Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

panagram

Oct 19, 2008
ColdStorage said:
severonic said:
It's really fortunate that you're funny, because your opinions appear to have very little to do with that of most gamers. Well, certainly not mine at least, which is something I imagine we both take pride in.

P.S.
Putting Mirror's Edge next to titles like Haze, Too Human and the new fucking Sonic game makes you a total tit.
who are you talking to? Yahtzee?
dude he's not here, he's too busy ignoring you to death.

and by most gamers, you mean your friends list?.
Lol well put. I was wondering the same thing actually

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
at least the awards were slightly more entertaining than that ridiculous year in review bullshit. theres lots of top shelf games he didnt review yet.......

Nick_Bball

Dec 17, 2008
I don't understand. Has Little Big Planet not come out it Australia?! Also, I want to apoligize on behalf of Hideo Kojima if Metal Gear Solid 4 was too complicated for Ben to understand. That game was a masterpiece and no, I'm not a MGS fanboy. MGS4 happens to be the first one I've ever played.

tsaweeos

Nov 5, 2008
Awesome video.
I found this to be highly entertaining!
I hope to see what your "game of the year" for 2009 is :p (If you do this again.)
Although the Black Mesa: Source mod will be better then any game that comes out this year. ;)

Squeaksx

Jun 19, 2008
Heh, not only was it not an actual review, but it seemed to be a simple rampaging rant. (I get enough of that from Foamy,) I honestly hope he doesn't stick with going down this little path, but it's his slot so I suppose he can do whatever he wants.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
I liked the award giving this week, it rounds of the year very well. I don't understand people complaining about the video 2 weeks ago. You can hardly expect him to release a new video on Christmas Eve.

Anyway I liked this video, look forward to next weeks.

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
give me a call yahzee, Im in canada...
I assume canada aint so bad....
I was first in the 778 area code so I got my own number...
its XXX-XXX-XXXX
you can call me...
come over Ill treat you to nice organic pizza and we can hang each other and celebrate the end of the world

p.s. 9455 spells will

GodOfTongs

Jan 7, 2009
I've never really understood how everyone can go along with this. Ok, Yahtzee is just as funny as ever, but both GTA4 and MGS4 are great games.

MGS4

IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.3

GTA4
IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.8

His videos are great but how can you take his opinion seriously. He disagrees with absolutely everyone. His nomination for worst game of the year got almost strait 10's down the line. Ridiculous.

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Surprising, yet not, all in the same tidy, little package.
Yes, survival horror deserves the worst genre of the year, thanks for abandoning true horror for startling shitasticness.
Saint's Row 2? Really?
Well, GTA was fun back in the day, and I suppose that, if nothing else, it is trying to live up to the fun that GTA used to be.
Personally? I'm waiting for Yahtzee to take a look at a particular brand of JRPG that he mentioned back in the SR2 review...
I wonder if Yahtzee really does like Pokemon...

And was that an official "Welcome to The Escapist" endorsement for Unskippable?
I like the series, and I hope it gets the attention it deserves. :D

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
GodOfTongs said:
I've never really understood how everyone can go along with this. Ok, Yahtzee is just as funny as ever, but both GTA4 and MGS4 are great games.

MGS4

IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.3

GTA4
IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.8

His videos are great but how can you take his opinion seriously. He disagrees with absolutely everyone. His nomination for worst game of the year got almost strait 10's down the line. Ridiculous.
Meh, MGS 4 is a movie you occasionally get to join in with - a 50+ hour movie with way too much dialog.

As for GTA4, as much as I like it, its not that great a game. Reading the reviews in PC Gamer, you'd think it was the gaming version of a cure for cancer. Ok, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't perfect enough to be worthy of 10/10. The 7-9 range would have been more accurate, depending on gamer's tastes.

tsaweeos

Nov 5, 2008
GodOfTongs said:

MGS4

IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.3

GTA4
IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.8

OH MY GOD IGN AND GAMESPOT GAVE A GAME 10/10 THIS GAME MUST BE AMAZING!!! I'M GOING TO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!

seriously man... It's called an opinion. Every person has one. Just because others think a game is amazing doesn't mean you have to think the same.

Personally, I hate sandbox games like gta4.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Yahtzee said:
The Indiana Jones in a Fridge Award for franchise murder
Yes yes yes! Made me laugh. The whole year was nothing but sequels that show western gaming is stagnating under corporate control and I hope that the current Russian developing revolution wakes the CEOs up from their thought process of "NO ORIGINAL OR ABSURD STUFF! MAKE ANOTHER SEQUEL AND DUMB IT DOWN SO IT'S ACCESSABLE.. THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS! IF IT SUCKS WE'LL BLAME PIRACY FOR BAD SALES."

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
It was pretty okay, although I noticed the theme song being pitched lower. It didn't make me laugh as much as normal ZP episodes do, but it still got a chuckle out of me. :)

fallen1

Dec 22, 2008
GodOfTongs said:

MGS4

IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.3

GTA4
IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.8

It is his opinion and I don't think you can really fault him for not liking the games. I also agree with that giving a game a number to determine how good it is doesn't make it great. I played Halo 3 the night it came out and I didn't like it at all. I thought that the story line was boring and that the multiplayers was so-so at best. GTA4 is only a mediocre game at best in my mind because of the fact that they took out my favortie thing and that was the cops chasing me everywhere I went. In GTA4 you can just drive fast and they give up. MGS also use to be one of my favorite series up until 3 and then 4 further showed me that I didn't like it anymore. Games that get 10 ratings doesn't mean they are amazing, maybe the graphics are good and all and the fans love it, but not everyone will.
You also need to take into account who rated the game and what their opinions are.

DA GOD A CRUNK

Dec 3, 2008
i didnt agree with the gta 4 award i thought that it was pretty damn good and well the vgas apparently did to , but anyway saints row 2 is good but not better or worse than gta4