Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

This week, Zero Punctuation takes up the hidden blade, hood and faffing about again.

Watch Video

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Another Sequel subscribing to the "Add a word starting with RE after the title" as in Matrix Revolutions, Dead to Rights: Retribution and indeed Assassin's Creed: Revelations. After this and the DRM thing, can we justt shut down Ubisoft? Or at least stop buying their games :D

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
"Templants vs Zomassassins".

Shh... they might actually do it. =V

This game's one of the disappointments of 2011, it was an unecessary game with very few (and very rushed) additions as well as boring and optional minigames. I honestly got it to just to find out what happened to Lucy, and to play a bit of the MP.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
I'd only get this game for the story and frankly I'm happy to just wait for the price to come down. The "one a year" thing is annoying Ubisoft, don't try it. I still like the idea most of us had when the 2nd game came out. Y'know, that he would be jumping about time to uncover various interlinking conspiracies. I mean hell, the extra faffing wouldn't really be complained about if I could dance atop the half-constructed pyramids of ancient Egypt. They're wasting ideas and plot they could use to pad out other, more interesting settings. Sure people would still complain about them but certainly a lot less.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I must admit, I didn't expect him to say there was a tower defense game.

[small]Or for Yahtzee's profile to have the US flag, but it's probably been like that for ages and I'm the last to find out[/small]

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
I'm not surprised Yahtzee likes the series - it's very different to "the industry norm", and he always likes games for that. One wonders how much he exaggerates the bits he dislikes, though.

MichaelMaverick

Jan 28, 2009
So how about that Serious Sam 3: BFE? Surely you must've finished it by now, if you weren't able to do so for this episode. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it, especially considering you weren't overly optimistic a while ago.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Heh. Gotta love the crossed out Istanbul sign.

Think you needed to add a few more Faff's in there though.

Ryan Boldin

Oct 12, 2011
Ah crap. Someone get him a cappuccino before he kills again!
You know, I'm waiting for Ubi to make a Future Desmond game. Hahaha... All this Assassin's Creed (to quote a phrase) "faffing about" is coming to a head.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Another "fantastic" story featuring Ezio Audacity the Refrigerator.

One of your best vids yet,I congratulate you Mr.Croshaw.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
ShenCS said:
I'd only get this game for the story and frankly I'm happy to just wait for the price to come down. The "one a year" thing is annoying Ubisoft, don't try it. I still like the idea most of us had when the 2nd game came out. Y'know, that he would be jumping about time to uncover various interlinking conspiracies. I mean hell, the extra faffing wouldn't really be complained about if I could dance atop the half-constructed pyramids of ancient Egypt. They're wasting ideas and plot they could use to pad out other, more interesting settings. Sure people would still complain about them but certainly a lot less.
I just wish the story would move on already. Then again, Ubisoft has suggested AC III will be set in 2012, which kills my hopes for AC in ancient China or Japan.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
well hopefully the are done with ezio. i love the character but you can only make an old man do so much. Plus how many times are they going to make him earn the title master assassin. I'm still hoping that ac3 is set in turn of the century England, because i think a Sherlock Holmes style would be a good fit.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Fuck took 45 minutes to watch that vid. This new look sucks, everything is so slow its almost zombiefied. Why change things for the sake of it? Its bullshit. Previous look was far superior and easier to navigate to what you want.

I love the AC games, but i do admit they need to stop stringing out the story, either get the apple or not. But do something new for the next one.

The European

Feb 4, 2009
Well thanks alot for the Brotherhood spoiler, For the love of god say spoiler alert BEFORE the spoiler not after it.