Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed

zerotrace

Oct 3, 2007
Couple of good funny moments, good review.

Still don't think I'll pick it up until the price drops though.

All the hype was what caused the mass e-rioting to occur over the game...Ah well.

blackadvent

Nov 16, 2007
The ending was perfect. I'd give a suggestion for what to review next, but then I'd be a hypocritical twit.

'It's actually fun!' The double-middle finger = priceless.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Having not picked up this game yet (having made the wallet-sensible decision to wait until I'm at least almost done with Mass Effect for adding another game to my shelf to collect dust) I was really hoping we'd see an Assassins Creed video this week.
The review confirms everything bad and good I've heard about this game and has the benefit of being, in my opinion, the funniest review thus far.

Besides which, playing Mass Effect has honed my tolerance for eternally repeating sidequests that still somehow contribute to an awesome whole down to a needle-like point, so I now feel fully prepared to deal with this game.

Darren Grey

Dec 2, 2007
Insightful in parts, but there are many flaws I feel were missed. I think perhaps the reason that some people are so overly negative about the game is because of how terribly overhyped it was. Still, very funny video (I love the references to Birmingham/Tescos/Branston Pickles etc that the review is peppered with).

Bfox

Nov 18, 2007
D: REVIEW MUUUEEEEEEE!!

just kidding, great vid, I don't understand what started the hype with this game anyway..

HYPE = BAD. VERY BAD!! (worse than non logical fanboys? )

so, just never go to any game websites again, no preview videos, no magazines and you'll have the best gaming ever because everything will be a sleeper hit to you :D

aeonite

Oct 17, 2007
It is somehow appropriate that a game about sneaking around and stabbing people should be reviewed on the Day of the Ninja. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zPy1AgMvE8

blackadvent

Nov 16, 2007
Bfox said:
D: REVIEW MUUUEEEEEEE!!

just kidding, great vid, I don't understand what started the hype with this game anyway..

HYPE = BAD. VERY BAD!! (worse than non logical fanboys? )

so, just never go to any game websites again, no preview videos, no magazines and you'll have the best gaming ever because everything will be a sleeper hit to you :D
Also, avoid word of mouth hype (real life fanboys) and television ads.

In short, stay indoors, live by yourself, and read books.... yeah, right.

YeOldeMunger

Nov 28, 2007
Jeeeeees... I was so hoping for another obscure review so I could watch all the prepubescents squirm with angst. I pray this wasn't a caving-in to pressure; but still, it was funny as hell.

review lover

Dec 5, 2007
Yahtzee is the funniest person i have ever heard. He should do stand up or something. The kina guy i aspire to be.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
aeonite said:
It is somehow appropriate that a game about sneaking around and stabbing people should be reviewed on the Day of the Ninja. Awesome.
I hope he reviews Spore on the Day of the Triffids.

Abbadiel

Oct 15, 2007
Heh, good review and funny one too, actually, one of the best reviews Yahtzee has so far (in my opinion).

I heard about those beggars and heard that they where annoying as hell too. Didn't knew about the lepers though.

the_pearson_person

Sep 6, 2007
Lolz "Ye Olde Mosh Pit"

I love you.

On Facebook? Join the Zero Punctuation Appreciation Society:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6725770567