mar 11, 2009
great ZP! people get too touchy with race. i'm mexican and i can have fun with it and i've had to deal with racism before in my life.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Safe-Keeper said:
Strongly agree with Captnhaggis. I've played many of the games Yahtzee has reviewed, and while he has a lot of good points, I don't take his reviews very seriously either. He's wrong in my eyes about several things, and also downright dishonest/factually wrong about other things. For example, his gag about the content of the runner bags in Mirror's Edge was good entertainment, but when the game explains to you in the opening cutscene that you're transporting information for the underground dissenters, the joke loses its appeal.

I've really got nothing against Yahtzee twisting things a bit for humor's sake, but he shouldn't be taken 100% seriously and certainly shouldn't be what determines whether or not you buy a game.
He also often complains about games being too easy, when they come with multiple difficulty levels.

Example: Gears 2 he complained how he could just run through the game killing everything with the 'absurdly over-compensatory chainsaw gun' while the Ai team-mates revive you everytime you're downed.

If he tried this tactic on hardcore or insane he wouldn't last 5 seconds.

He is, however, a funny bastard and I laugh out loud every wednsday, even when he tears apart games I love!

Dejske

Mar 23, 2009
G-unit killing al qaeda LOL!!!!!!!
what has the world come down to seriously, 50 cent himself is a big joke, Gunit just as much, and then them killing bad guys.i would only get this game if it has friendly fire,SO i could Shoot fifty a million times,

Dejske

Mar 23, 2009
miracleofsound said:
Safe-Keeper said:

He also often complains about games being too easy, when they come with multiple difficulty levels.

Example: Gears 2 he complained how he could just run through the game killing everything with the 'absurdly over-compensatory chainsaw gun' while the Ai team-mates revive you everytime you're downed.

If he tried this tactic on hardcore or insane he wouldn't last 5 seconds.

He is, however, a funny bastard and I laugh out loud every wednsday, even when he tears apart games I love!
im pretty sure in almost every vidoe at the end he says: if u take this too seriously ur GHEEEEEY

runningfatman

Dec 5, 2008
nice near raciest slur at the end and subliminal picturs dening ur racism man but ne way it made me laff till i alwmost cryed like all of them so good job i guess still not gona play the game tho lol

WaterSnake

Mar 24, 2009
I loved it. The fact that he actually had an intelligible argument rather than "rap is crap" impressed me.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Pluvia said:
What was so good about the ending? It was clearly him trying to disguise his opinion as satire.
Does it really matter? The build up was subtle, the delivery was flawless and I for one laughed my ass off. I've never gotten any bad vibes from Yahtzee's videos, I highly doubt he is in fact racist, but I'd still laugh every time I saw the end of that video even if I found out he is.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Yahtzee is most definitely not a racist :D

I love the subliminal messaging planted all over the video.

What's that? Buy a ZP t-shirt? Okay!